HeadAmp Pico Portable Amp (w/ optional upsampling 24/96 USB DAC) Pre-Order Thread
Mar 5, 2008 at 5:22 PM Post #1,682 of 3,724
Justin,

#210 arrived an hour ago...'burning in' now...

Comments:

1 ft cable is really short. FYI/FWIW, The amp connection jack is different than all my other USB cables. I will need a longer cable for other than close to laptop use. It looks like those used for cameras...might have been better to use a different jack, one that has a more widespread shape...my 2 c...

Sound? - A bit 'harsh', but it has only been connected for 45 min or so...seems to be smoothing out as I type...so far so good...not to worry.

Looks? - great! all around great looking unit for fit and finish...great job Justin...

Size? - incredibly small...

t

Mar 5, 2008 at 5:34 PM Post #1,684 of 3,724
The other 6 cables I have are used with DACs and ext. hard drives. All use a rectangular jack with two corners angled. I thought this was the standard 'mini USB' and I hoped to use my longer cables with the Pico when necessary. The pico uses one with a longer 'bottom' bit. The only other one I have that fits came from a Canon digital camera...obviously my experience is different from yours...I was just giving a heads-up to others...

It was a only suggestion...: )

t

Mar 5, 2008 at 5:45 PM Post #1,685 of 3,724
Pico uses the same USB cable as my iRiver H120, my cell phone and my card reader. It is the standard mini-USB.

I believe someone has already posted this somewhere on the forum, but here it is again Image:USB types 2.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
thats a list and picture of all USB cables.
wink.gif

Mar 5, 2008 at 6:06 PM Post #1,687 of 3,724
Grawk, MrSlacker,

I googled USB myself and you are correct. The jack on the Pico is a mini B. The cables used on my hard drives and DACs are A to B. Thanks for the posts and links. So, if you ordered the Pico/DAC and are expecting to use A to B cables...get A to mini Bs from Justin...

BTW, the Pico is smoothing out nicely at the top end, bass is filling out, soundstage widening and sounding gooood...; )

t

Mar 6, 2008 at 2:02 PM Post #1,693 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
3.9 Picos per day, no joke.

Is that M-F or 7d/w?

Guess i get to keep my $500 till end of april.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back