[Pic snipped]

biggrin.gif

Huh. I have... this:

-- Griffinhart

Mar 21, 2011 at 9:27 AM Post #34 of 1,453

Quote:
Huh. I have... this:

-- Griffinhart

Oh coolness. I have a really low quality version of that one.

*Added to collection*

One more for the thread:

Mar 21, 2011 at 1:59 PM Post #35 of 1,453
Quote:

I find it both hilarious and sad when people in one niche-hobby make fun of people who enjoy other niche-hobbies.  (At least when they're actually serious about it.  I've made my fair share of jokes, but they're just jokes and not to be taken seriously.)

People need to learn to live and let live.  Most of the outside world will already look askew at people actively involved in a headphone forum.  You'd think these pseudo-minorities would band together and not fall into infighting.

Mar 21, 2011 at 4:51 PM Post #38 of 1,453

Quote:
Look what a little googling gave:

http://photobucket.com/images/anime%20headphones/

I'm (pleasantly) surprised there aren't more pictures of Akiyama Mio wielding her AKG K701s in that gallery.

Quote:
I find it both hilarious and sad when people in one niche-hobby make fun of people who enjoy other niche-hobbies.  (At least when they're actually serious about it.  I've made my fair share of jokes, but they're just jokes and not to be taken seriously.)

People need to learn to live and let live.  Most of the outside world will already look askew at people actively involved in a headphone forum.  You'd think these pseudo-minorities would band together and not fall into infighting.

Sadly, the Geek Hierarchy Chart is disturbingly too true.

-- Griffinhart

Mar 21, 2011 at 5:53 PM Post #39 of 1,453
Quote:

Sadly, the Geek Hierarchy Chart is disturbingly too true.

This quote from the '05 thread...
Quote:
http://www2.117.ne.jp/~ota-beam/otb-hp.htm

oh god i hate anime (i hate anime fans much more than i hate anime, though) but at least he had the decency to represent the sr-404

In a time before the Beats made headphones cool, the irony of a headphone geek making fun of an anime geek rings loud and clear through an apparently empty head.

Mar 21, 2011 at 6:37 PM Post #41 of 1,453

Quote:
obsession is obsession. Anime lovers just do it at a lower cost than audiophiles lol

Have you seen the prices on any half-way decent figurines or models? Friggin', I blew $40 on a FIGMA of Hiiragi Kagami last summer, plus another $30 on a PLAY-ARTS Squall Leonhart (Dissidia edition).

Merch is so ridiculously expensive (mostly because that's how most anime series make their money) - if you wanna support the shows, anyhow. Soundtracks, character image song CDs, artbooks. (I'm a huge sucker for artbooks... I managed to leave a con last year with only three - Vocaloid, Spice & Wolf, and one by Shimada Humikane [the guy who did character designs for Sky Girls and Strike Witches].)

And ugh, if you ever, ever, ever get into cosplaying... woe is your budget. WOE.

It's more accurate to say that anime geeks do it at lower prices but greater quantity... and not necessarily the same quality. (lol, Sader.)

-- Griffinhart

Mar 21, 2011 at 6:44 PM Post #42 of 1,453

Quote:
Lol.. I don't recognize alot of the headphone
I've never seen brands like "Elega" or "Sansui"
Guess im learning haha

Looki, looki
atsmile.gif

http://wiki.faust3d.com/wiki/index.php?title=Sansui_SS-100&printable=yes

Mar 21, 2011 at 7:54 PM Post #43 of 1,453
I'm too ashamed to say how much I've spent on figurines. However, since having heard one, I will not be satisfied with anything less than a SR-007, so I will eventually spend more on headphones than figures, hah.

Mar 21, 2011 at 8:26 PM Post #44 of 1,453
Huge animu and headphone guy here. :D

Those are the two biggest loves for me, actually. :frowning2:

Mar 21, 2011 at 9:37 PM Post #45 of 1,453
Quote:
Huge animu and headphone guy here. :D

Those are the two biggest loves for me, actually. :frowning2:

Ha, me too.. mami senpai==
And also two big holes for my wallet..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back