Headphone Sightings 2
Oct 2, 2012 at 7:39 PM Post #7,412 of 12,415
Can't be positive because i was whizzing past on the bus and couldn't get a good look, but i'm fairly certain i saw some girl wearing ultrasone pro 900's, if not they were a really good imitation of them lol.

Oct 3, 2012 at 12:35 PM Post #7,417 of 12,415
There seems to be a trend in Aarhus, Denmark these days for: http://www.4sound.dk/shop/hovedtelefoner/marshall/major.html. So many of them! But there are more Beats :)

I've spotted a few AKG's and a pair of Ultrasone Pro 900's at a LAN recently, but other than that it's a forrest of iphone buds here

Oct 3, 2012 at 2:35 PM Post #7,418 of 12,415
Quote:
There seems to be a trend in Aarhus, Denmark these days for: http://www.4sound.dk/shop/hovedtelefoner/marshall/major.html. So many of them! But there are more Beats :)

I've spotted a few AKG's and a pair of Ultrasone Pro 900's at a LAN recently, but other than that it's a forrest of iphone buds here

Yeah, come to think of it, I've seen a lot of those marshalls around too, not anything special based the reviews I've read here at head-fi though

Oct 3, 2012 at 2:47 PM Post #7,419 of 12,415
My commue to central London by train is a head-fis delight.
mainly Beats and Apple IEM, but also lots of Marshalls, PX200s and HD25s

but the ones that are getting really common are the JVC HA-S160
£13, and just everywhere, second most common now are Sony MDR-ZX300
both these are rivalling Beats for sightings.

never seen anyone else with T-50P or ATH-ES7, except me.

Oct 3, 2012 at 10:02 PM Post #7,420 of 12,415
My school is a headphone haven, even if not all of them are good.  The groups in my school divide along headphone brands.  The Athletes all have beats (tho one has i think senn hd25's), The band guise almost all have sony buds or skullcandy cans, but a few notable exceptions: A drummer friend of mine has AKG K44's, my friend just bought Audio-Technica ATHm20's, and another friend of mine has VModa crossfade LP's similar to mine.  The rest of the populus mostly wears ibuds though.  

Oct 4, 2012 at 1:20 AM Post #7,421 of 12,415
Sony MDR-V55's on a guy walking to work.  They're good looking headphones.

Oct 4, 2012 at 1:25 AM Post #7,422 of 12,415
I just see beats and LOTS of horrible [size=small]MDR-XD100s (the people at the computer labs lend them to students...urg).[/size]
[size=small]Oh, and I've seen a lot of people wear Sony's ZX300 lately (I guess that has to do with the fact that costco is selling these).[/size]

[size=small]I miss Austria; I was there a couple of months ago and it was great...the high-end music equipment stores, the records stores everywhere, classical music in every corner and church...and the headphones in the streets...the HEADPHONES! [/size]
bigsmile_face.gif

beyersmile.png

My friend who is in Japan right now says it is even better there.

Oct 4, 2012 at 1:33 AM Post #7,423 of 12,415
Japan has one of the strongest economies, and they try hard to create identity for themselves, and what better way to create an identity with cool cans? so it does not come as a surprise that they have a big headphone marked!

Oct 4, 2012 at 6:05 AM Post #7,424 of 12,415
Quote:
Yeah, come to think of it, I've seen a lot of those marshalls around too, not anything special based the reviews I've read here at head-fi though

Seems like a standard trend, used as an accessory mostly for looks. The Marshalls are mostly popular with the younger crowd  and since everyone knows Marshall guitar amps, having miniature look-a-likes on your ears must be awesome and give lots of street-cred right? : ) 

Oct 4, 2012 at 1:56 PM Post #7,425 of 12,415
Quote:

Seems like a standard trend, used as an accessory mostly for looks. The Marshalls are mostly popular with the younger crowd  and since everyone knows Marshall guitar amps, having miniature look-a-likes on your ears must be awesome and give lots of street-cred right? : ) 

Yeah, another brand trying to follow in the footsteps of the beats *facepalm*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back