Headphone Sightings 2
Jun 7, 2008 at 3:15 AM Post #991 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by vYu223 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some kid at my high school wears blue marshmallows all the time. Somehow, with it paired with his glasses, he makes them look... unstylish.

I dont live in California but I wear glasses and blue marshmallows, but I go by the theory that I really dont give a damn what other people think about me. I was looking for black marshmallows instead of blue but they didnt have them where I bought them

I will likely replace them with a black er6i soon anyway.

Jun 11, 2008 at 1:35 PM Post #993 of 12,415
on the way to London saw someone wearing a pair of customs, could not really see which ones though. an pretty sure it was for music, with the way he changed the songs on his D2 and all.

Jun 17, 2008 at 6:20 AM Post #994 of 12,415
Since almost everybody owns porta pros here, I wanted to buy something else. White px100 looked reasonable, but today I saw a girl with them! I guess I should think about PMX100 now or even HD25-1 II

Jun 17, 2008 at 6:25 AM Post #995 of 12,415
I saw some Japanese music video with the singer wearing some K701s throughout. During the video strawberry jam gets dumped all over him. Later on, they show jam being dumped all over another set of AKG's but I am not sure what model it was. I guess the K701s were too nice to ruin!

Jun 17, 2008 at 6:35 AM Post #996 of 12,415
At my prep school, there is the mandatory sea of iBuds, and out of everyone else, 25% have some sort of Bose, and another 20% have Skull Candies - I'm all alone, with my various IEM's and a soon to be set of ES7s... only other nice pair are a set of ER 6is, but seeing as they belong to my girlfriend and I bought them for her, I'm not sure if that counts...

I'm known as the audio geek at school: One day, I was sitting with my girlfriend, when one girl addressed me as such "Hey, audio geek dude - can you fix my iPod?" I tried to politely correct her as i reached for the iPod: "I think you mean audiophile, and yes, I'll try" "PERVERT" she stammered as she pulled her iPod away and took off...

My girlfriend and I nearly died of laughter...

Jun 17, 2008 at 6:39 AM Post #997 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gu Sensei /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I saw some Japanese music video with the singer wearing some K701s throughout. During the video strawberry jam gets dumped all over him. Later on, they show jam being dumped all over another set of AKG's but I am not sure what model it was. I guess the K701s were too nice to ruin!

which aritst/song was this? i'm curious.
confused.gif

Jun 17, 2008 at 9:46 AM Post #999 of 12,415
The CEO wears Bose QC2, I'm trying to NEVER talk to him about audio, it's hard when he is 10m away and I have an AlienDAC + CKK-III on my desk and I'm listening to recabled Proline750.
rolleyes.gif

My team lead uses livewires.

Also saw a pair of customs at Real Food Company, couldn't tell what they were, but they looked funky.

Jun 17, 2008 at 1:00 PM Post #1,001 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by dcpoor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
which aritst/song was this? i'm curious.
confused.gif

The artist is Suga Shikao with the song Nobody Knows. Here is a link with some pictures. I found a YouTube link but the video was removed. I guess it was the K530s that got 'jammed' at the end.

Jun 17, 2008 at 5:36 PM Post #1,003 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gu Sensei /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The artist is Suga Shikao with the song Nobody Knows. Here is a link with some pictures. I found a YouTube link but the video was removed. I guess it was the K530s that got 'jammed' at the end.

ah, thanks. found a link

edit: oh sweet, i just noticed perfume wearing rp-htx7's
biggrin.gif

Jun 17, 2008 at 6:53 PM Post #1,004 of 12,415
I have never seen any decent headphones at my school. Pretty much everyone uses the stock ipod ear buds or, even worse, skull candy ear buds!

Jun 17, 2008 at 6:58 PM Post #1,005 of 12,415
Low to mid-range Shures seem to be gaining in popularity here.

I've also recently had a customer at work with some SF5Ps. The same day I convinced a few people not to buy Skullcandy headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back