HeadAmp Pico Portable Amp (w/ optional upsampling 24/96 USB DAC) Pre-Order Thread
Jun 28, 2008 at 2:09 AM Post #2,281 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by Altemiss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My order is the 484th in Pico Pre-Order List.

I sent you the E-mail of the payment completion 15 days ago.

Please teach me the schedule of sending out my Pico.

Just run a simple extrapolating forecast for you.

I noticed #275 who lives in Japan received April 22.
I'm #385 on the list but haven't have any notice but guessing to be received soon - hopefully.

Then, presuming my receipt date as July 5, a week after.

(484-385)*(74/(385-275))=67
where 74 is the days between April 22 and July 5.

67 is the days after July 5, September 10.

The equation indicates you may have to wait 10 weeks or more.
eek.gif

Jun 30, 2008 at 10:07 AM Post #2,283 of 3,724
Justin,

Please would you update the Estimated Shipping Time schedule on the Pico Pre-Order Page on your website.

This will give us all a clearer steer on where you are with deliveries and save you having to update the entire schedule.

The existing dates are no longer valid and seem to have lost their connection with reality a long time ago. I know I'm not alone in saying that were you to update this brief section, you'd have the appreciation of a large number of us.

Thanks ever so much,

Waiting patiently for mine!

Will

Jul 1, 2008 at 6:40 AM Post #2,285 of 3,724
I just received #341 international (Russia).

1) This thing is incredibly tiny.
2) It is very nice looking (mine is bronze).
3) And it plays very well too right out of the box.

Excellent product!

Service needs improvements though, at least at communications side.

Jul 1, 2008 at 6:46 AM Post #2,286 of 3,724
justin, please remove me from the list. i had expected to have it roughly by now but its looking like its just going to be (have been) far longer than I was willing to wait. Thanks anyways

Jul 1, 2008 at 7:58 AM Post #2,287 of 3,724
Hi put me down for a Pico Black body, Bronze face plates, Silver Volume knob + Dac + 1 foot USB.. (i picked teh silver knob because I figured it is the easiest piece to scratch. In fact sell me a Black volume knob as an extra too.

Please please please ... Serial Number 777

Hard to believe this thing fits within a Macbook pro trackpad with tons of room to spare.

Now since these products are "pocketable" instead of gloss finish or type 1 anodizing... (hmmm type 3 anodizing would be nicer... and I have a guy who can do these in COLOR type three - which is hard enough to be able to scratch your KEYS instead of vice versa!...

How about

1. Al-TiCn coating?? That is the same stuff used to coat Drill bits.. You could also offer the gold coating of a similar finish.... now that... is really scratch proof.

Just trying to contribute this... in case someone has not already.. I've managed to read all 229 pages of this thread... still going...

2. So now my NOS Denon DCP-150 and 1 Denon DCP-150 slightly used and my Denon DCP-100 used a lot are all on the chopping block to help pay for this. I am tempted to keep the 150's since they have digital out and remotes... hmm but since i have Salling clicker and the Nokia N95....that goes out the window.

3. What I would really like to know is if there is anyway to use (hack) the USB output of the Airport Express to feed the Pico wirelessly.

Jul 1, 2008 at 12:46 PM Post #2,289 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by Golden Ears /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hi put me down for a Pico (color undecided argggh! ) + Dac + 1 foot USB..

Please please please ... Serial Number 777

Is this the place to put in my order or should I do it from their headamp website??

I know there is Black, Gun Metal, Silver and Bronze

BUT

Some people have asked for Gold and Red anyone have those colors? Pics?

I wish someone would post photos of these in ALL colors so I could pick mine...

Could someone shot a photo of this with a Ipod nano for size reference??

Now since these products are "pocketable" instead of gloss finish or type 1 anodizing... (hmmm type 3 anodizing would be nicer... and I have a guy who can do these in COLOR type three - which is hard enough to be able to scratch your KEYS instead of vice versa!...

