Headphone Sightings 2
Mar 3, 2013 at 9:20 PM Post #8,446 of 12,415
Today, I was talking with my brother. His ****** bag friend (a high school wrestler) comes into our conversation about headphones. I just got done saying I love my HE-400 pair of headphones for their sound quality. I visibly winced, expecting him to tell me to buy some Beats. He then said he hadn't heard of that brand, but loved his Sennheisers he has. I was so taken back, I didn't even ask him what model. I honestly don't care.

Mar 3, 2013 at 9:45 PM Post #8,447 of 12,415
I have been seeing quite a mix at the gym lately.  A few Beats but also Sennheisers HD238 I think, Sony's smaller on ears, Lots of different brands of in ears with a few monster in ears.  I am getting more surprised every day.

One coworker got the Shure SE315s.  He saw my UItrasone IQs but never heard of the brand so I enlightened him on those and other brands as  well. 

Also noted a large selection of Sennheisers at the New Orleans airport last week which was nice to see.

Mar 3, 2013 at 9:52 PM Post #8,448 of 12,415
red and white 'beats' by monster , pizzeria last week.
various(!) earbuds/iems whatever the current buzzword is. i couldn't name one pair. In town, by the stores, at the beach in summer, at work.
but to date, the best sighting I've seen was probably Sennheiser HD-580s on vacation in New Mexico.

Mar 3, 2013 at 11:48 PM Post #8,449 of 12,415
Haven't posted in a while :p

Anyway, I've been seeing lots of M50s here in Montreal which is nice.

A few Shure earbuds here and there.

Lots of beats.

A few of the new Monster Vektr

And, I was quite surprised, a Beyer DT770.

I saw on the same platform of Metro Bonaventure two people wearing M50's. In addition, I feel like I see the various closed AKG models out in the city at least couple of times a week.

Maybe I'm the Beyer owner you saw (premiums) : P

I saw them at school >.<

Mar 5, 2013 at 4:10 AM Post #8,450 of 12,415

blink.gif

Mar 5, 2013 at 1:11 PM Post #8,452 of 12,415
HD25-1 ii on the blue line train this morning. Different guy than last time, I think. 

Mar 6, 2013 at 8:02 PM Post #8,454 of 12,415
Females, and alot (in audiophile terms) of them!

Saw a girl with Diamond Tears who recognized my Copper's, we struck up a nice conversation about headgear.

Then later today on the way out of campus i saw a girl with M50's and another (ironically enough) with the Turbine Pro Gold's.

Was a good day :33 Other than that, I saw a lot of guys with Beats, and a couple of the newer XB series here and there.

Mar 6, 2013 at 11:51 PM Post #8,455 of 12,415
Quote:
Females, and alot (in audiophile terms) of them!

Saw a girl with Diamond Tears who recognized my Copper's, we struck up a nice conversation about headgear.

Then later today on the way out of campus i saw a girl with M50's and another (ironically enough) with the Turbine Pro Gold's.

Was a good day :33 Other than that, I saw a lot of guys with Beats, and a couple of the newer XB series here and there.

wink.gif

Mar 7, 2013 at 12:40 AM Post #8,456 of 12,415
Quote:
Haven't posted in a while
tongue.gif

Lots of beats.

Hey it has been a while! How did your project go by the way?

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Mar 7, 2013 at 3:24 AM Post #8,457 of 12,415
If any of you are in Edmonton, Canada at the U of A, there's quite a lot of non Beats around! Portapros, a few M50s, several sennheisers, and a bunch of different IEMs. I seem to be the only one with vmoda though.

Mar 7, 2013 at 7:45 AM Post #8,458 of 12,415
Quote:
If any of you are in Edmonton, Canada at the U of A, there's quite a lot of non Beats around! Portapros, a few M50s, several sennheisers, and a bunch of different IEMs. I seem to be the only one with vmoda though.

I noticed that the year I spent there, too. I used to wear my LPs around there quite a bit. If all goes well, I should be sporting some Sig DJs around for the coming year.

Mar 8, 2013 at 9:00 PM Post #8,460 of 12,415
Haven't posted in a while :p

Lots of beats.

Hey it has been a while! How did your project go by the way?

My teacher thought it was really good xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back