Headphone girls, interesting
Mar 21, 2011 at 9:54 PM Post #46 of 1,453
Stay very far away from dolls (dollfie and the like), they make my O2's look cheap in comparison, seriously.
It's like the 'high-end' for anime figurine lovers.

Worry not though, because as long as they still look creepy to you, you're safe =P.

Mar 21, 2011 at 10:11 PM Post #47 of 1,453
Quote:
Stay very far away from dolls (dollfie and the like), they make my O2's look cheap in comparison, seriously.
It's like the 'high-end' for anime figurine lovers.

Worry not though, because as long as they still look creepy to you, you're safe =P.

I never really thought they looked to creepy, but then again I'd never never actually use them for their actual intended use.  For example, the first time I saw a picture of a Realdoll the first thing I thought was that it would be awesome to put a Terminator-style endo-skeleton into several and use them as security robots to patrol my future mansion/hidden lair/batcave.

Those lifesize anime dolls would be perfect for modeling my future collection of ancient and medieval weaponry and armor in the museum wing of the above structure.

Mar 21, 2011 at 10:37 PM Post #48 of 1,453
I love how this thread totally gone off topic and the amount of random rant on anime just pops out of no where.

Mar 21, 2011 at 10:41 PM Post #49 of 1,453

Quote:
Huge animu and headphone guy here. :D

Those are the two biggest loves for me, actually. :frowning2:

You mean this stuff?

Jokes aside I have to admit I've watched a few good ones as well - "Berserk" especially comes to mind, kick-ass no matter what you compare it to.

Mar 22, 2011 at 12:18 AM Post #50 of 1,453
Currently I'm keeping up with Madoka, Dragon Crisis (originally only because Rose is voiced by Kugimiya Rie and I'm a huge fantard of any Kugyu loli [except Louise, she's a... witch with a capital B]), and I need to catch up on Star Driver and start Gosick since I heard Victorique is stupid cute.

Y'know what was a good anime that also had a decent OST? Katanagatari.

WRT: Berserk: If you enjoyed Berserk, you should definitely check out Hokuto no Ken (English: Fist of the North Star).

@Topic: So it seems that the Persona protagonists are fans of Audio-Technica.

-- Griffinhart

Mar 22, 2011 at 6:45 AM Post #52 of 1,453

Quote:
Currently I'm keeping up with Madoka, Dragon Crisis (originally only because Rose is voiced by Kugimiya Rie and I'm a huge fantard of any Kugyu loli [except Louise, she's a... witch with a capital B]), and I need to catch up on Star Driver and start Gosick since I heard Victorique is stupid cute.

WRT: Berserk: If you enjoyed Berserk, you should definitely check out Hokuto no Ken (English: Fist of the North Star).

@Topic: So it seems that the Persona protagonists are fans of Audio-Technica.

-- Griffinhart

Hokuto no Ken - roger that, thanks!

Mar 22, 2011 at 9:10 AM Post #53 of 1,453
Yes, Hokuto no Ken is quite possibly the manliest anime ever created. If you live in America, Hulu has both seasons up, with Japanese audio and English subtitles. Just use the American name "Fist of the North Star." 

@Topic: Why does it not surprise me that Persona protagonists would favor Audio-Technica?

Quote:

Hokuto no Ken - roger that, thanks!

Mar 22, 2011 at 1:45 PM Post #54 of 1,453
Quote:

-- Griffinhart

Hmm.. wasn't really pay attention to katanagatari's bgm at the time, maybe I missed it==
For anime with nice ost I'd recommend some examples like Ghost in the Shell, Kara no Kyoukai or more recent Angel Beats.. oh ya, Gundam SEED.. though the anime itself is somehow debatable

There are 20+ anime that I was keeping up with before the earthquake, hmm..

Mar 22, 2011 at 6:53 PM Post #58 of 1,453
The anime headphone book costs $30... I'd have bought it if some pretty pictures of anime girls was worth it... I may buy it still... I'm not sure really...

Mar 22, 2011 at 7:08 PM Post #59 of 1,453
I actually have an entire collection of backgrounds from this set. They're really nice...

I'm an anime fan, but It's just really nice art. Nice headphones, cute girls, and good albums in some of them. My particular favorite is the girl with Dark Side of the Moon in her hands.

Edit: the background I'm talking about is an edit of the Koss Pros

Mar 22, 2011 at 7:08 PM Post #60 of 1,453

Quote:
For anime with nice ost I'd recommend some examples like Ghost in the Shell, Kara no Kyoukai

Well, anything by Kawai Kenji (the Ghost in the Shell movies [especially the chants - they give me horripilations], the Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works movie), Kanno Yoko (the GITS anime, Cowboy Bebop ["3, 2, 1... let's go. *cue epic blues-jazz jam*]), or Kajiura Yuki (Kara no Kyoukai, .hack//SIGN, Puella Magi Madoka Magica) is god-tier music.

(I'm especially a huge fan of Kajiura's works, both as a composer for anime and as the woman behind the likes of Kalafina [they did all of the vocal endings to the Kara no Kyoukai movies and the opening to Sora no Woto] and FictionJUNCTION.)

Quote:
did someone say dragon crisis. :3

Meh. I like the ED, but not as much as the OP. Also, there is a distinct lack of Kugimiya Rie in that video. /infinitesadness

Quote:
The Audio Technica is just creepy. Is that how they sound?

Ah, man... you need to play Persona 3/4. Best RPGs on the PS2, bar none. (As for sound, I own a pair of ES7s and AD700s, neither of which are in the image. The ES7s are decent portables for their price, but I'm so used to my DT770s by now that the bass sound a tad muddy, and it's like it touches over all the rest of the audio range; AD700s are open so they play p. well with a lot of the woodwind classical music I have, but there's so little bass to speak of... also, build-wise, I can't wear the ES7s for more than 2 hours because of clamping force, and the AD700s slip and slide and creak if I turn my head often/fast.)

-- Griffinhart

Users who are viewing this thread

Back