Headphone Sightings 2
Feb 8, 2012 at 9:25 PM Post #6,275 of 12,415
On my way back from guitar center after returning the SRH440, a sea of ibuds, beats solo, studio, skullcandy aviator, Bose iem.

While waiting for my friend, again, a sea of ibuds, beats, apple iEM, B&W P5 (which made my day).

People don't really use headphone while they're out, and most just use ibud, looks like people don't really buy into the beats crap here at San Fran.

Feb 8, 2012 at 10:51 PM Post #6,277 of 12,415

I would like to confirm that the Beats by Dre Pro headphones that LMAO were wearing at the Super Bowl half-time show were in fact diamond encrusted: 114 carats to be exact.

Also from the article: 
By comparison, 50 Cent's new line of headphones cost only loose change. After negotiations with Sleek Audio fell through, 50 Cent created his own oversized, branded headphones. STREET by 50 cost $300 while SYNC by 50 work wirelessly for $400. The logo on the professionally tuned wireless headphones blinks every time they are synced to the transmitter.

Oh yeah, $300 is loose change, over-ear headphones are now oversized headphones, and the SYNC by 50 are professionally tuned, can't get much better than that. That made me LMAO, pun intended.

Back on to the topic, I saw 3 people with DT770's and 1 SR80i, 1 HD428, and 1 MDR-V700DJ. I couldn't believe it. Other than that, nothing other than the usual Beats Studio and Solo headphones.

Feb 8, 2012 at 11:07 PM Post #6,278 of 12,415
Only identifiable ones I've seen was some hipster was wearing a pair of HD555 in a crowded pub. Seen a few decent looking IEMs kicking about on public transport but nothing I can identify :frowning2:

Oh and beats are everywhere over here (Melbourne, Australia), they are basically the Ed Hardy of headphones. Of all people a muso acquaintance of mine raves about his Beats headphones.

Feb 9, 2012 at 1:09 AM Post #6,279 of 12,415
My friend bought a new pair of skullcandy's, I was quite dissapointed.

Feb 9, 2012 at 1:15 AM Post #6,280 of 12,415
I saw another pair of Bose on the train, second time in as many days and the second time in my life. Also, a guy I knew bought Sony Noise-cancellers 
frown.gif
 And then had the nerve to say he wanted to put Beats Audio on his Nexus S 
angry_face.gif

Feb 10, 2012 at 12:11 AM Post #6,283 of 12,415
I saw another pair of Bose on the train, second time in as many days and the second time in my life. Also, a guy I knew bought Sony Noise-cancellers And then had the nerve to say he wanted to put Beats Audio on his Nexus S

I wonder what phones with Beats Audio actually sound like :rolleyes:

At the library:
Headphones that look like Beats Pro from a distance but have something green instead of the Beats logo :confused:
Grey JVC cans
Ladybug cans :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back