Headphone Sightings 2
Mar 9, 2013 at 7:06 AM Post #8,462 of 12,415
Saw a guy with Sony XB500's who said he was using it for his studio monitoring class the other day. Later I talked to a guy about his TMA-1's. 

Other than that, the usual sheep affair with beats littered the campus. :/

Mar 9, 2013 at 1:40 PM Post #8,463 of 12,415
Mar 9, 2013 at 3:47 PM Post #8,465 of 12,415
If he does his mixing well, at least we'll end up with a bass-light recording, which is something of a refreshing change, if not ideal.

Mar 9, 2013 at 10:46 PM Post #8,466 of 12,415
I also saw a Sony XB500, although it was at a robotics competition I attended today. There were also these huge and rather ugly headphones that were likely just meant to block out noise while people worked on loud machinery. Other than that, I didn't really see any headphones at all, let alone Beats.  

Mar 10, 2013 at 12:00 AM Post #8,467 of 12,415
What you'll see at my school: beats beats beats beats more beats, some fresh beats, garden picked beats. Then there's the Apple orchard. Ear pod here, there, everywhere. Then there's the cheap in ear headphones with no cushioning that make my ears bleed from discomfort. Then there's me in the corner rocking out to my sennheiser over ear headphones, while people laugh at me for paying more than 100$ on such a crappy pair of headphones. Smd.

Mar 10, 2013 at 12:13 AM Post #8,468 of 12,415
What you'll see at my school: beats beats beats beats more beats, some fresh beats, garden picked beats. Then there's the Apple orchard. Ear pod here, there, everywhere. Then there's the cheap in ear headphones with no cushioning that make my ears bleed from discomfort. Then there's me in the corner rocking out to my sennheiser over ear headphones, while people laugh at me for paying more than 100$ on such a crappy pair of headphones. Smd.

My university is exactly the same. Endless fields of Beats and Apples. I'll occasionally see something that grabs my attention but it's rare.

Mar 10, 2013 at 12:20 AM Post #8,469 of 12,415
My university is exactly the same. Endless fields of Beats and Apples. I'll occasionally see something that grabs my attention but it's rare.

There's this one kid who thinks he's an audiophile but he has ifrogs which are terrible. He got some after shocks though. interesting imo...

Other than that, the local best buy was out of beats this Christmas.

Mar 10, 2013 at 10:58 PM Post #8,470 of 12,415
Quote:
There's this one kid who thinks he's an audiophile but he has ifrogs which are terrible. He got some after shocks though. interesting imo...

Other than that, the local best buy was out of beats this Christmas.

It shocks me how similar "ifrogs" and "frogbeats" are...
And good. If they run out of beats, maybe someone will buy something good. Saw some Senns and some Sonys when I went to pick up a new case for my phone, not all of their stuff is bad.

Mar 11, 2013 at 2:40 AM Post #8,472 of 12,415
Quote:
Quote:
Saw a guy with Sony XB500's who said he was using it for his studio monitoring class the other day. 

I literally had to restrain my arm from facepalming when I heard him say that. 

Still a really nice guy though. 

Oops, need to contribute to the thread, endless waves of apple earbuds.

Just endless.

Mar 11, 2013 at 8:19 AM Post #8,474 of 12,415
Saw a guy with TWO pairs of Beats around his neck...and listening to iBuds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back