Headphone Sightings 2
Mar 15, 2013 at 3:43 AM Post #8,506 of 12,415
Fanny Wang over-ears. Literally the first time I've seen one and he's in the same major as me.

I've heard one of those. I honestly don't know how I feel about them.. :))

Mar 15, 2013 at 11:24 AM Post #8,507 of 12,415
Quote:
Nice! Yeah, once in awhile I see people with Sennheiser HD 280 Pro's on at my university campus. I don't know how people can handle that clamp though, when I tried them it felt like my head was being squashed. 
frown.gif

I agree with the clamp, its a death grip..... I am used to the Beyerdynamic DT series and those super soft velour pads and perfect clamping force 
dt880smile.png

Mar 15, 2013 at 9:15 PM Post #8,508 of 12,415
Quote:
Saw a friend with those apple earpods, tried them, and was somewhat surprised.

I still wouldn't get a pair for myself since I'm not in the mood to pay $30 usd for that kind of sound. Maybe $15..but $30? ehhh

That's true, but they're still pretty nice for stock earbuds. And considering that the old iBuds also sold for $30?

Mar 16, 2013 at 12:19 AM Post #8,509 of 12,415
Quote:
That's true, but they're still pretty nice for stock earbuds. And considering that the old iBuds also sold for $30?

I remember getting my first ipod (3rd gen) the one with 4 buttons, still my favorite. But the earphones that came with those hurt my ears so much, I'm pretty sure I immediately got some Sony iem's that I still have today, don't even know what model they are, but they were going for the same price as the iBuds on their own. I don't know as much about iPods today, but can you buy one without the included earphones? Seems like that wouldn't be good business for apple, but it would be nice to not have to pay for something that is going to sit in the box unused.

Mar 16, 2013 at 12:22 AM Post #8,510 of 12,415
Quote:
Quote:
Saw a friend with those apple earpods, tried them, and was somewhat surprised.

I still wouldn't get a pair for myself since I'm not in the mood to pay $30 usd for that kind of sound. Maybe $15..but $30? ehhh

The earpods were surprisingly good-sounding to me too. If I'm paying for earphones though, they better have some noise isolation, and the earpods don't provide that.

Also, what the pho.
“Apple’s switch to paper-based speaker cones may be the source of their advertised improved low and mid-range response.”

From http://www.cultofmac.com/191409/ifixit-teardown-of-apples-new-earpods-reveals-more-durable-design-gallery/

Mar 16, 2013 at 3:19 PM Post #8,513 of 12,415
While it's cool they are wearing the SR-60i's - those would be almost entirely useless in a live recording session (as shown) - typically you want at least a little isolation. 

*shrug*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back