Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Nov 20, 2018 at 11:12 AM Post #11,506 of 12,594
I don't think so either and if that was me and wanted another earphone replacement I'd contact you for sure after seeing ur feedback no doubt.

Nov 26, 2018 at 6:54 AM Post #11,511 of 12,594
This isn't the classifieds. Nice to see you taking advantage of a fellow Head-Fi member. Damn shame.

Hmmm...nobody's forcing another Head-Fi member to buy them :wink:

That said...he might get more/additional traction on ebay, for sale thread, etc.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2018 at 6:16 PM Post #11,513 of 12,594
Hi there,
Budget IEMs Senzer H1. Expecting to get Senzer H2 in a couple of weeks.
Attention. To be used only with players prone to high frequencies sound. A very good match with A&K Jr and Shanling M2. I have not tried them yet with my other players (except for Cayin N6). Unfortunately the lows are too much with N6 even in street conditions. But again, a lot depends on the genre and recording. Rock compositions sound solid and massive.
Can be compared with Sony XBA Z5 by SQ being 20 times cheaper.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2018 at 6:26 PM Post #11,514 of 12,594
At this price range we can not really talk about bass head IEMs, but the sound signature of the new Unique Melody 3DD Ti is not exactly neutral. The finest and most pleasing bass I have heard from an IEM ever and I tried IEMs that cost twice as much as the 3DD. As a bonus they look gorgeous.
3dd1.jpg
3dd.jpg

Nov 30, 2018 at 12:31 PM Post #11,516 of 12,594
Wow those UM 3DD look amazing!!
And with a 13mm driver would you say they offer basshead levels of bass (especially in the sub-bass region)?
They offer a very sophisticated and refined higher-end sound, but compared to the very neutral and balanced IEMs in this price range these give a bit more fun with a slightly V shaped sound signature. Never overshadowing the mids, but the bass is always there when needed. Extension to the lowest sub-bass is effortless and natural. Sweet, liquid, refined but powerful bass. And you can also slightly tune the amount of bass you need with the bass tuner. I think these wouldn't disappoint any bass head, unless you are into Beats kind of bass.

Dec 1, 2018 at 6:10 PM Post #11,518 of 12,594
NiceHCK EP10. Purchased as part of the 11/11 fukubukuro surprise bag for $10. They have since then officially released and come in at $20.
I know I know. How in the EFF can some $20IEM possibly compare to all these high dollar blah blah blahs and bleh? Well I don't really know, but you can help me out.

First off, 11mm PET(Mylar) Driver inside a metal shell.
The design of the EP10 is pretty weird. Its an earbudish design with a very short little nozzle. Because of that its very difficult to get a correct fit because the nozzle does not stick far enough into the ear canal. You need to find tips that have a tube that sticks out past the bulb part of the tip. That will give you a little more depth into to your ear. Another thing that needs to be done, is you need to go up 1 size in tips. In my experience tip rolling JVC SPIRAL DOT size L(Im normally M) worked the best.

OTB they have a nice deep bass with good extension and decent clarity. Bass details are pretty good. Bass is not fast but its not sluggish either. It sits somewhere in the middle. L shape sound signature with clean natural slightly bright mids, and a snappy bright treble with no harshness and no sibilance. Was a very addictive bass heavy sound sig that had me listening to rap for like 2 hours straight using my Cayin N5 which outputs 200mw+200mw @32ohm using high gain. They definitely loved the power. When I switched to my Sony dap which is 30mw+30mw they were very dull and enemic sounding. So I broke out the CAYIN C5. It outputs 800mw+800mw @32 plus has a +6db bass boost. I paired it with Sony dap as it has an excellent EQ. Pushed the EQ at 30hz to +10db, flipped the switch on the cayin c5 which gives me +16db, and put the cayin into high gain. Always putting on for my city, I listened to these 2 tracks from Stevie Stone.

Got the Cayin C5 to 5.5 in high gain with 16db before it started distorting. Backed down to 5 and my eyes are watering and my vision is blurry. Also they are vibrating so hard they are tickling my ear canal and continually backing out of my ears. I continually need to push them back in to keep listening. Very fun. Keep in mind I also made no cuts to the treble or mids so these things probably could go further down the rabbit hole.

$10 and the experience is very reminiscent of the first time I got my SZ2000's.

Anyway, I don't have much experience with the mid range and high end stuff that's flying around in this thread. Im sure the overall quality isn't as good as a lot of you guys are used to. I have never had an IEM over $200. That said, nothing I have ever had had been able to blur my vision. I have had ear ticklers, but nothing that vibrated out of my ear. Also at $20 + Spiral dot tips, this should be pretty easy to verify from more experienced basshead iem users here. :)

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2018 at 1:08 PM Post #11,519 of 12,594
As this thread is several years old, I would like to ask where the Aurisonics ASG 2.0/2.5 would rank in today's lists? Seeing as they were included in multiple lists early on, do they still stand up, not just in bass, but in overall sound quality against newer bass-heavy IEMs? I own both, along with the Rose Cappuccino MKII, but am keeping my eye out for another comparable, if not superior, dynamic/hybrid bass pair which still has solid mids and decent treble.

Thank you for any opinions,
Ryan

Dec 26, 2018 at 11:27 AM Post #11,520 of 12,594
I have just purchased the RBH ep1 on Amazon. I really like them so far. They have a 13mm driver positioned very similar to Xb90ex, with driver half pointed at housing and half straight into the ear. I have never heard the xb90ex so I can’t make a direct comparison myself. What I can say is that they were being sold for $150 but RBH is closing them out so they are currently $27 on amazon. I have applied a basshead eq, thank you hawaiibadboy for the bass head eq knowledge, and they handle it very well. IMHO worth trying for 23 dollars. The cable is not detachable and the way the factory coiled the cable makes it quite kinked out of the box. That is my only complaint so far.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back