Headphone Sightings 2
Jan 20, 2013 at 2:03 PM Post #8,146 of 12,415
Just ran to Walmart and the guy in front of me had some gr07's. I just got mine and love them. I wanted to say, "hey, I've got those." But I didn't want to ask him to take them off...little weird. 

Jan 21, 2013 at 8:00 AM Post #8,147 of 12,415
I saw another Japanese girl wearing Marshall Majors.  Well they look nice though /shrug

Jan 21, 2013 at 9:35 AM Post #8,148 of 12,415
saw a girl wearing AKG K66 o.O

@Uni i have spotted couple ATH M50, in black and another one in white, then, Superlux - HD330. Then some Beats, and some flashy skullcandies. Plenty of Koss Porta Pro:s around here.

Jan 21, 2013 at 1:02 PM Post #8,149 of 12,415
I saw something that looked like an HD 239 but with a red and black headband. An Adidas version?

Jan 21, 2013 at 1:10 PM Post #8,150 of 12,415
Nope - just a basic color variant (this is the 229). 
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0065VKOQ8/

Jan 21, 2013 at 2:45 PM Post #8,151 of 12,415
I've seen quite a lot of studio monitor as a portable, it doesn't seem practical with long coiled cable

Jan 21, 2013 at 2:45 PM Post #8,152 of 12,415
I've seen quite a lot of studio monitor as a portable, it doesn't seem practical with long coiled cable

Jan 21, 2013 at 7:24 PM Post #8,153 of 12,415
At school today: Beats, Beats, and more Beats. It gets disgusting at school. There was this guy bragging about his new Beats Pros in math class and everyone was like "OH MY GAWD". I let them try my Grado SR60i, and all of them said that they have no bass and that they suck 
rolleyes.gif
 There are also a ton of Sony MDR-EX10LPs, which are the only headphones carried by the school store. A lot of earpods/Apple earbuds too. Interestingly, I also see a lot of the Air Canada earbuds.
In Toronto over the weekend: Several Portapros. I never had the chance to try them, but they actually look pretty nice in real life. Also saw a lot of Bose. Not really a sighting, but when I visited a headphone store, the guy there had and AKG K3003i, which was returned because of R/L balance problems. He let me try them-THEY ARE AMAZING! Only if I had the money to buy them....

Jan 21, 2013 at 10:17 PM Post #8,155 of 12,415
Quote:
At school today: Beats, Beats, and more Beats. It gets disgusting at school. There was this guy bragging about his new Beats Pros in math class and everyone was like "OH MY GAWD". I let them try my Grado SR60i, and all of them said that they have no bass and that they suck 
rolleyes.gif
 There are also a ton of Sony MDR-EX10LPs, which are the only headphones carried by the school store. A lot of earpods/Apple earbuds too. Interestingly, I also see a lot of the Air Canada earbuds.
In Toronto over the weekend: Several Portapros. I never had the chance to try them, but they actually look pretty nice in real life. Also saw a lot of Bose. Not really a sighting, but when I visited a headphone store, the guy there had and AKG K3003i, which was returned because of R/L balance problems. He let me try them-THEY ARE AMAZING! Only if I had the money to buy them....

Must have been frustrating when they told you that your Grados sucked... 

Jan 22, 2013 at 6:52 AM Post #8,157 of 12,415
Quote:
rolleyes.gif

Had a guy like that in my class once, he was convinced that Beats were the best in the world. Let him try my AKG K550's and he said "where's the bass?" and then tried to convince me that i shouldn't use my money on such "obscure brands" because they will sell it for 10 times what they're worth....... O.o

Jan 22, 2013 at 6:56 AM Post #8,158 of 12,415
Quote:
Had a guy like that in my class once, he was convinced that Beats were the best in the world. Let him try my AKG K550's and he said "where's the bass?" and then tried to convince me that i shouldn't use my money on such "obscure brands" because they will sell it for 10 times what they're worth....... O.o

wow he must be convinced that we live in a parallel world
actually i shudder to think that in a parallel world, beats are considered the height of the audiophile world

Jan 22, 2013 at 11:22 AM Post #8,159 of 12,415
Saw another red Audio Technica PRO500MK2 today.  I'm tempted to buy one, but only as a donor body.  I don't like how they sound.

Jan 22, 2013 at 8:54 PM Post #8,160 of 12,415
Quote:

wow... what did you tell him next? I would have benn quite mad if someone told me that
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back