HeadAmp Pico Portable Amp (w/ optional upsampling 24/96 USB DAC) Pre-Order Thread
Mar 6, 2008 at 7:33 PM Post #1,696 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nylus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just to give people an idea.

I am 388 on the list and Justin emailed me on the 1st of March to say my order will be ready in 7-8 weeks.

I ordered Jan-7 ,and received mine this morning.Time will really go by quickly.
It will be here before you know it.Believe me it is worth the wait for this piece of art.
biggrin.gif

Mar 6, 2008 at 10:18 PM Post #1,697 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaw007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered Jan-7 ,and received mine this morning.Time will really go by quickly.
It will be here before you know it.Believe me it is worth the wait for this piece of art.
biggrin.gif

Does it sound as beautiful as it looks? If so I'm in for a treat in another 7 weeks myself.
biggrin.gif

Mar 7, 2008 at 12:14 AM Post #1,698 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by rippingdragon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does it sound as beautiful as it looks? If so I'm in for a treat in another 7 weeks myself.
biggrin.gif

I have mine burning in right now I will not be able to listen until Sat or Sun.
I have some work to do 200 miles from home,and hope to be back shortly.
I will be running mobile on the road.I did listen briefly,IMO sounds great.burning in will tell. Have a nice day.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 7, 2008 at 12:39 AM Post #1,700 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Sneis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Probably been covered before... Are you guys getting shipment notices?

I never received any notice,I emailed,and PM'd Justin several times,and got no reply.I asked for shipping conformation number.One person I know of got one.
At least I got the little fellow today he is so little,and cute.LOL
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 7, 2008 at 2:02 AM Post #1,702 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Sneis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Probably been covered before... Are you guys getting shipment notices?

i got one...but i said earlier somewhere in this thread that it doesnt do to much. USPS tracking doesnt update. it just notifies you that the package was sent

Mar 7, 2008 at 2:52 AM Post #1,703 of 3,724
I thought one of the main points about the Pico was it didnt need burn in?

And yet I've seen a few posts in this thread recently where people saying they are "now burning it in".

So for those of you who have already receieved their Pico, did it benefit from much burn in? If so, approx how many hours is suggested?

Thanks

Mar 7, 2008 at 4:33 AM Post #1,704 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamespb78 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought one of the main points about the Pico was it didnt need burn in?

And yet I've seen a few posts in this thread recently where people saying they are "now burning it in".

So for those of you who have already receieved their Pico, did it benefit from much burn in? If so, approx how many hours is suggested?

Thanks

I remember hearing something similar myself. Something to do with no capacitors being used in the design.

Mar 7, 2008 at 5:43 AM Post #1,706 of 3,724
I've read some think the DAC needs 150 hours burn-in. I am about there, but haven't the audio memory to tell if there's been a difference. Would need a fresh one to ABX with. No diff that I can discern.

Mar 7, 2008 at 4:33 PM Post #1,707 of 3,724
I'd like to order a BRONZE Pico please Justin with a GUNMETAL / GREY volume knob. Just the amp please.

Just let me know what details you need. It'd be for delivery to London, UK.

Best wishes and congratulations on all the great reviews!

Will

Mar 7, 2008 at 6:51 PM Post #1,709 of 3,724
Please, no flames or noob haters ; ). I have tried to find specific recomms. for headphones for the Pico...thread is long and searches did not help much...more long threads...anyway, I could use some suggestions from users of the Pico. Thanks.

t

Mar 7, 2008 at 7:45 PM Post #1,710 of 3,724
What price range and what type of headphone or ear monitor do you like?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back