Headphone Sightings 2
Dec 10, 2011 at 1:26 AM Post #5,687 of 12,415

Quote:
I've seen a few white Sony's here and there, don't know exactly which ones though. I saw a guy with XB500's, I kept staring REALLY hard at them trying to think of what model they were.

I try not to do that. People more or less know i'm a head fi'er and i don't ever want to give them the impression that their headphones are DA THANG, .....cuz their not. those white sony's i forgot what they were but im sure they are their outdoor line series, one of my friends rocks them...he's still a mad beginner though

Dec 10, 2011 at 3:25 AM Post #5,689 of 12,415
Been also seeing a lot of ZX100s lately, mostly on people who are like wanna-be cool though..

Quote:
saw someone with a HD600 box in the lab today, but sadly he never opened it... 

got my HD25-1 last month, my friend looked at the plastic and asked me if it was the cheapest headphone from Sennheiser...

Funny thing is.. they actually came bent in my box -_-. Ordered it off ebay new, but it got mis-seated and ended up bending the headband a bit (so the.. place where the cups go don't align when placed straight down). Just my OCD though :). Ordered it off ebay cause it was $32 off at the time ($168) compared to Amazon, but they finally started dropping..

Dec 10, 2011 at 5:23 AM Post #5,691 of 12,415
Not everyone who listens to music is an audiophile.

Not everyone who wear head/earphones cares about the quality of the recording.

Don't look down on people wearing earbuds. Elitist foo.  

Dec 10, 2011 at 5:27 AM Post #5,692 of 12,415

Quote:
Not everyone who listens to music is an audiophile.

Not everyone who wear head/earphones cares about the quality of the recording.

Don't look down on people wearing earbuds. Elitist foo.  

He was talking about custom coloured Beast from ColorWare thats depending on model is around $300 for the paint job itself.

http://www.colorware.com/p-257-beats-pro.aspx

Dec 10, 2011 at 5:37 AM Post #5,693 of 12,415

Quote:
He was talking about custom coloured Beast from ColorWare thats depending on model is around $300 for the paint job itself.

http://www.colorware.com/p-257-beats-pro.aspx

So what's the difference?

People spending $300 on DAPs still using the stock ear buds, people spending $300 to colour their Beats. Why does it even matter to you? Maybe they think of headphones as fashion accessories. Let them spend their money on what they want. What good comes about from ... abt those kids on head-fi?

Dec 10, 2011 at 5:54 AM Post #5,694 of 12,415

Quote:

So what's the difference?

People spending $300 on DAPs still using the stock ear buds, people spending $300 to colour their Beats. Why does it even matter to you? Maybe they think of headphones as fashion accessories. Let them spend their money on what they want. What good comes about from ... abt those kids on head-fi?

You mod bro? Whats up with the personal insults.. not to mention I was not the one saying anything about the subject, but correcting the price of the paint job? 

Heres a few links you may find useful:

1. Places for optometrist near Singapore

2. sedatives be sure to consult a doctor first.

Best of luck

Dec 10, 2011 at 6:12 AM Post #5,695 of 12,415
Not even mad.
Wasn't even insulting you.

brb looking for optometrists near Toronto ~

Now, what if Stax users came in here and started laughing at all the fools (me included) who use sub $1000 'phones? 
I can imagine him saying "I see these foos everyday wearing those ugly Shures and Sennheisers in school. Don't mind them brah, they're not audiophiles."

How about that?

Dec 10, 2011 at 6:29 AM Post #5,696 of 12,415

Quote:
Not even mad.
Wasn't even insulting you.

brb looking for optometrists near Toronto ~

Now, what if Stax users came in here and started laughing at all the fools (me included) who use sub $1000 'phones? 
I can imagine him saying "I see these foos everyday wearing those ugly Shures and Sennheisers in school. Don't mind them brah, they're not audiophiles."

How about that?

Apples'N'Oranges, using ibuds is perfectly fine - your satisfied them so be it. Investing 600 dollars on subpar at best headphones is more likely a fashion (status) statement rather than anything. Someone who can only afford inexpensive headphones, but goes into trouble of research and comparison in my eyes is pretty worthy of the audiophile title. It is not about the money, nor is it about bashing someone. You, my friend sound butthurt.

Edit: $650 + tax 

Dec 10, 2011 at 6:40 AM Post #5,697 of 12,415
Butthurt about what?

Why's wearing headphones as a fashion statement wrong?

rofl @ making Audiophile sounds like a coveted title.

Audiophiles worry more about their gear than enjoying music. 

brb listening to FLAC files on OEM Beats, keeps Ety, Senn and Grado stash at home.

brb getting "sighted" by head-fier on the train to school.

brb being called a noob on a forum.

brb jokes on them. 

brb watching barney make jokes about Robin's country of origins. 

Dec 10, 2011 at 2:14 PM Post #5,698 of 12,415

Quote:
I saw 3 colorware beats today. Makes me sad. 

Also one of my friends commented on my modded t50rps saying they look like they came out of a trashcan (he owns beats solos) and refused to listen to them. I was seriously getting infuriated lol. 

Funny thing is, I like the look of the Colorware Beats. As for his ignorance, remember, your ignorance is bliss.

Dec 10, 2011 at 5:52 PM Post #5,700 of 12,415
Quote:
Saw some kid rocking a pair of Samson CH700's
http://www.samsontech.com/samson/products/headphones/ch-series/ch700/
the first semi audiophile approved headphones i've EVER SEEN in public. yeah. my area is wack with the Beats Hype

Samson most famous for the SR850 on Head-fi for being very good AKG 240 copies at only $50 with free shipping.
Probably listening to some 192kbps MP3's though.

It's better than 128 Kbps. 
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Or YouTube ripped MP3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back