Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Apr 17, 2017 at 9:15 PM Post #10,816 of 12,592
Gunk check SpinFit
comment_pPcLCqtCKcg1CwwJbhb9X1eahMbXzOxe.jpg

they are quite expensive so had to buy them on the Aliexpress - have to wait 2 weeks for deliver so I haven't test them yet.

Apr 17, 2017 at 9:33 PM Post #10,818 of 12,592
Yea, his review was one of the reasons I bought these. I can feel the exciter kick in when volume gets over 80%. It's just not quaking like I was expecting from what people like Luckbad wrote about em. Maybe my ear canals are a bit big and I need foam tips to make a better seal. Do you use foam tips?

I do but because i use public transportation to get to the city for work daily. I get rebound memory foam eartips because they give u 6 at half the cost of comply, 1/4 the cost. A tad worse sound honestly, but more isolation for me. Comply tips give me better bass tho.

Edit: i dont mean worse sound, it makes the soundstage more dense with the rebound. But to be fair, i have the dense ones, not the softer ones they offer (comply doesnt have this choice). I havent slapped the comfort ones on yet

Apr 18, 2017 at 2:38 AM Post #10,820 of 12,592
At the moment I own Cowon P1 and was missing my ASG so decided to buy brand new Fender FXA7 (knows as Aurisonic ASG 2.5. Fender bought Aurisonic) but they sound so bad compared to ASG 2 that I miss
frown.gif

FXA7 is a new version of Aurisonics Harmony, not ASG 2.5. Everybody is still waiting for a Fender's version of 2.5 :wink:

Apr 18, 2017 at 9:04 AM Post #10,821 of 12,592
PsiCore

For where you have that info?

Apr 18, 2017 at 1:03 PM Post #10,823 of 12,592

​They don't slam as much as vibrate IMO. I owned them for just under a week and sold them.

Yea, hmmm. I was really trying to find a pair that hit hard and had a remote on the wire.  The only reason I didn't get the Sony XB-90 is because they don't have the remote. Well, I just ordered some comply tips and a FiiO E18... I'll see if they make a difference. If not, I guess I'll be testing Amazon's return policy and looking into the IE80 for $250 (seems ridiculous) or just go with the XB-90.

Thanks for input.

Apr 18, 2017 at 1:21 PM Post #10,824 of 12,592
Thanks for confirming these are bass head IEMs. That other reply had me wondering. I've read many people say they hit really hard. Just wondering if I got a bunk pair. I will continue to let them burn in.

I have the pioneer se-cx8 and they hit, but you have to turn them up too loud to get the bass exciter going. Too loud for comfortable listening. If you want the same level of bass without amping and having to turn up too loud, go with the radius HP-NHR 21, or better yet NHR31. It has really good bass and a lot of it. It doesn't need amping or eq. The 31 has the exact same sound sig as the 21 but has removable cables. They sound great with balanced cables as mids and soundstage open up. The radius were the first iems where I could feel a subwoofer effect in my ears, it's that much bass. I remember the first time I heard the pioneers I thought they were the same as my radius bass wise in that you could feel the vibration, but I had to turn them up to loud for it to kick in. It's all or nothing with the pioneer. Plus radius has better mids and treble.

Apr 18, 2017 at 2:04 PM Post #10,825 of 12,592
PsiCore

For where you have that info?

Yes indeed. As psi core said. I have the 2.5 and a harmony and they are different the harmony is the FXA7 and there is so far no replacement/successor for the 2.5

Cheers.

Apr 18, 2017 at 5:10 PM Post #10,826 of 12,592
Such a shame :frowning2: If I would know that a bit earlier...

Apr 19, 2017 at 4:31 PM Post #10,828 of 12,592
Deleted

Apr 19, 2017 at 4:32 PM Post #10,829 of 12,592
  You can go spend $50 Dollars and then after 4 months you go buy another for $75 then after 5 months you read and ask and end up spending $112 Dollars then after three years you end up spending over $1,800 for many IEMs you would never use again. Or you can but a great one right now and enjoy it for a year or two or maybe this great IEM will be used as long as it doesnt brake.

Well said ! I  Agree.

Back in 2005 I had CX300 then I cut cable by mistake. Bought another CX300 same thing happen.... Then another IEM  JBL 220, and A- Jays 1 and 5,  and then CX980i and finally I bought IE80 with detached.... that I couldn't kill :p Was indestructible cable and earphones itself  of course.

Apr 20, 2017 at 2:47 PM Post #10,830 of 12,592
Hey guys! This is my first time here and I've never really joined any forums before so if I don't understand a few things please tolerate it.
I only started to really care about quality 2 years ago when I found this forum and seen that people are recommending the JVC HSZ2000 for good bass. From there I realized that I'm not only looking for good bass but I need something more. Something fuller. Something that could satisfy something I can't really describe.
I just bought the Audeze ISine 10. It's really an amazing IEM for not only those who enjoy the little details but even those who love huge bass. It has a 30mm Planar Magnetic driver after all.
While it sounds cleaner on the Apple products if you have a good amp and a good dac you will have an even better sound with the 3.5.
However it's not not designed to enhance the bass so you will have to make sure that you have a good EQ and even then it really depends on the source. If you manage to find a source with good bass you will feel the Planar magic.
I had try a lot of IEM-s before and so far JVC FX 850 was my favorite until I received my little babies. And while they don't have the Sub Bass JVC offered they are still very amazing little things and I can only imagine how good ISine 20 might sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back