HeadAmp Pico Slim Amp: Pre-Order Requests
Apr 7, 2010 at 10:49 PM Post #1,186 of 2,425
Quote:

Originally Posted by nc8000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good luck to all. I've decided to leave the party and make room for another lucky soul

Say it ain't so. The music is just getting good and I swear we weren't laughing at you when you spit your beer...

tongue.gif

Apr 7, 2010 at 11:40 PM Post #1,188 of 2,425
Quote:

Originally Posted by aamefford /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry about your wallet! Welcome to Head-fi!

Thanks for the warm welcome. I've read head-fi for a while and have finally taken the plunge to finally feed my audiophile tendencies. I wish it wasn't while I'm trying to pay for an upcoming wedding. But hey, I was warned
biggrin.gif

This will be my first portable amp so I'm hoping good things!

Apr 7, 2010 at 11:51 PM Post #1,189 of 2,425
Quote:

Originally Posted by Region2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the warm welcome. I've read head-fi for a while and have finally taken the plunge to finally feed my audiophile tendencies. I wish it wasn't while I'm trying to pay for an upcoming wedding. But hey, I was warned
biggrin.gif

This will be my first portable amp so I'm hoping good things!

...just don't tell her(your wedding or daughter?)
tongue.gif
...and jumping into portable amps with class from the start...good move.

Apr 8, 2010 at 12:08 AM Post #1,190 of 2,425
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...just don't tell her(your wedding or daughter?)
tongue.gif
...and jumping into portable amps with class from the start...good move.

My own wedding. I haven't told her though. But as she is spending 10 grand on a dress she's gonna only use once and a bunch of jewelry she'll probably wear like a few more times in her life and some shoes and stuff.

I think she can forgive me or I can guilt her into it XD

I lurked on here a lot so the pico slims looked great. But this place is dangerous as I also want the ibasso D4's (if they ever come back in stock) and RSA P-51 Mustang (later down the road). I'm too afraid to look at the desktop units.

Apr 8, 2010 at 12:19 AM Post #1,191 of 2,425
Quote:

Originally Posted by nc8000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good luck to all. I've decided to leave the party and make room for another lucky soul

Same here. Justin, I sent you an email hopefully you receive it/respond (your PM's are full atm), but I'd like to cancel my preorder too. Thanks.

Apr 8, 2010 at 2:10 AM Post #1,192 of 2,425
Quote:

Originally Posted by OPTiK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Same here. Justin, I sent you an email hopefully you receive it/respond (your PM's are full atm), but I'd like to cancel my preorder too. Thanks.

Whoops...looks like the balanced thingy is really tempting...and the long wait has made them switched...

hope I won't be regret later by sticking with the Slim....

Apr 8, 2010 at 5:01 AM Post #1,194 of 2,425
Quote:

Originally Posted by jckp919 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whoops...looks like the balanced thingy is really tempting...and the long wait has made them switched...

A balanced amp is pointless without a balanced source. I don't know too many folks who walk around with a balanced-output DAC or CDP, and the last time I checked, the iPod doesn't have balanced output.

Using a balanced amp connected to to a single-ended source is almost certainly degrading the signal, due to the circuitry used to convert the SE signal into a balanced one.

The fit and finish of the Pico Slim looks to be the best yet from Headamp, which was already at the forefront of that realm. Add in the best possible volume control to an amp designed to do what an amp should (supply adequate power without introducting noise or coloration) and you've got the best IEM amp ever made.

It will be worth the wait, just as the original Pico was. And I'm sure the wait can't be long now...so just stick it out...you'll be glad you did.

Apr 8, 2010 at 5:37 AM Post #1,197 of 2,425
Quote:

Originally Posted by justin w. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ill update it this weekend before i start shipping which as I said should be Monday

This is exactly what I wanted to know. I know I'm late on the boat, but I am impatient about hearing stuff out of a proper amp.

Thanks for the great work. I know it'll be worth the wait.

Apr 8, 2010 at 7:36 AM Post #1,198 of 2,425
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Say it ain't so. The music is just getting good and I swear we weren't laughing at you when you spit your beer...

tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vitor Teixeira /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You are joking, right?
The 1 of April was a couple o' days ago..

Quote:

Originally Posted by OPTiK /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by jckp919 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's all Craig at Wiplash' fault
wink_face.gif

I was all set for the Slim, ideal form factor, digital volume and oh so sexy. Then Craig by mistake send me a Protector terminated TWag cable instead of a 1/8" so I just had to try the Protector (great excuse) and Ray could send one the same day. I don't doubt that the Slim will be as good as the Protector (probably different though) and the waiting hasn't bothered me, it's just that I really can't see the point in having both when I konw for sure that I will only keep and use one and I do love the sound of the Protector with my JH13 so instead of getting a Slim, trying it out and then probably selling it on I'd rather that somebody else gets the chance to receive it directly and faster.

Apr 9, 2010 at 4:44 AM Post #1,200 of 2,425
Quote:

Originally Posted by justin w. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ill update it this weekend before i start shipping which as I said should be Monday

would it be possible to have a glance of the Slim (with the knob of coz) before it ships?? (some clear pictures please..)

Many thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back