Headphone Sightings 2
Mar 21, 2013 at 6:51 PM Post #8,536 of 12,415
At my cousin's house of all places. (3 cousins and 1 of their wifeys there)

What surprised me was all of them had cans and IEMs but they're not audiophiles per say.. they just have money to buy whatever they want thanks to their parent's business. 

Headphones:
Klipsch Image Ones
Beats Studio (wife's)
Beats Executive
Audio-Technica ATH-M50s (these surprised me, I was so happy to see these out of all the other ones obviously)

IEMs:
Beats Tours
Klipsch S4
Audio-Technica CKS55 

I groaned at all the Beats lying around.. I hope to convert my family over to the world of Audiophiliacs. :) 

It's a work in progress to say the least.

Mar 21, 2013 at 7:52 PM Post #8,537 of 12,415
Guy at school who actually listens to decent music with Klipsch S4s. Another guy who had Shures, lost them. Now has ~$30 MEecs, but he understands amps and DACs and stuff, so he's fun to talk to.

Mar 24, 2013 at 12:02 AM Post #8,540 of 12,415
Quote:
Saw the Stax sr009 in public =O
at an audio show xD

Woo Audio is over at SSI now with lots of flagships.

Anyway, as for sightings, saw the beyer t50p, hd25-i-ii, and a few at m50.

I was there too, and altough a fair comparison wasn't possible due to different amps, i came away with the conclusion that they are all great sounding headphones.

I don't know about you, but to my surprise, i wasn't bowled over by the Stax 009, maybe  my expectations were too high, after reading nothing but great things about them. they're great sounding headphones, but the others held they're own very well, and had a much better price performance ratio.  

Mar 24, 2013 at 4:29 AM Post #8,541 of 12,415
Quote:
I've seen this headset being used by various sports announcers in the very rare occasion where I watch professional sports. It's similar to an HD-25-i-ii, but with a microphone attachment.

They are. I (coincidently) saw many HD 25-ii's w/ the mic attachment on many movies (including old school 1990ish ones, before I was even born) when I owned mine. Also I believe they still use them on many news channels and the NFL. Cost premium over the regular HD 25-ii's are quite a bit though.

Mar 24, 2013 at 5:28 AM Post #8,542 of 12,415
A lot of tv sport commentators in Australia seem to use HD25-ii. They are a pretty common sight from what I can see.

I saw two people that I know wearing ATH-m50s, once I get the chance to I will have a talk with them :p

Also saw the Adidas version of the HD25s. What a sight! Do I need to mention the huge population of beats that's around every 2nd corner of Sydney?

Mar 25, 2013 at 5:47 AM Post #8,544 of 12,415
Quote:
Today was an interesting day, in my school, one the members of the sound crew had a pair of ACS T1 lives and akg testos and saw another guy on the mrt with DT1350s

I had one of those mixers
Yamaha MG24/14fx or 32/14fx

Also, you guys are lucky :)
Best I've seen at my school is... well.... nothing. Beats, Apple earphones and land and certainly least, $2 discount store earphones

Mar 25, 2013 at 1:19 PM Post #8,545 of 12,415
Quote:

I thought the entire point of using a cIEM live was the fact that you can't hear yourself accurately while performing in most situations. 
confused.gif

Most but not all, and not everyone likes how you do hear yourself (and those around you) when wearing them. Lots of potential situations (intimiate stage with a lower performance amplification - for instance, especially if you need to harmonize) where they could be an impediment rather than an aid. 

Mar 25, 2013 at 8:49 PM Post #8,546 of 12,415
Quote:
at an audio show xD

Where was this audio show?

Mar 25, 2013 at 9:41 PM Post #8,547 of 12,415
Chatted briefly with a guy wearing Sennheiser Momentums on the Blue Line coming home today. 

Mar 26, 2013 at 9:04 AM Post #8,548 of 12,415

at an audio show xD

I was there too, and altough a fair comparison wasn't possible due to different amps, i came away with the conclusion that they are all great sounding headphones.

I don't know about you, but to my surprise, i wasn't bowled over by the Stax 009, maybe  my expectations were too high, after reading nothing but great things about them. they're great sounding headphones, but the others held they're own very well, and had a much better price performance ratio.  

I liked the stax sr007mk2 more than the 009 on the WES and so did a few other friends
You could have moved the headphones around to use with the different amps.

Mar 26, 2013 at 11:53 AM Post #8,549 of 12,415
walking to class (at college), and saw a guy sporting the m50s black.
i always see a ton of beats users or some low end earbuds/iems.

but it was nice to see.

Mar 26, 2013 at 7:01 PM Post #8,550 of 12,415
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

at an audio show xD

I liked the stax sr007mk2 more than the 009 on the WES and so did a few other friends
You could have moved the headphones around to use with the different amps.

I heard about your adventure from one of the Official Anime Thread posters. I think the SR-007 MKI (or MKII if MKI is unavailable) will be my end-game headphone; SR-009 is way too expensive and not worth it from what you and that other user said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back