Headphone Sightings 2
May 15, 2013 at 12:23 PM Post #8,932 of 12,415
A few months ago I saw someone with Grados by Princess Margaret Hospital in Toronto. Couldn't tell what model, but they were one of the plastic ones. They were leaking sound like crazy! 
basshead.gif

May 15, 2013 at 2:26 PM Post #8,933 of 12,415
It's kind of hard to see expensive headphones outside because
1. They usually(not some) leak a lot
2. They are usually big
3. They are not fashionable compared to beats.

Nevertheless, I sat next to someone wearing SR80i in a plane(wonder if he could actually hear any music).

May 15, 2013 at 2:31 PM Post #8,934 of 12,415
I wore sr80is on an overnight plane ride once haha, it wasn't too hard to hear the music, the main problem was leakage whilst the mortals were sleeping XD

May 15, 2013 at 4:09 PM Post #8,936 of 12,415
It's kind of hard to see expensive headphones outside because
1. They usually(not some) leak a lot
2. They are usually big
3. They are not fashionable compared to beats.

4. People are worried about damage to their expensive headphones
5. People are worried about being mugged for their expensive headphones (though the unwashed masses / Beats idiots grants a mild form of herd immunity)

I was on a train two days ago and saw seven people with headphones on. I saw a Sony XB300, Audio Technica M50, Sony ZX300, an Audio Technica noise cancelling headphone, and the rest I couldn't fully identify... and best of all, not one person had on a Beats by Dr.Dre, SOUL by Ludacris, BOSE, Monster, or SOL Republic headphone. It was kinda surreal.

May 15, 2013 at 4:12 PM Post #8,937 of 12,415
Quote:
5. People are worried about being mugged for their expensive headphones (though the unwashed masses / Beats idiots grants a mild form of herd immunity)

I was on a train two days ago and saw seven people with headphones on. I saw a Sony XB300, Audio Technica M50, Sony ZX300, an Audio Technica noise cancelling headphone, and the rest I couldn't fully identify... and best of all, not one person had on a Beats by Dr.Dre, SOUL by Ludacris, BOSE, Monster, or SOL Republic headphone. It was kinda surreal.

Well, most public thinks that expensive headphones are BOSE, Monster, Soul and other crap. No one believed me when I said that my SE535 was $450.

May 15, 2013 at 4:47 PM Post #8,938 of 12,415

Well, most public thinks that expensive headphones are BOSE, Monster, Soul and other crap. No one believed me when I said that my SE535 was $450.

Yep, that's the herd immunity granted by Beats/Bose/popular garbage headphones. You can put on a Sony MA900, HiFiMan HE-400, or an Audio Technica AD2000X and most people wouldn't think it's an expensive headphone. You still probably wouldn't want to expose it to the elements so much. I'd be a bit bummed out if I had $1200 headphones and got them wet, scratched, dented, or filled with dirt because I was wearing them outdoors and bumped into something.

I'm a bit disappointed that I haven't seen any members identified by headphone sightings. For example, someone posts that he "saw a chubby man in his 40s with a goatee wearing an orange shirt and a Beyerdynamic DT 770 on a 7 train heading to Times Square" and someone else coming forward to post "Oh snap, that's me!"

May 15, 2013 at 5:20 PM Post #8,939 of 12,415
Quote:
I'm a bit disappointed that I haven't seen any members identified by headphone sightings. For example, someone posts that he "saw a chubby man in his 40s with a goatee wearing an orange shirt and a Beyerdynamic DT 770 on a 7 train heading to Times Square" and someone else coming forward to post "Oh snap, that's me!"

Yeah, that'd be pretty cool.  I'd like to see the reaction if/when it does happen.

May 15, 2013 at 11:27 PM Post #8,940 of 12,415
Yep, that's the herd immunity granted by Beats/Bose/popular garbage headphones. You can put on a Sony MA900, HiFiMan HE-400, or an Audio Technica AD2000X and most people wouldn't think it's an expensive headphone. You still probably wouldn't want to expose it to the elements so much. I'd be a bit bummed out if I had $1200 headphones and got them wet, scratched, dented, or filled with dirt because I was wearing them outdoors and bumped into something.

Miceblue was identified a little while ago. It wasn't him who said its me, rather, another member knew his custom M100's and made the connection.

P.S. he has light blue plates with white hearts for his M100's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back