Headphone Sightings 2
Nov 11, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #7,741 of 12,415
A guy at my gynmastics club had a pair of beats(solo HD, iirc). I talked to him for a bit about headphones, he said that he bought them because he only needed ok sound, the rest of the money went into the brand and bing factor which was fine with him.

Different priorities for different people I guess.

Nov 11, 2012 at 6:13 PM Post #7,742 of 12,415
Well if anyone in LA sees a dude sitting in a sports bar enjoying a drink and some seafood fettuccine wearing some dt1350's while watching the game......... That would be me :beyersmile:

Nov 12, 2012 at 2:48 AM Post #7,743 of 12,415
I'll be strutting by in a pair of K 702s and Dolce aviators with a toothpick hanging out of my mouth ala Scott Hall

Nov 12, 2012 at 2:52 AM Post #7,744 of 12,415
I'll be...volunteering at a daycare with my FXD40s on because I can't afford having a twerp mess around with anything more expensive than these. 

Somehow, I feel like you guys are having more fun than me.

Nov 12, 2012 at 6:03 PM Post #7,745 of 12,415
I think they do...well the AEs anyway. They're also the comfiest closed headphones I've ever used.
I nearly bought some Bose too: I don't think they're too expensive and the comfort and midrange are plus points.

As a bonus I get to potentially troll some guy wearing Grados in public by asking if he's a Spitfire pilot and showing him my new jet-age headwear.

Nov 13, 2012 at 6:08 AM Post #7,746 of 12,415
Saw a middle-aged man wearing a pair of ER4's on the train. Surprised the heck out of me LOL live in HK btw :DD

Nov 13, 2012 at 9:28 AM Post #7,747 of 12,415
What the hell? Was this in the Philippines? Maybe this can be one of the things i'll be looking forward to when I go visit in December, where was it?

Robinsons Galleria, I think the store was called.. Egghead? :D

Nov 13, 2012 at 9:44 AM Post #7,748 of 12,415
3 kids in my school have Beats, the smaller on-ear ones whichever model that it. Just 5 minutes ago one of them asked about my JVC HA-S400s, which are my portables.

He said "How big are the kickers in your headphones?"
I'm like "The drivers? 30mm I think?"

He kept going on about how his Beats have "TWO 20mm kickers in each can and it makes them HD" I argued that mine were just as good or better and so he came and tried em. This was his response: "Wow... you got me, the clarity of these is at LEAST as good as mine, they could use a bass boost though. How much did you pay?" He didn't believe that they were only $30 lol

Nov 13, 2012 at 10:00 AM Post #7,749 of 12,415
3 kids in my school have Beats, the smaller on-ear ones whichever model that it. Just 5 minutes ago one of them asked about my JVC HA-S400s, which are my portables.

He said "How big are the kickers in your headphones?"
I'm like "The drivers? 30mm I think?"

He kept going on about how his Beats have "TWO 20mm kickers in each can and it makes them HD" I argued that mine were just as good or better and so he came and tried em. This was his response: "Wow... you got me, the clarity of these is at LEAST as good as mine, they could use a bass boost though. How much did you pay?" He didn't believe that they were only $30 lol

Don't Solo HDs have the same driver as the Studios, a single un-amped 40mm "kicker"? :blink::D I like Beats bass though, with slight EQing of the mids and treble it's quite decent. But if I was him, I would have felt ripped off if a $30 headphone matches my $199 headphone in clarity, even if mine aren't Beats. :beyersmile:

EDIT: The new ones do have two drivers.. Interesting..

Nov 13, 2012 at 4:17 PM Post #7,751 of 12,415
I nearly bought some Bose too: I don't think they're too expensive and the comfort and midrange are plus points.
As a bonus I get to potentially troll some guy wearing Grados in public by asking if he's a Spitfire pilot and showing him my new jet-age headwear.

On the downside, the Grado guy probably paid less, and is enjoying his music more. :D

Nov 13, 2012 at 8:26 PM Post #7,754 of 12,415
Saw a girl with Q701 and an amp on a train yesterday. Looked cool with the green headphones in an otherwise grey surrounding 
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back