How about

1. Al=TiCn coating?? That is the same stuff used to coat Drill bits.. You could also offer the gold coating of a similar finish.... now that... is really scratch proof.

Just trying to contribute this... in case someone has not already.. I've managed to read 85 pages of this thread... still going...

2. So now my NOS Denon DCP-150 and 1 Denon DCP-150 slightly used and my Denon DCP-100 used a lot are all on the chopping block to help pay for this. I am tempted to keep the 150's since they have digital out and remotes... hmm but since i have Salling clicker and the Nokia N95....that goes out the window.

3. What I would really like to know is if there is anyway to use (hack) the USB output of the Airport Express to feed the Pico wirelessly.

The standard colors are black, silver, gray, and bronze. Other colors such as blue/red/green/orange may be available but I can't guarantee that they will be in stock, so it is best to give me a standard color as a backup if you want one of these.

The dimensions are nearly identical to the newer iPod Nano, except with the thickness of 2 or 3 of them

1. The Picos are polished and then Type II anodized, not Type I, so it is thicker.

3. It may be possible to hack the Airport Express and use it with the Pico. I haven't tried it but it looks possible if you know what to do

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Jul 1, 2008 at 12:57 PM Post #2,290 of 3,724
Let me know if you are interested in type 3 anodizing. In vivid colors.. not just brown and black...like bright blue- reds- yellows etc..

I'll send you info on other more durable coatings... After all..this is an EDC (Every Day Carry) sort of item.

Jul 1, 2008 at 1:35 PM Post #2,291 of 3,724
Wow...lots of really good feedback!

I've been keeping an eye on this thread for a while, and I don't recall seeing many (if any) reports on the DAC SQ. Could someone who has the DAC version please post your thoughts?

I'm toying with the idea of upgrading my order to the DAC, but having trouble justifying the extra cost...especially as I have to pay international shipping and possibly import taxes.

Jul 1, 2008 at 1:36 PM Post #2,292 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jorg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
WOOHOO!!! Finally after 161 days (or exactly 23 weeks) of painfull waiting I've recieved it!!!

I just realized that I waited for 5 months also. And 2 of these months were after the payment.
Quote:

It was worth waiting for
biggrin.gif

I can't agree more.

Jul 1, 2008 at 4:15 PM Post #2,293 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by kostalex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just realized that I waited for 5 months also. And 2 of these months were after the payment.

The wait after payment wouldn't be so bad except that I feel I was led to believe it would be shipped soon after payment. Now that I know I have another 2 weeks, that's fine.

Jul 1, 2008 at 4:37 PM Post #2,294 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by deadfolk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been keeping an eye on this thread for a while, and I don't recall seeing many (if any) reports on the DAC SQ. Could someone who has the DAC version please post your thoughts?

To my ears the DAC is awesome for the money.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadfolk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm toying with the idea of upgrading my order to the DAC, but having trouble justifying the extra cost...especially as I have to pay international shipping and possibly import taxes.

It depends on what you're willing to get. If you're willing to get an all-in-one solution than it's absolutely worth paying the premium for the DAC version. If you plan to have a bunch of amps and need the Pico only as a portable amp, you may consider some other dedicated DAC.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kostalex
I can't agree more.

Congrats! Team happy Pico owners from Russia
wink.gif

Jul 1, 2008 at 10:57 PM Post #2,295 of 3,724
Quote:

To my ears the DAC is awesome for the money.

If you're willing to get an all-in-one solution than it's absolutely worth paying the premium for the DAC version.

I agree. For me the Pico w/DAC is a great all-in-one solution. If I had to I could be happy with just my laptop, Pico and of course a small pile of cans.
880smile-1.png

I've been using my Pico for quite a while(#54) and the excitement of using it everyday hasn't worn off yet.

I sometimes use it as DAC only and send the analog signal to my PreSonus Central Station and use it's amp or continue the path to my other goodies.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back