Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Dec 28, 2018 at 9:05 AM Post #11,522 of 12,596
At this price range we can not really talk about bass head IEMs, but the sound signature of the new Unique Melody 3DD Ti is not exactly neutral. The finest and most pleasing bass I have heard from an IEM ever and I tried IEMs that cost twice as much as the 3DD. As a bonus they look gorgeous.

Hi, I have heard them and agree with you that the bass on them are amazing. However, the rest of the frequency spectrum sounds terrible, vocals are very bad. The frequency graph is terrible with huge middle finger peaks too. Multi DDs (more than 2) are more of a gimmick and have a history of not being well implemented.

I would strongly recommend anyone to listen to them before pulling the trigger.

Dec 28, 2018 at 12:35 PM Post #11,523 of 12,596
Hi, I have heard them and agree with you that the bass on them are amazing. However, the rest of the frequency spectrum sounds terrible, vocals are very bad. The frequency graph is terrible with huge middle finger peaks too. Multi DDs (more than 2) are more of a gimmick and have a history of not being well implemented.

I would strongly recommend anyone to listen to them before pulling the trigger.
You can definitely do better for the asking price.

Jan 5, 2019 at 6:37 AM Post #11,527 of 12,596
Ordered them on your Rec, they seem to be really good pair, heard for few hours got them yest. Thanks
You certainly will not defeat. They are the same as the original ZS3 - my favourite. But "e" have more, deeper and cleaner bass. And also better (not more) treble.

Jan 16, 2019 at 4:16 AM Post #11,529 of 12,596
For anyone looking for a good hip-hop music to test <30hz bass frequencies here you go :

As a hip-hop dj keen on hip-hop/trap music and sub basses, i don't know any other song that has so many <30hz notes in it. The On My Level song was ok 6 years ago but some people here need to move on and accept it's not the best anymore to test extreme sub-bass frequencies

Feb 8, 2019 at 6:28 PM Post #11,530 of 12,596
Try the 1more Triple Drivers and symbio W eartips. Just gone back to them after my £300 iBasso IT03's packed up, and I'm missing that vast soundstage but the 1more's bass kicks harder and deeper. And were the iBasso worth almost 3 times my £70 Triples? Erm.... No.

Mar 2, 2019 at 12:42 PM Post #11,532 of 12,596
What would you guys consider good IEMs for a basshead under $100?

I think you'd have luck with the TFZ series 5 that's on the list. I WOULD have recommended the XB90Ex since they sold around 90-100 but markup is high now since they are discontinued.

Also check HBB's YouTube vids for recommendations in the Chifi realm as well as others that you probably have and haven't heard of...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIw1An1OUp4XIv_h6si2etQ

Mar 4, 2019 at 8:16 AM Post #11,533 of 12,596
Hey folks! I've been reading this thread for a while now and I'm trying to find _the_ basshead in-ears for me to use without an amp preferably.
I'm not an audiophile nor an expert of iems by no means. I've had many mostly cheap ones like Sennheiser CX300-II, Moxpad X6 and X9, few Yamahas and so on. My current daily driver is the T20i by RHA, which sound good but is lacking in bass imho.

So, what I've been looking for is
- All-around iems with that extra bass
- Below $/€250
- Good comfort and isolation
- Don't stick out of ear too much

I read a few recommendations of Rose Cappuccino MKII's, which look fantastic and apparently sound too? If they only cost less... Something similar maybe?

Mar 4, 2019 at 10:55 AM Post #11,534 of 12,596
Did you check the lists on the first page? Although this thread is not as active as it once was that is where HBB included the top lists from several of the key contributors and would be a good place to start if you have not done so.

Cheers,
Tim

Mar 4, 2019 at 11:03 AM Post #11,535 of 12,596
I think you'd have luck with the TFZ series 5 that's on the list. I WOULD have recommended the XB90Ex since they sold around 90-100 but markup is high now since they are discontinued.

Also check HBB's YouTube vids for recommendations in the Chifi realm as well as others that you probably have and haven't heard of...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIw1An1OUp4XIv_h6si2etQ

Thanks mayorblurps. Unfortunately I'm in Europe and I've been unable to find a dealer over here, so I'd rather look for some other IEMs from a major brand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back