Headphone Sightings 2
Mar 3, 2011 at 1:00 AM Post #3,841 of 12,415
Finally saw some guy with a westone 3, the w3 looks hella small on that guy since he's huge lol. 

And as always beats everywhere in a university campus. 

Mar 3, 2011 at 1:39 AM Post #3,842 of 12,415

Quote:
I've seen at least a dozen Bose, mostly on the Chinese and South-west Asian students.  I saw a pair of $300 Beats on this short black guy and just died a little inside.
I actually introduced my M50s to a fellow Infected Mushroom fan who had a case of Bose.  He paid the same for his Bose that I did for my M50s.

Now that is a post that got me today. Sadly my day is ending lol.
Its not just a sighting, its sharing! We should all do that, not just discuss how you feel "inside" when you see some poor fellow listening to a set of $300 cans that sound like crap.

Mar 3, 2011 at 1:51 AM Post #3,843 of 12,415
I see kids everywhere with bose and beats. My roommate loves my sr125i's though. Can't wait to show him the woodie shells once they get here

Mar 3, 2011 at 10:56 AM Post #3,849 of 12,415
How are you people seeing PortaPros out in the wild?  I'm pretty sure I haven't seen a pair in public in this century, and that's not for a lack of exposure.

I'm starting to want to buy a pair just to be that guy who has them when I'm out.  (In other news, I am still wrestling with the fit of my KSC75s that I bought this year.)

Mar 3, 2011 at 11:02 AM Post #3,850 of 12,415
The PortaPro consists of like 70% of the headphone sighting you will see in Finland. At times you might see 3 - 4 of them in the same bus.

Mar 3, 2011 at 2:09 PM Post #3,851 of 12,415
Quote:
The PortaPro consists of like 70% of the headphone sighting you will see in Finland. At times you might see 3 - 4 of them in the same bus.

Same goes for Norway. Actually never seen Beats outside of stores. Bose is a different story though, certain store chains sort Bose in their own category, and all other IEM/headphone brands under MP3 player accessories... 

Saw (and heard, of course) a Portapro on a nearly empty bus too. What idiot thought that it was a good idea to make open headphones smaller than the HD800? Yes, there are closed cans that leak too, but you'll never hear them from the opposite side of the bus, no matter how deaf the listener is.

Mar 3, 2011 at 2:13 PM Post #3,852 of 12,415
Actually saw some monster turbines today on the bus among the hordes of XB500's and beats. I haven't seen  anyone wear a pair of headphones you can't buy a Best Buy in a while, though.

Mar 3, 2011 at 5:07 PM Post #3,854 of 12,415
Quote:
Assuming you're not being sarcastic, that's $32 for 200 pairs of earplugs, so the price comes out to be $0.16 per pair, which is a helluva lot cheaper than what I normally see at concerts (typically $1 or $2). Though, why you'd buy earplugs at a metal concert, I'll never know...

-- Griffinhart

If you want to be able to enjoy a wider spectrum of sounds when you're older, then you'll wear ear plugs to live shows (especially metal).

You just don't need to put them in all the way
biggrin.gif

Mar 3, 2011 at 5:55 PM Post #3,855 of 12,415
Keep forgetting to mention I saw my first pair of fake Beats Solo yesterday.  They had this horribly pinkish red metallic finish that just screamed "swap meet approximation."  The accused pushed by on his (perhaps fake) Razor scooter wearing his tacky headphones while I stood there and watched him like a confused and repulsed owl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back