Headphone Sightings 2
Mar 23, 2007 at 6:33 PM Post #391 of 12,415
Spotted er6 the other day after class at Stony Brook and then this morning got on the bus with a guy listening to E3cs.

Mar 23, 2007 at 7:10 PM Post #393 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by JSTpt1022 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Spotted er6 the other day after class at Stony Brook and then this morning got on the bus with a guy listening to E3cs.

Ah, I graduated from Stony Brook last Spring, but still visit some friends here and there. We should meet up next time and listen to some tunes. =T

Mar 24, 2007 at 11:06 PM Post #397 of 12,415
Here, on the University of Toronto campus, I quite often see people wearing the mini-headphones like Sennheiser PX100s, sometimes Koss PortaPros. As for canal buds/IEMs, I have seen Senn CX300 users a few times, a guy wearing some Shure e3cs in the library once, another dude wearing what looked like Shure e4cs to me in a cafeteria, and a girl wearing Shure e2cs at a bus stop. Many people around UofT also wear Panasonic RPHJE50s, but I have seen only one or two people wearing the popular Sony ex51/71 though. As for full size cans, I have seen some dude once wearing some Senn HD515s and recently another guy listening to a pair of HD555s from a computer in a library. I've also noticed that MANY people are wearing Panasonic RP-HG20 closed cans, and I have heard they are actually quite good for their low price. Oh yeah... totally forgot... I see this one guy in my philosophy class wearing what look like Senn HD500s, or HD590s maybe.

Personally, on the go I currently use my UE super.fi 3s (mostly), 5Pros (sometimes, because I am too afraid of breaking them), or Senn CX300s (when I am listening to some music that's very heavy on bass, like trance, dance, hip-hop and rap, otherwise I like super.fis better for their superior isolation and smoother, more 'natural' sound and wider soundstage). I used to wear my Senn HD202s in the winter as well, but they were to bulky and are now also too hot to wear since the weather is getting warm. And yeah... I've also worn my HD555s a few times as well, but got so many wierd looks from people though that I stopped. Sometimes I actually didn't see anybody giving me any looks, but felt as though people were staring at me from every direction... a very uncomfortable feeling.

Mar 25, 2007 at 12:57 AM Post #399 of 12,415
All I've seen are iBuds, Sony EX51/71s, and two pairs of Koss KSC-75s. One of the people that used to use the Koss KSC-75 reverted to iBuds.. the other just stopped listening to music or something.

Besides these, there are tons of nondescript Sony headphones. Usually, most of them are open and have their volume cranked way up.. I just laugh.

Mar 25, 2007 at 1:51 AM Post #400 of 12,415
Saw a guy wearing SR80 with his Nano iPod, yer I should know, cause I just sold it to him !

Mar 25, 2007 at 3:05 AM Post #401 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pianist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here, on the University of Toronto campus, I quite often see people wearing the mini-headphones like Sennheiser PX100s, sometimes Koss PortaPros. As for canal buds/IEMs, I have seen Senn CX300 users a few times, a guy wearing some Shure e3cs in the library once, another dude wearing what looked like Shure e4cs to me in a cafeteria, and a girl wearing Shure e2cs at a bus stop. Many people around UofT also wear Panasonic RPHJE50s, but I have seen only one or two people wearing the popular Sony ex51/71 though. As for full size cans, I have seen some dude once wearing some Senn HD515s and recently another guy listening to a pair of HD555s from a computer in a library. I've also noticed that MANY people are wearing Panasonic RP-HG20 closed cans, and I have heard they are actually quite good for their low price. Oh yeah... totally forgot... I see this one guy in my philosophy class wearing what look like Senn HD500s, or HD590s maybe.

Personally, on the go I currently use my UE super.fi 3s (mostly), 5Pros (sometimes, because I am too afraid of breaking them), or Senn CX300s (when I am listening to some music that's very heavy on bass, like trance, dance, hip-hop and rap, otherwise I like super.fis better for their superior isolation and smoother, more 'natural' sound and wider soundstage). I used to wear my Senn HD202s in the winter as well, but they were to bulky and are now also too hot to wear since the weather is getting warm. And yeah... I've also worn my HD555s a few times as well, but got so many wierd looks from people though that I stopped. Sometimes I actually didn't see anybody giving me any looks, but felt as though people were staring at me from every direction... a very uncomfortable feeling.

glad to see some canadian university student representation. at york, i have seen some good headphones, mostly to the tune of low end grado, senn and triports, but there seem to be a growing number of iems. however, the white cable of the ipod phones are very popular of course, oh yes mdr6 is quite the budding phone as well.

you would not happen to own dt660 or 880 would you? i still want to know who i was at downsview station toronto i saw yesterday with some dt___ on... bloody amazing.

Mar 25, 2007 at 8:09 AM Post #402 of 12,415
At my school, UC San Diego, I have seen Sr60s Sr125, SR225s and some Senn HD6X0 (hard to tell which one it was, since I didnt really know the slight cosmetic differences between them). I have been known to rock my SR60s coming from my ipod shuffle (which is a ridiculous combination IMO, since the Grado cable is about as thick as the my whole source), but now I have switched to the KSC75s for my mobile enjoyment.

Mar 25, 2007 at 8:20 AM Post #403 of 12,415
Saw someone wearing E2C's the other day.

Mar 25, 2007 at 11:50 AM Post #404 of 12,415
was in the airport over summer in 2006, was going to berlin for holiday
and waiting to check in, i saw a guy with AKG K27i phones
i was gonna say "nice phones" but i doubt he would've heard me
then i would've looked liek a ****
lol
also, at the tiem i was considering getting some of them
on the plane i had my senn CX300s but didnt see anything else special
at school i see about a billion ibuds
eww
i cant stand them
the other day a kid was like "hey you have the CX300s yeh?" so i was like "yeah" and he's like "i just got some, they're awesome"
he needed a bit of help getting the right fit
but he loves em now
i just cant see how people can listen to ibuds
i use some cheap sony's atm around school, cos a lot of phones and mp3 players have been being stolen lately
they sound pretty decent and they're cheap, ++ i found them, didnt pay
tongue.gif

so im not bothered if they get nicked
usually i would use my senn cx300s

Mar 25, 2007 at 11:55 AM Post #405 of 12,415
Quote:

Originally Posted by nrwilk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When grabbing my checked-in luggage after a flight last week, I saw a kid who I estimate was ~18 wearing some cans that I could not identify.

I bet someone here knows what they are, though.

They were ALL white. The headband, and the connectors that hold the cups were very thick and bulky. Just above each cup, they had a large swivel mechanism which looked just like the ones on the Ultrasone Proline cans, only bigger. They were obviously modernly stylized, and the guy was obviously proud of them. He saw me checking them out, but oh well.

I think they MAY have been Skullcandy cans, but when I look at the skullcandies, it just doesn't seem that they are the same thing. The cups on these cans seem bigger than the ones on the skullcandies. But, this may be just my imagination playing tricks on me.

Any idea what they were?

sounds to me like AKG K27i,
i saw some in the airport recently
im pretty sure those are what you talking bout
http://www.akg.com/site/products/pow...nguage,EN.html
let me know
-fergie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back