HeadAmp Pico Slim Amp: Pre-Order Requests
Apr 10, 2010 at 3:09 AM Post #1,231 of 2,425
Quote:

Originally Posted by belac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow!! I got two of my posts deleted for just asking why it was taking so long, that
doesn't seem fair!!!

dude..i got my posts deleted for that they were not "placing an order" in this thread...
confused_face_2.gif
confused_face_2.gif
.. fair?

Quote:

Originally Posted by justin w. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
FYI - I don't have moderator capabilities in this thread, so i don't know what posts you're talking about. but I must have given updates in this thread about the status at least once a week. less than 90 minutes until know for sure that tomorrow is the day i receive the last parts
smily_headphones1.gif

yay! guess 90mins has passed..and the answer is??

Apr 10, 2010 at 7:39 AM Post #1,232 of 2,425
Looking at the photos the Pico Slim and the position of the headphone jack, wouldn't a low profile LOD like the TWag Micro LOD stick out? I'm not sure.. Would anyone with a Pico Slim be able to confirm this?

Apr 10, 2010 at 1:18 PM Post #1,233 of 2,425
I wanna order one Pico Slim black, thanks!

Black
Singapore
Micro USB cable

Apr 10, 2010 at 2:10 PM Post #1,235 of 2,425
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also, having met Justin in person several times now, I would say he's one of the last people I'd expect to have an ego.

Of course Justin would have an ego, along with some eggs, syrup and bacon, making for a delicious, nutricious breakfast. Oh wait, that would be some "eggos". A great way to start the day, with the proper nutrition to build lots of great amps. Go Justin, go.

Seriously speaking, good luck Justin, with your launch and your sales. I'm very jealous of someone who can make a living doing what he/she really is passionate about, instead of 9-5 office work for someone else's profit.

Apr 10, 2010 at 4:06 PM Post #1,236 of 2,425
Quote:

Originally Posted by WalkGood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not much surprises me these days, but nc8000 pulling out after all that wait and we’re so close to the mark o_O Just look back and you’ll notice we’ve been in since that original thread was posted back in 05-14-2009, 12:19 PM

Yes, we are closing in on a year. Amazing. In that time, I have bought another competitive amp (that was announced around the same time), my JH13s (and considering the 16s), and have listened to many others. A long time between announcement and delivery can generate some of the frustration we are seeing here. I am looking forward to my Slim. I am hopeful it will address the compromises of my other portable amps.

Apr 10, 2010 at 4:26 PM Post #1,237 of 2,425
I feel absolutely no frustration with this purchase. For anyone who is impatient I can understand but as a past HeadAmp customer, I knew how this would play out. Buyers who thought that this would be a quick thing must not have read up or asked enough questions.

Apr 10, 2010 at 6:15 PM Post #1,238 of 2,425
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I feel absolutely no frustration with this purchase. For anyone who is impatient I can understand but as a past HeadAmp customer, I knew how this would play out. Buyers who thought that this would be a quick thing must not have read up or asked enough questions.

LOL, tbh, that's why I canceled my pre-order request only minutes after I posted it in this thread. I thought it through & realized I am too damn impatient; the wait would've aggravated me to no end. I AM working on that bad trait, but it's gonna take awhile...

Apr 10, 2010 at 6:29 PM Post #1,239 of 2,425
Oh yeah~It's been a year already, I'm still waiting for pico without buying any other amp, and I haven't used my portable devices listening to music for 3 months. I'm so happy the shipping date is solid now
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 10, 2010 at 7:51 PM Post #1,240 of 2,425
Quote:

I feel absolutely no frustration with this purchase. For anyone who is impatient I can understand but as a past HeadAmp customer, I knew how this would play out. ...

And at least one of us still has and uses his origional pico
rolleyes.gif
wink.gif

* please note the *rolleyes* sarcasm & wink, no offense disclaimer ...

Apr 10, 2010 at 10:03 PM Post #1,241 of 2,425
Quote:

I feel absolutely no frustration with this purchase. For anyone who is impatient I can understand...

Me neither... For everyone who is so impatient here's a few points to consider.

So many are on this constant quest for ever more perfect equipment. If you want something approaching perfection, then you have to deal with a perfectionist. Perfectionists won't release something till they are sure it's ready....

You are used to being offered the following deal: You can have what you want right now, no waiting, and on credit too. But then when you get whatever it is, you find they have cut this or that corner, and it's not quite what you thought it would be.

It seems that Justin is offering the exact opposite. I guess we will all know soon enough.

Tim

Apr 10, 2010 at 10:19 PM Post #1,242 of 2,425
Quote:

Originally Posted by timmo11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Me neither... For everyone who is so impatient here's a few points to consider.

So many are on this constant quest for ever more perfect equipment. If you want something approaching perfection, then you have to deal with a perfectionist. Perfectionists won't release something till they are sure it's ready....

You are used to being offered the following deal: You can have what you want right now, no waiting, and on credit too. But then when you get whatever it is, you find they have cut this or that corner, and it's not quite what you thought it would be.

It seems that Justin is offering the exact opposite. I guess we will all know soon enough.

Tim

Most of the people that make equipment in this buisness are offering you something you can't get at Wal-Mart. Your not going to get a line of credit, your going to pay for what you desire then it will be delivered to you for your enjoyment. Everything we pre-order on this site is offered the exact way Justin has offered his product, nothing opposite about it.

Apr 11, 2010 at 1:12 AM Post #1,243 of 2,425
Quote:

Originally Posted by WalkGood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And at least one of us still has and uses his origional pico
rolleyes.gif
wink.gif

I DO regret selling my Pico DAC/amp, no question. It was sold to fund my JVC...and now you see, even those might be playing out their last days in favor of upgrade. The expensive journey fueled by this cursed forum...and loving it.

I loved little Pico...heck, I even named my dog after it.
beerchug.gif

Apr 11, 2010 at 2:08 AM Post #1,244 of 2,425
Quote:

Originally Posted by timmo11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tim

With that, I like to nominate and vote Dr. Xin as the king of perfectionist..
atsmile.gif
atsmile.gif
atsmile.gif

Apr 11, 2010 at 4:33 AM Post #1,245 of 2,425
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, to be fair, it probably was unnecessary for you to a) publicly announce your cancellation (although it can be hard to confirm that Justin received a PM or email) and, more particularly, b) write a rave about a competitor's amp in a paid MOT thread. I don't know why you would be banned for that, though, as similar things happen in other MOT threads. But I think it's reasonable to anticipate some negative reaction when you do that.

Very well said. I also feel annoyed seeing such kind of comments in this thread. It's a pre-order thread. If you want to pull out, you can do so without praising another amp here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back