Headphone Sightings 2
Jun 21, 2011 at 9:48 PM Post #4,636 of 12,415
sony mdr zx700 at the mall.

Jun 21, 2011 at 11:24 PM Post #4,637 of 12,415
During a sight-seeing trip of Washington DC, I managed to count 30 ibuds in one day! It seems that every jogger uses them..except for one I saw wearing some of those Sennheiser Adidas buds with the thick greenish cords.
I also saw someone with cheap Behringer headphones at Starbucks. They are massive!

And finally, I had some headphone NOT sightings. I've been to two Apple Stores, and neither of them had any Shure headphones for sale let alone hooked up for sampling. 'Tis sad..=\

Jun 22, 2011 at 4:31 AM Post #4,638 of 12,415
This week, while going to work, I have seen a pair of Sennheiser HD25 1:II and what looked like Audio Technica ES7. I thought I was the only one in the Stockholm area with ATH ES7!

Jun 23, 2011 at 3:11 PM Post #4,639 of 12,415

Lol, yes, good point.  I hereby append my original post with a clear, solid "no homo."

Quote:
Lol.  This is like craigslist missed connections..but for head-fiers.

You were wearing B&W P5s.  You recabled them with twags, my favorite.  You looked at me, I looked at you, then you turned away.  Did you notice the portable rig in my pocket - or was I just happy to see you?

Jun 23, 2011 at 9:15 PM Post #4,641 of 12,415
On tuesday, I saw a guy on the Larkspur-San Francisco CA ferry (10:00 AM) with white Super.fi 5 EB's, and another guy near AT&T Park with black Ety HF2's.

Jun 24, 2011 at 5:58 PM Post #4,644 of 12,415
I'm horrible at identifying IEMs, but I encountered a guy at my local coffee shop with his ER-4 bunched up on the table in front of him, and I think they look pretty distinctive.  I asked him if they were indeed that model, and he said, "You ARE a geek."  As he got up to leave, he told me he loves his $80 Sennheiser full-size, tried to remember the model, but had to be on his way.

Since my last post here, I saw:
• a pedestrian wearing PortaPros by AT&T Park.  my first.
• a couple of ATH-M50 on the street (totalling, what, 4 now?)
• white Crossfades at the grocery store
• T.f10
• a few K 81 DJ, or else something like it, from afar
• PC360 (I think) at Philz
• other standard Senns, like HD 202 or something
• what looks to be some UE customs on The Voice
• something that looked in retrospect like it might have been a Superlux closed, in West Portal

Some others.  I don't remember things too well anymore, and I'm certainly not going to jot them down as I see them.  I mean, it would help, but really, who wants to do that?

Oh and I saw some headphones that aren't out yet.  I was intrigued.  Unfortunately, I don't know if I'm allowed to talk about them.  I've been checking the discussion forums here occasionally to see when the seal gets broken.  In any case, I haven't heard them.  Saw them,  held them, wanted to try them, didn't have time.  Thinking back, I should have asked.

Jun 25, 2011 at 2:44 PM Post #4,646 of 12,415
During last month: K-518 (1x green, 1x light blue), Koss TD85 black, UR29, Skullcandy Hesh (black/green), Beats Solo black.
Business trip to Bruxelles: HD 25 (1x airport Vienna, 1x Bruxelles), HD 238, MDR Z1000, Beats Solo (1x black airport Vienna, 1x white Bruxelles) and 3 girls with WESC of different colours.

Jun 26, 2011 at 9:22 PM Post #4,647 of 12,415
I've seen every kind of cheap/generic IEM known to man around school, and literally the only pair of headphones I've ever seen that aren't Sony V150's are A few pairs of Beats and A couple different kinds of Skull Candies

Jun 26, 2011 at 9:56 PM Post #4,649 of 12,415
there are a bunch (almost every one i know) of people at school wearing...*gag* studio beats...... better than ibuds... atleast they spent money in SEARCH of better sound... and there was one guy at the mall with senn 202's. i've introduced a few of my friends to the portapros.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back