Headphone Sightings 2
Aug 15, 2012 at 10:47 AM Post #6,916 of 12,415
Quote:

I wear Sennheiser PX90's when I am out walking (used to use Portapros too) and I have to fight the urge to crank the tunes to drown out everything....if there's too much traffic noise, I'll just pause my tunes. But I won't use an isolating design in those circumstances either....I've been hit by cars twice without headphones on, so I'm not taking any chances....lol.

yea, anyways living here in Virginia Beach is actually quieter outside than it is in New York or other places. As here Driving is more practical than walking.

But i dont wear my Headphones outside while walking or even Running on a treadmill.
I wear them in peace and comfort, no matter how loud my surroundings are.
as i ONLY and MOSTLY do wear them when im sitting at home, in a bus, train, or long car ride.

the only loudest ambient noise i would hear would be in a School Bus. and i dont crank my volume loud enough, only enough so i can hear myself talking. and i dont crank it louder so i can hear every aspect of noise either.

Aug 15, 2012 at 10:48 AM Post #6,917 of 12,415
Quote:
yea, anyways living here in Virginia Beach is actually quieter outside than it is in New York or other places. As here Driving is more practical than walking.

But i dont wear my Headphones outside while walking or even Running on a treadmill.
I wear them in peace and comfort, no matter how loud my surroundings are.
as i ONLY and MOSTLY do wear them when im sitting at home, in a bus, train, or long car ride.

the only loudest ambient noise i would hear would be in a School Bus. and i dont crank my volume loud enough, only enough so i can hear myself talking. and i dont crank it louder so i can hear every aspect of noise either.

Plus, i dont even wear them when i Bike either, Not only is it illegal to bike with Headphones/Earphones on. I myself dont find it practical to wear em

Aug 15, 2012 at 11:13 AM Post #6,918 of 12,415
Say hello to tinnitus then. They don't isolate at all, which means you'll crank the volume to drown out background noise. And since they can play incredibly loud without distorting, next thing you know you'll be deaf. 
Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed my SR60i's very much, but they are a use-at-home headphone.:L3000:

I wear my HD800 in public and don't have to crank them up too loud to drown out city noises. Of course it's louder than it would be with my IEMs but c'est la vie.

O.O
Plus, i dont even wear them when i Bike either, Not only is it illegal to bike with Headphones/Earphones on. I myself dont find it practical to wear em

It's illegal?
I bike to work everyday with no helmet and my shure earbuds >.<

Aug 15, 2012 at 11:28 AM Post #6,919 of 12,415
Quote:
I wear my HD800 in public and don't have to crank them up too loud to drown out city noises. Of course it's louder than it would be with my IEMs but c'est la vie.
O.O
It's illegal?
I bike to work everyday with no helmet and my shure earbuds >.<

well, its illegal to wear Headphones or Earphones on while Driving and Biking. even if its on 1 ear.
But it depends on your area, like Thats how it goes in Va beach.

Although in Va Beach, wearing a helmet is optional while biking, same with riding it on a Sidewalk.

Aug 15, 2012 at 11:30 AM Post #6,920 of 12,415
well, its illegal to wear Headphones or Earphones on while Driving and Biking. even if its on 1 ear.
But it depends on your area, like Thats how it goes in Va beach.

Although in Va Beach, wearing a helmet is optional while biking, same with riding it on a Sidewalk.

Hmm. I live in Canada but thanks for the heads up. I should look into it.
I'm almost certain wearing a helmet here is mandatory but the police have never stopped me over it. I stay on the bike path and I'm able to go the entire way to work without even touching the handle bars.

Aug 15, 2012 at 11:42 AM Post #6,921 of 12,415
Quote:
I'm almost certain wearing a helmet here is mandatory but the police have never stopped me over it. I stay on the bike path and I'm able to go the entire way to work without even touching the handle bars.

yea kinda like that, I myself already know why i shouldnt wear headphones while biking.
Its not because its potentially dangerous. but I dont find myself being comfortable wearing while headphones. I always wear them when im Relaxing, or sitting in peace.
plus, Im not one to wear Headphones around my neck anymore Except if they have Swiveling cups.

but on to topic, The Govs think its potentially unsafe to wear headphones on while biking or driving, because The lack of ambient noise one can hear while wearing them Might not be able to hear emergency noises like Carhorns. Plus if you get hurt or Hit while wearing headphones. Its all on you because you probably didnt hear it coming

Aug 15, 2012 at 1:55 PM Post #6,922 of 12,415
Quote:

Wearing a helmat here in Canada is mandatory under the age of 18 (but never enforced, at the most you get a warning) and entirely optional for adults, even when riding a bicycle on the road. I'm not sure about wearing headphones, but my guess is if you're on a sidewalk or bike path nobody is going to pull you over and tell you to take them off.  

Aug 15, 2012 at 2:40 PM Post #6,923 of 12,415
Wearing a helmat here in Canada is mandatory under the age of 18 (but never enforced, at the most you get a warning) and entirely optional for adults, even when riding a bicycle on the road. I'm not sure about wearing headphones, but my guess is if you're on a sidewalk or bike path nobody is going to pull you over and tell you to take them off.  

I wear my shure earbuds when biking and usually stay on the bike path/side walk whenever possible.
Anyway, thanks for the info.

Aug 16, 2012 at 12:05 PM Post #6,924 of 12,415
I have not seen anything but bose or beats or skullcandy or sony (sony is more than acceptible). I'm a high school head fier but due to ignorance being so intense I decided to get beats pro so that I won't get bashed for not having them.

Aug 16, 2012 at 12:38 PM Post #6,925 of 12,415
Quote:
I have not seen anything but bose or beats or skullcandy or sony (sony is more than acceptible). I'm a high school head fier but due to ignorance being so intense I decided to get beats pro so that I won't get bashed for not having them.

Sometimes I find the mob-mentality quite sickening. Are we still living among savages?

Aug 16, 2012 at 12:59 PM Post #6,926 of 12,415
Quote:

I really hope you didn't pay more than $200 for them. But, that's peer pressure to a anti-audiophile level and unfortunately, you gave in.

Aug 16, 2012 at 3:08 PM Post #6,930 of 12,415
I remember once I was on a plane to London, and I saw a lady( mid 50's) Wearing a pair of Grados. I thought it was bizarre because I knew that they do not isolate well.. I thought it was cool though. On airplanes you usually see Beats or Bose because of the noise cancelling feature..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back