Headphone Sightings 2
Sep 1, 2012 at 11:16 AM Post #7,099 of 12,415
Quote:
ive seen a lot of skullcandy hesh and i saw this guy wearing soul sl150....like seriously soul is even worse than beats

I remember the firs week in school this year people were talking about IEMs and earbuds, and i just happened to hear them say "skullcandys are the best headphones out there!" - Made me cringe 
frown.gif

Sep 1, 2012 at 2:37 PM Post #7,102 of 12,415
Actually, I forgot that I've seen various Beats in public, and especially in the Apple shop where I get my very fragile Apple products repaired. One girl stuck in my mind because she was stood in the middle of the crowd wearing red Beats Studio without the cord plugged in and over the hood of what looked like a $300 top. I looked as if to say "huh?" and she looked back like she was thinking "everybody loves me." I finished our imaginary exchange with a psychic "no, honey, you're stood right where everybody is fighting to talk to this Genius, and we're all trying to get around you."

People wearing Beats don't bother me because I know people who lust over far more expensive status symbols, and while it would be funny to see Beats owners' reactions to realising they spent a fortune on shiny plastic decorated with an MTV superstar's name, they're likely to still think they made the right choice. Let 'em get on with it, I guess.

Oh, and one guy I know wears a multi-thousand dollar Omega and Skullcandy with what looks like a glitter logo on them. Go figure.

Sep 1, 2012 at 5:50 PM Post #7,104 of 12,415
Quote:
Actually, I forgot that I've seen various Beats in public

Yeah I usually try to ignore/forget about Beats sightings as well.  Most of the time I see them, I'm just trying to get to work, not looking to throw down.

Quote:
she looked back like she was thinking "everybody loves me."

LOL! 
biggrin.gif

Quote:
Anyone watching the international 2 dota tournament?
They've got every commentator equipped with HD25's. :)

Nope, but I hope those commentators have a clause in their contracts whereby they get to keep their wardrobe. 
wink.gif

Sep 1, 2012 at 7:41 PM Post #7,106 of 12,415
Quote:
my friend thinks beats are the best of the best, top quality......so yeah, we had a little talk about headphones....

Haha, I bet that wasn't an easy conversation to have...
biggrin.gif

Sep 1, 2012 at 8:24 PM Post #7,107 of 12,415
beginning of a normal day in middle school when suddenly... This 9th grader is wearing black beats studio with the volume of his ipod all the way up and I can hear that, then his friend asks if he can even hear him and the guy wearing the beats lifts up the ear cup and asks "what, I  can't hear you because of my awesome headphones" and since I'm a 6th grader who no one listens to I'm forced to stay quiet til class starts :frowning2: even though I can't wait til the new vmoda m100s to come out (after the pre-sale) so I can show those noobs what real headphones are like

Sep 1, 2012 at 8:47 PM Post #7,109 of 12,415
Quote:
beginning of a normal day in middle school when suddenly... This 9th grader is wearing black beats studio with the volume of his ipod all the way up and I can hear that, then his friend asks if he can even hear him and the guy wearing the beats lifts up the ear cup and asks "what, I  can't hear you because of my awesome headphones" and since I'm a 6th grader who no one listens to I'm forced to stay quiet til class starts :frowning2: even though I can't wait til the new vmoda m100s to come out (after the pre-sale) so I can show those noobs what real headphones are like

6th? Youngest Head-Fi'er detected. I joined in when I was in the 10th grade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back