HeadAmp Pico Portable Amp (w/ optional upsampling 24/96 USB DAC) Pre-Order Thread
Jul 4, 2008 at 12:02 AM Post #2,311 of 3,724
thanks greatdane,

yep thats pretty close, but I may still do some more research, was going for a stepped monochrome look; not sure if I want it clear sides, gunmetal face, black knob or black sides, gunmetal face and clear knob.

you guys know if justin can make pretty much any color? Still may of course just wuss out and get all black or all gunmetal
confused.gif

regardless Justin.... put me down for 1 AMP NO DAC; i'll confirm the color way before you go ahead.

If i'm gonna get another DAC it would have to be a pretty decent step up from my RME FireFace 400

Jul 4, 2008 at 6:33 AM Post #2,314 of 3,724
The all black scheme has that high performance take-no-prisoners look that goes well with the industrial design. It's going to look great next to my other traveling companions; Thinkpad and Ricoh GR-DII.

I've decided to simplify my life and own less but more useful gears. Just sold a bunch of stuffs including my Cayin with NOS tubes - no music till the Pico arrives. Still waiting for Justin's mail for payment, so may be quite a long wait still

Jul 4, 2008 at 7:27 AM Post #2,316 of 3,724
Justin,

As per my 6/29/08 email to your company, I'd like to reaffirm my order. I apologize as I'm not quite sure how this works, but - could I request:

1. HeadAmp Pico Amplifier.

I would prefer it without the DAC. May I request black with a red knob and faceplate. I'm unsure when you desire payment, or if you request a down-payment to begin work on a product. Do let me know if there is anything you need from me.

You have my email (from Mark Allen), which this post duplicates. If my email address is missing or did not arrive for any reason, PM me here and I will get in touch with you promptly.

Jul 4, 2008 at 11:28 AM Post #2,318 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by sonq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've decided to simplify my life and own less but more useful gears. Just sold a bunch of stuffs including my Cayin with NOS tubes - no music till the Pico arrives. Still waiting for Justin's mail for payment, so may be quite a long wait still

I sold off my Eastsound CD-E5 cd player and M^3 amplifier when I bought my Pico. Its somewhat disturbing that this little thing sounds as good if not better than them
confused.gif

Jul 4, 2008 at 11:49 AM Post #2,319 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes of course...where do you think I got those last two pics from.
biggrin.gif

I also linked that thread on the previous page @ reply #2,299.

Great Dane yes I saw both of your posts and yes I knew that's where you got the pictures from. My post was for qusp who I thought may not have seen your link on #2299. Just trying to help. I still can't get over how much time it must have taken to photoshop all those Pico color combos.
eek.gif

Jul 4, 2008 at 2:01 PM Post #2,320 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by highhat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm guessing you've already seen this very helpful thread, if not enjoy:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/uno...thread-288147/

Thanks very much guys... exactly what I was looking for; still may go ahead and model the pico anyway... just for kicks... while i'm waiting
rolleyes.gif

Jul 4, 2008 at 4:11 PM Post #2,321 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by Covenant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I sold off my Eastsound CD-E5 cd player and M^3 amplifier when I bought my Pico. Its somewhat disturbing that this little thing sounds as good if not better than them
confused.gif

Despite been disappointed too many times in the hifi game... all these positive feedbacks are keeping my expectation high. Logically, this tiny little box should not be able to beat a mature tube amp design, but the world today is full of surprises nowadays.

I'll update you when I received mine, but even if it falls short, will be easier to travel with the Pico than a HA-1A for sure.

Jul 4, 2008 at 4:13 PM Post #2,322 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by lioil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just run a simple extrapolating forecast for you.

I noticed #275 who lives in Japan received April 22.
I'm #385 on the list but haven't have any notice but guessing to be received soon - hopefully.

Then, presuming my receipt date as July 5, a week after.

(484-385)*(74/(385-275))=67
where 74 is the days between April 22 and July 5.

67 is the days after July 5, September 10.

The equation indicates you may have to wait 10 weeks or more.
eek.gif

I will wait patiently...
redface.gif

Thanks.

Jul 8, 2008 at 1:22 PM Post #2,325 of 3,724
Justin,

I've been enjoying my 1st Pico for past 6 weeks now

I'm placing order for a second unit
All Black
Pico w/DAC, 1 and 6 foot USB cord

I'll also send email with the same info

Users who are viewing this thread