Headphone Sightings 2
May 3, 2015 at 3:58 PM Post #11,986 of 12,415
Originally Posted by skerry2006aj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But i am really wondering what is up with so many sony headphones.

Sony headphones are commonly sold in stores, thus consumers actually know that they exist. Good thing they sound nice.

Originally Posted by thatBeatsguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The X2 is all-black, from the leather to the mesh to the actual housings. The X1 IIRC has a white ring on the earcup, and has a brown leather headband. EDIT: Wait, a YouTuber? Coudl it be JackSepticEye, by any chance? If so, that's an X1.

Ooh, thanks for the details. Now I can tell the difference! And yes, that's him. I just happened upon one of his videos!

Originally Posted by snowlune /img/forum/go_quote.gif
beats beats monster beats beats beats beats beats monster beats beats monster beats beats beats M50 beats beats beats beats monster beats HD202 beats beats M50

Wait, slow down. Let me get this straight. You saw some beats?! WHOA! Next thing you know, you'll see an ibud. Psh, as if.
All-in-all, your sightings reflect my own, as well as everyone else's on the planet, hahaha. I bet they even have beats on other planets.

May 3, 2015 at 4:01 PM Post #11,987 of 12,415
  Sony headphones are commonly sold in stores, thus consumers actually know that they exist. Good thing they sound nice.

Ooh, thanks for the details. Now I can tell the difference! And yes, that's him. I just happened upon one of his videos!

Wait, slow down. Let me get this straight. You saw some beats?! WHOA! Next thing you know, you'll see an ibud. Psh, as if.
All-in-all, your sightings reflect my own, as well as everyone else's on the planet, hahaha. I bet they even have beats on other planets.

They sound quite nice for the price, but i am puzzled by their popularity, they are not up for testing, and i do not understand how so many people (8 out of 10 headphones are sony) know of them. I mean, i can see only 2 different models being very popular, cheap models, but more exepnsive than your average a4tech, or so headphones.

Their sound is quite good, for the price i am not sure if you can fiind better, they usually go for cheaper than a sennheiser hd201.

May 3, 2015 at 4:43 PM Post #11,988 of 12,415
Originally Posted by skerry2006aj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
. . .i do not understand how so many people (8 out of 10 headphones are sony) know of them.

I'm going to do some research as a consumer. And by that, I mean I'll go to Best Buy's website and look at their headphone section. Ah-ha, what do you know. The first headphone I see is a $20 Sony!
Now how about Walmart? Hmm..Monster...Beats by Dr. Dre(MD)...SONY!
You may not see advertisements for Sony, but they are definitely putting some work into public relations. They're doing it by having their products featured prominently on retail websites. Clever company..
ph34r.gif

May 3, 2015 at 6:23 PM Post #11,989 of 12,415

Other planets, you say? I have a feeling that on an alien planet, there'd be a lot more.... monsters

(ba dum tss)

May 3, 2015 at 7:11 PM Post #11,991 of 12,415
I spotted a headphone reference in literature that caught me by surprise. I thought I'd share it here.

I was audio-reading a novel by sci-fi author Philip K Dick called VALIS (1981), and heard this passage:

"One time, when he’d been especially depressed, Kevin had brought over an album which he, Kevin, assured him, Fat, would cheer him up. Fat had to put on his electrostatic Stax headphones and really crank it up."

May 3, 2015 at 7:45 PM Post #11,992 of 12,415
Originally Posted by amjams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was audio-reading a novel by sci-fi author Philip K Dick called VALIS (1981), and heard this passage: ". . .Fat had to put on his electrostatic Stax headphones and really crank it up."

Whoa. Stax are the headphones of the future! Wait. The book takes place in the future, right?
This is more than a headphone sighting. It's a headphone..hearing! Were you listening to the book using Stax?

May 4, 2015 at 3:34 AM Post #11,993 of 12,415
Love PKD, haven't read VALIS though.
beerchug.gif

I've been seeing a ton of Panasonic compared to Sony budget earphones lately, especially 125s and 450s. Have some old HJE 120s myself (durable, comfortable,  decent sound for 7 dollars).  Not sure why the seeming increased presence- maybe it's just some unconscious bias to notice (the way you always want to say "nice shoes" to someone wearing the same as you)-  maybe the colors, strong amazon ratings or they appeared on one of those "Best _____" websites? I can see why people would be relatively happy with them, though, especially for kicking about.

May 4, 2015 at 9:30 AM Post #11,994 of 12,415
  Whoa. Stax are the headphones of the future! Wait. The book takes place in the future, right?

Although there's a ton of back and forth "time-travel" in the novel, I believe the Stax reference occurred in the novel's present-time.

Quote:

This is more than a headphone sighting. It's a headphone..hearing! Were you listening to the book using Stax?

Lol, I wish. That would have been awesome.   It was a Vsonic IEM :p

Love PKD, haven't read VALIS though. 
beerchug.gif

It's alot less readable/friendly than his more popular stuff.  That's why I'm listening to it, rather than reading it.   Another way to use my headphones, I guess.

May 10, 2015 at 11:14 PM Post #11,995 of 12,415
Not really saw a headphone, met someone who also visit here while I'm doing cashier.
if you are reading this, greeting over the internet. Seems like their server overheat which cause the problem.

May 14, 2015 at 5:43 AM Post #11,998 of 12,415
I'm less surprised by the stock earbuds than the fact that there exist 'hi-fi' earbuds. Wouldn't mind trying some by Yuin or Dunu out of sheer curiosity, if I can ever recover from the physical pain inflicted by Game Boy and iPod buds of old. What about those Final Audio "earspeakers" like in-ears without tips? do those technically count as earbuds?

Did see some colorful CIEMs in the wild today, though it was near a music venue so maybe just a roadie on the loose... idk if that counts as a Sighting.

May 14, 2015 at 6:46 AM Post #11,999 of 12,415
  I'm less surprised by the stock earbuds than the fact that there exist 'hi-fi' earbuds. Wouldn't mind trying some by Yuin or Dunu out of sheer curiosity, if I can ever recover from the physical pain inflicted by Game Boy and iPod buds of old. What about those Final Audio "earspeakers" like in-ears without tips? do those technically count as earbuds?

Did see some colorful CIEMs in the wild today, though it was near a music venue so maybe just a roadie on the loose... idk if that counts as a Sighting.

I jumped on the Baldoor E100 hype train a few days back just out of curiosity. Apparently they're the next great thing in the earbuds world so I just had to see what all the hype was about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back