Apr 9, 2010 at 10:00 AM Post #1,203 of 2,425
Quote:

Originally Posted by waynema /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here you go:

More More
biggrin.gif
can we see some more shots with the Viablue please
biggrin.gif

a more side on shot would be fantastic so we see the thickness differences?

Apr 9, 2010 at 3:50 PM Post #1,204 of 2,425
Quote:

Originally Posted by LintHart /img/forum/go_quote.gif
More More
biggrin.gif
can we see some more shots with the Viablue please
biggrin.gif

a more side on shot would be fantastic so we see the thickness differences?

x2!

Apr 9, 2010 at 5:33 PM Post #1,205 of 2,425
Not much surprises me these days, but nc8000 pulling out after all that wait and we’re so close to the mark o_O Just look back and you’ll notice we’ve been in since that original thread was posted back in 05-14-2009, 12:19 PM

Apr 9, 2010 at 6:00 PM Post #1,206 of 2,425
Indeed, and had it not been for that mistake with the TWag cable I am sure I would still have been in. I will find out at the autumn danish head-fi meet (or first week of May if a unit has reached technetium by then) if I made the wrong decission as he and 2 other regular Danish members are still in within the first 250 units I think. But I really do like the Protector with the JH13 and am afraid that I might have reached the level of gear where my ears can no longer tell the difference quality wise. It would then come down to the flavour.

Apr 9, 2010 at 6:12 PM Post #1,207 of 2,425
Quote:

Originally Posted by nc8000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Indeed, and had it not been for that mistake with the TWag cable I am sure I would still have been in. I will find out at the autumn danish head-fi meet (or first week of May if a unit has reached technetium by then) if I made the wrong decission as he and 2 other regular Danish members are still in within the first 250 units I think. But I really do like the Protector with the JH13 and am afraid that I might have reached the level of gear where my ears can no longer tell the difference quality wise. It would then come down to the flavour.

Before you make your comparison, let me make a Pico Slim that is 2.5x the size, no digital volume control, $100 more expensive, and requires replacement headphone cables
confused_face(1).gif
I don't know why you would use this for comparison.

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Apr 9, 2010 at 6:39 PM Post #1,208 of 2,425
Quote:

Originally Posted by justin w. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Before you make your comparison, let me make a Pico Slim that is 2.5x the size, no digital volume control, $100 more expensive, and requires replacement headphone cables
confused_face(1).gif
I don't know why you would use this for comparison.

That sounds like sour grapes to me I must admit. You do realise that you are not the only maker of quality amps around don't you and while no doubt very good the Slim is not Gods gift to humankind ?
Just for that remark I am now absolutely certain I made the right chocie by pulling out and will not even bother trying the Slim.
Overinflated egos are not pretty to behold.
I realize that you pay for this thread but I don't think this attitude towards your competitors should be allowed. Post reported.

Apr 9, 2010 at 6:47 PM Post #1,210 of 2,425
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you heard the Pico Slim?

No I have not heard the Slim and will now never do so. Nor have I ever claimed that the Protector is better than the Slim but it is certainly plenty good enough for me. I hate fanboys no matter what they are fans of.

Apr 9, 2010 at 6:48 PM Post #1,211 of 2,425
Quote:

I agree, but in a different context than you intend.

Apr 9, 2010 at 6:48 PM Post #1,212 of 2,425
nc, I think you read it wrong. I think Justin was implying that they are apples and oranges.

Apr 9, 2010 at 6:49 PM Post #1,213 of 2,425
Quote:

This literally made me laugh out loud given your choice of amplifiers.

Apr 9, 2010 at 6:54 PM Post #1,214 of 2,425
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree, but in a different context than you intend.

Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This literally made me laugh out loud given your choice of amplifiers.

And the fanboys ride to the rescue. Might be time to leave this site for good. Things are getting ugly.

Apr 9, 2010 at 6:58 PM Post #1,215 of 2,425
nc, maybe i should have added more. I definitely think that Justin's post could have been better, but I think he just wanted to point out that the two amps have different goals and maybe a better comparison would be the shadow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back