HeadAmp Pico Portable Amp (w/ optional upsampling 24/96 USB DAC) Pre-Order Thread
Mar 3, 2008 at 4:28 PM Post #1,652 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by dvmrp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
why would the USB cable is specified and with the length requested? Is there a myth?

huh??? are you asking why people are requesting a specific cable length?
Justin has 1ft, 3ft, and 6ft cables and you can chose the one you want... some ppl (like me) don't need a 6ft cable, but need a 1ft.

Mar 3, 2008 at 6:12 PM Post #1,653 of 3,724
is it possible that the pico can be made in any color we want? if so, will there be additional wait time for ordering the special colors?

Mar 3, 2008 at 6:33 PM Post #1,654 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by aluren /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is it possible that the pico can be made in any color we want? if so, will there be additional wait time for ordering the special colors?

If you request it now then there probably won't be additional wait

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Mar 3, 2008 at 7:45 PM Post #1,656 of 3,724
I did
biggrin.gif

hopefully if Justin had time its arked as a gift.

Mar 3, 2008 at 8:00 PM Post #1,657 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by mp101 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I did
biggrin.gif

hopefully if Justin had time its arked as a gift.

-Thanks for the info.Mine says shipped I guess some people don't get any shipping info.I like shipping information so a person does not have to wait
unnecessarily around for days waiting for the mail person.

Mar 3, 2008 at 8:15 PM Post #1,658 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaw007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
-Thanks for the info.Mine says shipped I guess some people don't get any shipping info.I like shipping information so a person does not have to wait
unnecessarily around for days waiting for the mail person.

the shipping notification doesnt do much anyways..just tells you it has left..it doesnt update or anything.

Mar 3, 2008 at 8:32 PM Post #1,660 of 3,724
My experience is theh USPS is great at telling you they delivered it to you ontime yesterday, and UPS is great at telling you why the package is delayed and where it was last seen.

Mar 3, 2008 at 8:44 PM Post #1,661 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My experience is theh USPS is great at telling you they delivered it to you ontime yesterday, and UPS is great at telling you why the package is delayed and where it was last seen.

And Airboune Express uses civilians at xmas time stopping by,and asking directions back to town.
biggrin.gif

Mar 3, 2008 at 8:47 PM Post #1,662 of 3,724
This is probably a dumb question, but don't they make LOD docks with USB and Headphone ports (erm, the sik dock maybe?)? Can the usb cable be used from the dock into the pico - or that strictly a data output port and not a music port (which I am guessing to be the case)?

(if this is asked in the 165 pages of posts, then I apologize)

I'd also be curious to hear more people's impressions of this amp when paired with the se530's and ipod. My SE530's sometimes sound a little distant, I am curious if this brings the sound more forward and even.

Thanks guys!

(I am drooling and saving for a pico!)

Mar 4, 2008 at 12:42 AM Post #1,663 of 3,724
Quote:

Originally Posted by bjw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is probably a dumb question, but don't they make LOD docks with USB and Headphone ports (erm, the sik dock maybe?)? Can the usb cable be used from the dock into the pico - or that strictly a data output port and not a music port (which I am guessing to be the case)?

(if this is asked in the 165 pages of posts, then I apologize)

I'd also be curious to hear more people's impressions of this amp when paired with the se530's and ipod. My SE530's sometimes sound a little distant, I am curious if this brings the sound more forward and even.

Thanks guys!

(I am drooling and saving for a pico!)

I don't believe such technology exists quite yet for the iPod ~ unfortunately I also don't think Apple really has any incentive to provide such a feature as it would really seal the deal for us enthusiasts. The only options for iPod thus far are analog line-out or RWA imod line-out, either you deal with a mediocre source or you pay out the tooth for a decent one
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back