Headphone Sightings 2
Aug 30, 2012 at 7:02 PM Post #7,066 of 12,415
Quote:
What really irks me are the ones walking around with one iBud dangling free and the other in their ear. Who wants to listen to just half of the music? 
confused_face_2.gif

You mean a quater since ibuds can only reproduce half the frequencies 
biggrin.gif

Aug 31, 2012 at 12:54 AM Post #7,069 of 12,415
Saw some Senn PX 360's today at Target... 
blink.gif

NEVER seen anyone with them... lol
I bought a pair of them a while back because they were on sale for $100 and I had a gift card. Heeeeheeeeee

Aug 31, 2012 at 4:21 AM Post #7,070 of 12,415
I saw a guy wearing a pair of Grado SR-80's (not 80i's) in Dublin the other day, I actually went up to him and congratulated him for having taste and being generally awesome :) 

Aug 31, 2012 at 4:36 AM Post #7,071 of 12,415
The only time I take public trasit is when I travel since my town doesn't have a good bus/train system. I am going to NY and Philly next month and will have time to walk around and sit on trains to go places. This is a silly question but do you guys worry about noise isolation when wearing headphones to walk around or ride a bus or train? My concern is that I might miss the driver calling out a stop or a car honking at me if I step into the street and don't notice. I am also concerned about wearing giant over-the-ear headphones out in public. I always think it looks weird.

Aug 31, 2012 at 6:05 AM Post #7,072 of 12,415
Quote:
The only time I take public trasit is when I travel since my town doesn't have a good bus/train system. I am going to NY and Philly next month and will have time to walk around and sit on trains to go places. This is a silly question but do you guys worry about noise isolation when wearing headphones to walk around or ride a bus or train? My concern is that I might miss the driver calling out a stop or a car honking at me if I step into the street and don't notice. I am also concerned about wearing giant over-the-ear headphones out in public. I always think it looks weird.

I only wear IEM's in public when I'm in an area where I don't have to worry about interacting with people or cars. So for me, it's mostly at the gym or in my room before going to bed.

Aug 31, 2012 at 7:01 AM Post #7,075 of 12,415
Quote:
so you dont get hit by a car 

If they're going to go around wearing iBuds, maybe they deserve the occasional blunt force trauma.  Karma's a b*tch.

Aug 31, 2012 at 7:20 AM Post #7,077 of 12,415
Quote:

If they're going to go around wearing iBuds, maybe they deserve the occasional blunt force trauma.  Karma's a b*tch.

lol...the occasional blunt force trauma. You make it sound so normal. As much as I hate ibuds, you can't really blame some of them. They just don't know any better.

Aug 31, 2012 at 7:28 AM Post #7,078 of 12,415
I saw a guy wearing a pair of Grado SR-80's (not 80i's) in Dublin the other day, I actually went up to him and congratulated him for having taste and being generally awesome :) 

That reminds me of when I told a guy on the train who was wearing his sr80is on the train that he had good taste in headphones. He looked at me funny ~,~

Aug 31, 2012 at 7:29 AM Post #7,079 of 12,415
Quote:
lol...the occasional blunt force trauma. You make it sound so normal. As much as I hate ibuds, you can't really blame some of them. They just don't know any better.

Oh, I wouldn't say I'm blaming anybody for anything.  But modern medicine and improved sanitary practices have resulted in an unnatural population explosion.  And I readily accept that they don't know any better and wallow in ignorance.  But here's my point:  I happen to believe that not being curious about the world around you - or what might be out there - is a mild form of stupidity.  And it's just a matter of time before a lot of stupid people - wandering around with one iBud in their ears - are going to influence the entire gene pool negatively and retard the entire species.  So really, I'm trying to save all mankind here. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back