Headphone Sightings 2
Feb 18, 2011 at 1:02 AM Post #3,662 of 12,415
A lot of people wear walking around with the Beats Solo's -_-. Except my friend who was using his MTPC's 
wink.gif
. A little story from today; I sold my HJE900's yesterday, so today I wore my AH-D1001K's to school. I had a ton of people, people I don't normally talk to mind you, come up to me to try them out! 
biggrin.gif
. Then I had a couple others who asked me why I didn't get the Beats instead...

Feb 18, 2011 at 1:05 AM Post #3,663 of 12,415
I wore my HD25's around college almost all day but no one really gave them any thought and rarely a glance.  Guess there's no Head-Fiers at my school. 
frown.gif

Just saw lots and lots and lots of iBuds...

Feb 18, 2011 at 2:44 AM Post #3,664 of 12,415
Going to work this morning: 3 Porta Pro and 1 AKG K518DJ (with short cable, probably a self-mod!). This is not counting the iBuds and other buds and iEM's (can be too difficult to identify, so I stick to headphones).

Feb 18, 2011 at 1:14 PM Post #3,668 of 12,415

Quote:
A female professor at my university is rocking the T1's while she's at the organic chemistry lab. Too bad I'm an analytical chemist.... oil and water. dammit.

opposites attract

Feb 18, 2011 at 1:18 PM Post #3,669 of 12,415
I just saw a pair of Grados with bowls (probably 225s) in the dining hall when I was eating lunch. He was wearing them around his neck, and I kinda gestured to show that they were awesome, but I think that he just thought that I was insane.

Feb 18, 2011 at 1:51 PM Post #3,670 of 12,415

Quote:
I just saw a pair of Grados with bowls (probably 225s) in the dining hall when I was eating lunch. He was wearing them around his neck, and I kinda gestured to show that they were awesome, but I think that he just thought that I was insane.

Haha, that's usually how it goes >__>

Feb 18, 2011 at 4:02 PM Post #3,671 of 12,415
I saw the absolute limit yesterday. When entering the Undergraduate Library I passed a fellow who had his hood up and a pair of Beats over the hood, with the material between the cups and his ears. That's one way to filter a nasty treble spike, I guess (says the guy who has TP stuck under the pads of his SRH440), but really, this one takes the cake for me.

Feb 18, 2011 at 5:20 PM Post #3,673 of 12,415

Quote:
I saw the absolute limit yesterday. When entering the Undergraduate Library I passed a fellow who had his hood up and a pair of Beats over the hood, with the material between the cups and his ears. That's one way to filter a nasty treble spike, I guess (says the guy who has TP stuck under the pads of his SRH440), but really, this one takes the cake for me.

That doesn't come as a suprise to me though, I always saw Beats more like a fashion/"status" statement especially for kids (high school mainly) similar to this "watches" hobby, people can spend enormous amount money on watches despite the basic function for a watch you could get for like $1. So the most important thing for him is that other people will see his Beats, why would he hide them under the hood? :p Some products just form some undeserved "status" feel about it and if one cool guy says it's the thing to have whatever the sound quality would be, people will get it to belong to the "cool" guys. Monster exploit this with help of smart advertising. Other companies again focus on pure sound quality and no advertising and let the products speak for themselves.

It's sad it has to be this way though and see people actually fall for this crap and spend $300 for something worth perhaps $50 from a sound quality perspective. Doesn't make the matter easier when many sports celebrities wear them in different competitions (prolly a sponsored/advertising case).

I must say in Finland I haven't even seen a Beats headphone out in the public yet (maybe people are smarter here :p) but Porta Pro seems to be the thing to have around here and even young chicks seem to dig it which is nice to see as Porta Pro are very good for the money. :p I've seen a lot of Scullcandies though unfortunately and not only boys wearing them but Porta Pro is by far the most common sight here, once or twice I've seen like 3 - 4 people wearing them in the same bus I was on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back