Headphone Sightings 2
Mar 28, 2013 at 9:50 AM Post #8,551 of 12,415
The only thing is from my personal tastes, the sr007mk2 + WES + WDAC1 (Did I get the model right? It's the woo audio dac) was really only marginally better than my hd800 setup. The difference being that the stax setup felt a lot more natural.

You should still listen before you buy, especially when dropping that kind of money. There's a store in montreal called "Audioshop" that has both the sr007mki and sr007mk2 with the bundled amplifier from stax. If you really wanted they could special order the sr009 but do not have one to audition. It would be a good idea to try it before you buy since quality in the higher echelons is a lot more subjective (like personally I don't like the grado sound for the most part).

Mar 29, 2013 at 1:18 PM Post #8,554 of 12,415
>be very picky about earbuds and headphones
>see people with Skullcandy ink'ds
>see people with skullcrushers
>die a little inside

Most of my friends have no idea that other headphones exist (sarcasm). I tell them that they should try other things besides skullcandy and they pass me off as someone with no taste. Then, when they're not looking, I go through their iPod and determine if I should have been their friend in the first place.

I see a lot of Beats; pretty stereotypical people wearing them: guy with over gelled hair wearing a sleeveless shirt to show off his tan and huge biceps.

Best one's I've seen (best on this list) are some B&P P50s.

Mar 30, 2013 at 2:41 AM Post #8,556 of 12,415
 Surprisingly talked to a recently joined fellow head-fier at the local coffee shop today. Saw his M-80s and ZO amp sitting there so had to ask about them and what he thought. Oddest thing too i commented the other day on a rare thing he has ordered even.
What are the odds.
 I should have let him hear the TDS-15 / PA2V2 / Colorfly C3 ( today's out-and-about setup ) but didn't think of it until later. Some people are fussy about that and he didn't ask anyhow.

I have seen them in real life before but every single time i forget how small the M-80 are. Pretty cool things.

And a pair of ATH M-50 on a guy with some sort of attitude yesterday, maybe it was the music. booyah

Mar 30, 2013 at 3:44 AM Post #8,559 of 12,415
I see a lot of m50's on my campus. I've also seen at least one person sporting the superlux hd681, steelseries Siberia v2, and hd25. Lately I'm seeing a lot more v-moda lp's lately as well ^_^

Mar 30, 2013 at 3:47 AM Post #8,560 of 12,415
Had some guy pull out a Stax srm 323 amp and a pair of sr-507s.  I told the guy I was proud of him and he let me listen through them, it was a good day

I helped start a sennheiser following on my campus and I now see a considerable number of hd650s, 598s, 558s and 518s

Mar 30, 2013 at 7:27 AM Post #8,561 of 12,415
Quote:
IPod classic 5th gen> CLAS > O2 > HD800
One of my favorite setups to date and 100% portable as everything runs on battery.
I only bring them when I know I'll have long breaks at school.

that's outrageous 

Mar 30, 2013 at 11:43 AM Post #8,564 of 12,415
Quote:
Certainly not the brightest idea, but while driving I saw a probably college guy biking past, wearing M50's. First time seeing good equipment on a normal person...

what do you mean normal person? what about us?

I would consider head-fiers to be normal, but the only other nice cans I've seen were on DJ's, both live and radio. You know, professionals...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back