Headphone Sightings 2
Nov 16, 2008 at 3:42 PM Post #1,171 of 12,415
My 5 year old son saw a middle aged man (his dad) wearing (i.e. checking) just-repaired HD650s in the playground yesterday
wink.gif

It won't happen again... bad etiquette to wear open back in public... but Xtina sounded surprisingly good with little background noise intruding and only a few weird looks from other parents.

James

Nov 16, 2008 at 6:03 PM Post #1,173 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hunted Charlie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I saw a pair of Grado SR-125 headphones on the head of somebody in my high school library today! I ran up to the guy to take a picture and talk to him, and he stared at me. Figuring he must be a Head-Fi member, I said something along the lines of "Head-Fi! Head-Fi! It's OK!". He kept staring at me, so I then proceeded to run away.
frown.gif
Guess he wasn't a Head-Fier.

Bet he is a head-fi'er and just wasn't sure if the guy in front of him is really there or if the head-fi bug bit to strong...

Nov 16, 2008 at 7:39 PM Post #1,174 of 12,415
I am a college student at U of Florida and I saw someone doing squats with iGrados the other night. I know that because I asked him afterwards what they were.

"One of my friends told me to get these." If you go to UF, send me a message!

Nov 16, 2008 at 7:56 PM Post #1,176 of 12,415
Bose Triport, Senn PX100 or PX200; I can't tell, Sony MDR V6 I think it's called, a couple of Skullcandy headphones at my high school in LA.

I have to say, the Skullcandy look pretty cool.
Check this out though - my friend's dad makes the Skullcandy headphones!
I ought to get some discounted
tongue.gif
They don't sound that bad.

Nov 16, 2008 at 8:03 PM Post #1,177 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by hear_the_sound /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have to say, the Skullcandy look pretty cool.
tongue.gif

biggrin.gif

Get your friend's dad to convince Skullcandy to become a head-fi sponsor. I wonder how Jude would respond to that
wink.gif

Nov 16, 2008 at 8:24 PM Post #1,178 of 12,415
Other day I saw a guy in the street using a PortaPro. That's the best I've ever seen...
tongue.gif

Nov 16, 2008 at 10:51 PM Post #1,181 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by hear_the_sound /img/forum/go_quote.gif
tongue.gif

Tell your friend's dad about Head-Fi. The Skullcandy brand is not a lost cause, it can be saved. The earphones don't sound that bad, but things like the fart cannon "extra bass" headphone should be discontinued.

Nov 17, 2008 at 12:19 AM Post #1,182 of 12,415
If anyone sees some fool roaming NYC with esw10s and an sr-71 rubber-banded to a steampunk ipod, say hello to me!!

Nov 17, 2008 at 12:35 AM Post #1,183 of 12,415
I was a little disturbed by my sighting today, because I don't think that the guy had any idea what was going on with his phones. He was wearing K701s hooked straight into an ipod NANO?!
eek.gif
Walking down a busy street in the middle of New Haven. What? Sadly, I couldn't stop and comment (and sneakily find out wether he had an adequate amp and source for them) because I was really late to a meeting already.

I only hope that he can get more out of the 701s than that, but I'm not optimistic.

Nov 17, 2008 at 1:20 AM Post #1,184 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin47 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was a little disturbed by my sighting today, because I don't think that the guy had any idea what was going on with his phones. He was wearing K701s hooked straight into an ipod NANO?!
eek.gif
Walking down a busy street in the middle of New Haven. What? Sadly, I couldn't stop and comment (and sneakily find out wether he had an adequate amp and source for them) because I was really late to a meeting already.

I only hope that he can get more out of the 701s than that, but I'm not optimistic.

I have done something similar. maybe he got the 701s and sold his old headphones. sometimes you just dont want to carry the amp, and when you only have one pair of headphones...

Nov 17, 2008 at 2:28 AM Post #1,185 of 12,415
I was cruising NYC last week sampling a pair of Ultrasones HFI780's.
I got a lot of looks- but I am starting to see more NYC walkers wearing large phones.

I was in paris a few weeks ago and i was amazed at how many people there cruise around wearing Koss Portapros.
I counted at least 6 maybe 7.
It was just weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back