Headphone Sightings 2
Apr 10, 2013 at 4:01 PM Post #8,614 of 12,415
Quote:
Quote:
I saw a few Beats Mixrs today. Those sightings are pretty rare in my area.

Also this:
http://www.akg.com/K712+PRO-827.html?pid=1408

Pure originality there. :sarcasm:

Beats... Beats everywhere at my school

Yeah Beats are abundant at my school too, but they are mostly Studios and Solos. There's an occasional Pro here and there, but the Mixrs and Executives are rare and very rare respectively. Heck, I see more Sennheiser HD201's than Mixrs or Executives. XD

Apr 10, 2013 at 4:41 PM Post #8,617 of 12,415
Yeah something like that. People say the Mixrs have the best quality of the Beats line *shrug*.

The mixrs ear cups feel like cardboard covered in plastic. No joke. David Guetta (the DJ who put his name on the mixrs) even said he likes the HD25 better.

Apr 10, 2013 at 4:43 PM Post #8,618 of 12,415
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah something like that. People say the Mixrs have the best quality of the Beats line *shrug*.

The mixrs ear cups feel like cardboard covered in plastic. No joke. David Guetta (the DJ who put his name on the mixrs) even said he likes the HD25 better.

Do you have a source for that?

But yeah the Mixr's earcups are quite uncomfortable.

Apr 10, 2013 at 4:44 PM Post #8,619 of 12,415
Do you have a source for that?

But yeah the Mixr's earcups are quite uncomfortable.

I just remember him saying that in some video somewhere, it would take a while to find.

Apr 11, 2013 at 12:07 PM Post #8,623 of 12,415
Quote:
Interesting to here your thoughts on that.
Maybe I'll have to come by and try your he6 setup ;P

There was really just something off in the Sr009. Li-En felt that the soundstage depths on the sides were really closed off.
I felt that it sounded "choppy" in a sense (hard to describe).
Meanwhile, neither of us felt that way about the 007.

Now that you mentioned the sound stage feeling cut off, I do agree a bit. It felt like you were boxed in and the depth and height was as far reached as its width. The width should usually feel wider. I have a feeling it may have been the source. If I recall, the stax rig was the only one using a macbook with itunes, and I'm not sure what player he was using feeding the itunes library. All other rigs were using JRiver.

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Apr 12, 2013 at 7:32 AM Post #8,624 of 12,415
Here in our office, I see many people using ipod earbuds as default.  A couple of people use bluetooth headsets though, from Philips and Jaybird I believe.  When people walk by my station and they see my amp and dac, they always say "what the hell is that?" and they say it with an expression of being weirded out instead of being curious. :)

Apr 12, 2013 at 10:00 AM Post #8,625 of 12,415
Agh..Flew through Chicago O'Hare this weekend.  Sat at a open restaurant inbetween the C and B terminals, lots of foot traffic..

..and the crowd averaged a pair of Beats every 30 seconds or so..and yet..

buried in there was a singular pair of Grados!  Not sure which.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back