HeadAmp Pico Slim Amp: Pre-Order Requests
Apr 3, 2010 at 3:31 AM Post #1,156 of 2,425
hey justin, i know some people have said that their portable amps cant accept a higher voltage input without clipping at the input. Can the pico Slim accept up to a 2v RMS signal without clipping at the input? and if so how high can it go?

Apr 3, 2010 at 3:37 AM Post #1,157 of 2,425
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you try reading the first post in this thread?
wink.gif

oh. i did missed that first link. thanks! shall go check it out

Apr 3, 2010 at 6:45 AM Post #1,158 of 2,425
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey justin, i know some people have said that their portable amps cant accept a higher voltage input without clipping at the input. Can the pico Slim accept up to a 2v RMS signal without clipping at the input? and if so how high can it go?

I'd certainly like to know this too.

Apr 3, 2010 at 12:37 PM Post #1,159 of 2,425
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcwang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd certainly like to know this too.

Go here for the answer.

Apr 3, 2010 at 1:29 PM Post #1,162 of 2,425
Quote:

Originally Posted by justin w. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, it can accept input signals up to +/-18V. Many digital volume controls only accept input voltages up to the power supply voltage (for a li-ion battery, that is 3.0-4.2V).

thats pretty amazing, thanks for the insight justin.

Apr 3, 2010 at 3:43 PM Post #1,163 of 2,425
Quote:

Originally Posted by justin w. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, it can accept input signals up to +/-18V. Many digital volume controls only accept input voltages up to the power supply voltage (for a li-ion battery, that is 3.0-4.2V).

Wow, isn't that about twice what the typical preamp puts out?

Apr 3, 2010 at 8:19 PM Post #1,164 of 2,425
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, isn't that about twice what the typical preamp puts out?

Which one?

The Pico USB DAC full level output is 4.5Vpp.
Some tube phono stages might output less than 0.5V
Many solid state CD players and pre-amps can output up to 15Vpp.

With an iPod, you can probably get away with 'other' digital volume controls. But hook it up to a home source and it will clip. There's a 'fix' for this --- significantly attenuate the signal at the input, before the digital volume control. But then you have to increase the gain of the amp to make up for the lost signal. Un-amplifying a signal so you can re-amplify it can only make things worse. More noise & distortion. Not necessary for the Pico Slim as it can accept larger input signals than the battery voltage.

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Apr 6, 2010 at 1:23 AM Post #1,165 of 2,425
Justin,

I sent you a PM today regarding a request for a refund as I would like to back out of my purchase. Please let me know the best way to proceed.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

skoog5600 (aka Allen)

Apr 6, 2010 at 2:32 AM Post #1,166 of 2,425
Quote:

Originally Posted by skoog5600 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Justin,

I sent you a PM today regarding a request for a refund as I would like to back out of my purchase. Please let me know the best way to proceed.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

skoog5600 (aka Allen)

Just let it come to Japan, I can take it from your hands once it has arrived
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Apr 6, 2010 at 9:47 AM Post #1,169 of 2,425
Quote:

Originally Posted by dcpoor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you should be fine, i believe Justin said that he'll accept preorder payments up until shipping day.

And when it's that?
I've heard at least two or three dates by now...
I think he should have said the shiping is going to be in THAT date, instead of today one, tomorrow another..That's just my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back