Headphone Sightings 2
Apr 17, 2013 at 2:46 AM Post #8,642 of 12,415
Quote:
Quote:
okay so in this video just showed up on goodmusicallday there are DT770s, M50's and the black lady wearing Mr Speaker mad dogs? Pretty impressed with my self that I named all those off the top of my head lol.  Pretty great music video and song, some of the samples remind me a lot of Manic Focus if anyone is familiar.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_RlcrCRSY4Y

Good eye! I didn't spot the m50, but I saw the Fostex. Those aren't actually Mad Dogs, just t50rp's. they're pretty common work headphones. I've seen a couple in labs on my campus.

Yeah, they're just the regular-looking T50RP's.
M50 is at around 1:48 in the song (very brief moment with a guy wearing them).

Cool song. I think I'll add it to my list of albums to get. I'm not a fan of modern hip-hop, but this stuff is gooooood. :)

Apr 17, 2013 at 4:51 PM Post #8,647 of 12,415
Saw a guy wearing Beats again...but he took them off annddd...Klipsch Image S4s under them. Really popular, so I guess he just wears Beats to look cool.

Apr 17, 2013 at 10:58 PM Post #8,650 of 12,415
Quote:
Yeah, they're just the regular-looking T50RP's.
M50 is at around 1:48 in the song (very brief moment with a guy wearing them).

Cool song. I think I'll add it to my list of albums to get. I'm not a fan of modern hip-hop, but this stuff is gooooood. :)

pretty lights gives away all his stuff for free on his site in 320 kbps just thought i would put that in there, and a guy at my work bought some citiscape uptowns today

Apr 17, 2013 at 11:14 PM Post #8,652 of 12,415
headphone sightings... Watching Logic live stream from studio with his producer and sound engineer... his engineer just brought him some ATH M50s... "They're my favorite" - Logic lol  
He just got signed to def jam records and now he's unboxing M50's in a studio infront of 900 people literally 4 minutes after starting the live stream lol

Apr 17, 2013 at 11:23 PM Post #8,653 of 12,415
Fiend at school has some M80's. Also, every1 in my free period ride my Tiestos, they said they were amazing, and for only $130, they said they were gonna buy some :)

Apr 18, 2013 at 2:52 AM Post #8,654 of 12,415
Quote:
Every week or so this guy will walk in my store with a pair of Qualia 010s on, swear to god.

Quote:
Why do I find this hard to believe? xO

Expect the unexpected in retail, especially if it's a Hi-Fi shop. Some guy walked in once claiming he had blue Qualia's (not functional), so naturally I asked him to bring them. Sure enough he came back two days later with them!

We repaired it too, was just a short at the jack (thank god for him). They were huge on my head, apparently they're sold with either a S-M-L headband. He even brought it in its original packaging; almost as bad as Grado!

As for SQ, well, you'd best match it with a high end OTL tube amp; very strident and glary on most amps.

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Apr 18, 2013 at 3:20 AM Post #8,655 of 12,415
Quote:
Expect the unexpected in retail, especially if it's a Hi-Fi shop. Some guy walked in once claiming he had blue Qualia's (not functional), so naturally I asked him to bring them. Sure enough he came back two days later with them!

We repaired it too, was just a short at the jack (thank god for him). They were huge on my head, apparently they're sold with either a S-M-L headband. He even brought it in its original packaging; almost as bad as Grado!

As for SQ, well, you'd best match it with a high end OTL tube amp; very strident and glary on most amps.

So now I wonder, what portable setup is that weekly visitor using to drive his Qualia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back