Headphone Sightings 2
Sep 30, 2012 at 12:14 AM Post #7,381 of 12,415
A while ago, I saw this younger Asian girl wearing a pair of Grado's on the bus. 225i's or lower. No silver cups here. I was shocked/happy to see such a thing in the wild. Other than that, it's just iBuds and random colored cheapo ear buds most times.

Sep 30, 2012 at 4:02 AM Post #7,384 of 12,415
Wearing good headphones in public is dangerous... Yesterday I saw a guy riding a bike wearing a set of DT1350. I almost turned him into a roadpizza as he wasn't looking where he was going, ran a red light and ended up in front of my car... I was only barely able to stop in time, but I had to save those cans from being damaged. I put my car on the side of the road to check if the guy was ok (he did a deer in the headlights kind of thing and turned really, really pale).

He apologized saying he was into his music a bit too much, then mumbled something like "but I doubt you'd understand"... I said "try me", and pointed at my ES10 on the passengerseat of my car. He smiled and said "ok, maybe you do". He didn't know about head-fi, so I told him to check it out. Then we went on our ways again...

Sep 30, 2012 at 4:11 AM Post #7,385 of 12,415
Here in Thailand, it is easier to buy fake beats than it is to find a shop that sells grado, audio technica, and, etc with the exception of sennhiser. Few days ago I spot three beats user in the mall. One of them tour, other studio, other pro.

Sep 30, 2012 at 4:45 AM Post #7,386 of 12,415
Quote:
Wearing good headphones in public is dangerous... Yesterday I saw a guy riding a bike wearing a set of DT1350. I almost turned him into a roadpizza as he wasn't looking where he was going, ran a red light and ended up in front of my car... I was only barely able to stop in time, but I had to save those cans from being damaged. I put my car on the side of the road to check if the guy was ok (he did a deer in the headlights kind of thing and turned really, really pale).

Good headphones in public is ok. Sound isolating headphones while riding your bike (or walking around lots of traffic), however, is idiotic. 

Sep 30, 2012 at 4:47 AM Post #7,387 of 12,415
Quote:

Good headphones in public is fine. Sound isolating headphones while riding your bike (or walking around lots of traffic) however, is idiotic. 

Sep 30, 2012 at 5:03 AM Post #7,388 of 12,415
A week back, I saw a guy with Denon 7100's at Kinokuniya O_O At school, the guy working in one of the projects in our project lab is wearing a HD25. 2 weeks back, say a cute girl wearing TF10s. Another time there was a girl with UM1s(a few months back). 

Sep 30, 2012 at 5:12 AM Post #7,389 of 12,415
I just met a group of eleven, all of whom were using soundmagic es 18s at school.
I actually don't understand how beats dominate the headphone market, because at our school the number of beats is not even a twentieth of the number of es 18s.

Sep 30, 2012 at 5:30 AM Post #7,391 of 12,415
Quote:
Yea...
I'm out and about a lot but I only see designer headphones, m50s, hd25 and vmodas.
I draw a lot of looks with my hd800/lcd2 (and for a good reason...)

Seeing any of those out in public would be a bit of an unusual sighting. hd25 are fairly common, used to have a friend with some. Vmodas seem really uncommon in Europe, not sure why, to me they seem like a good looking headphone to replace beats, but whatever.
Talk about wearing hd800s in public, do you ever get any "we surrender our planet to your superior species" comments with those futuristic high tech cans?

Sep 30, 2012 at 6:12 AM Post #7,392 of 12,415
I was at the train station last Sunday, and encountered one pair of HD25s, one pair of Amperiors and a pair of ATH M50s. Probably the largest collection of quality headphones I've seen on passers by in the space of an hour!

Sep 30, 2012 at 3:55 PM Post #7,395 of 12,415
Quote:

He apologized saying he was into his music a bit too much, then mumbled something like "but I doubt you'd understand"... I said "try me", and pointed at my ES10 on the passengerseat of my car. He smiled and said "ok, maybe you do". He didn't know about head-fi, so I told him to check it out. Then we went on our ways again...

Awesome story

Users who are viewing this thread

Back