Headphone Sightings 2
Feb 10, 2012 at 1:54 AM Post #6,286 of 12,415

Quote:
Just saw a Blackberry Bold commercial featuring some DJ brothers, and one of them had Adidas HD 25.

I just saw that a bit ago, kind of cool.

Walking around town earlier I saw the usual beat flood as well as someone with P5s and a girl with some kind of grados (why she was wearing them outside walking around is beyond me)

I was wearing my simple M6 iems and was asked about them at the gas station.  She liked the way the "wire went over my ear" and asked how much they were.  I told her I got mine for 14 bucks and that they sound great for the price especially.  She thanked me a walked away, maybe she will hop online and end up on Head-Fi through a google search.  Who knows lol

Feb 10, 2012 at 8:55 AM Post #6,288 of 12,415
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_ZftrTodU0

DT770's if memory serves me correct.

Feb 10, 2012 at 10:58 AM Post #6,289 of 12,415
770 Monitors are what they look like to me. Good call. 

Not much on the train today. Some Bose triports, one newer sony noise cancelling and a bunch of skullcandy and ibuds. Remarkably low beats count today at least. 

Feb 10, 2012 at 12:08 PM Post #6,291 of 12,415
Originally, I only saw Beats and such around my high school (and still, that's mostly what I see) but lately I've been seeing more. This past week I've been seeing quite a few (3-4) AKG's. They're either K450's or K480's (K450's I hope)... In terms of earbuds all I see are V-Moda, Skullcandy, Beats, Bose, and Apple... Though I think I may have seen a pair of Etymotic's.

Feb 10, 2012 at 6:50 PM Post #6,293 of 12,415

Quote:
Originally, I only saw Beats and such around my high school (and still, that's mostly what I see) but lately I've been seeing more. This past week I've been seeing quite a few (3-4) AKG's. They're either K450's or K480's (K450's I hope)... In terms of earbuds all I see are V-Moda, Skullcandy, Beats, Bose, and Apple... Though I think I may have seen a pair of Etymotic's.

Most people around school have Beats nowadays it seems, or don't have them, and immediately go as far as insulting any non-Beats item.
That being said, I got a few strange looks around school for my new TF10's and a random guy on the street who I think was glad to see something non-Beats on a student or a proper IEM, because he was grinning after I ran by. Might've been the same person I saw with HD280's.

Funny part is though, between my TF10, a K240MKII in the language lab, and what looked like a VMODA M80, these are probably the best headphones in the entire high school. Well, Aviators too. That'll last until someone shows up with a K701 or something of the like one day.

Feb 11, 2012 at 7:49 AM Post #6,295 of 12,415
Saw a skater today on my way to a Japanese restaurant sporting some Shure SRH440's (or could have been 840's). I got all excited and had to tell my obviously uninterested girlfriend about them, and subsequently this thread :p

Feb 11, 2012 at 9:39 PM Post #6,296 of 12,415
Dr. Dre has infested my school. I pass at least 7 solos through out the day. 1 tour and 1 or 2 Pros (likely fakes)
One guy touting triports
Two different gentlemen blasting Sony XB500's arouund their necks walking the halls.
An mdr-150 in the back of class
My friend has the ie2s his dad gave him
It's all really depressing here. The only relief is the guy in the hall sporting Aviators.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back