Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Apr 16, 2017 at 2:28 PM Post #10,801 of 12,592
Picked up the Sony MDR EX800ST.
Disappointed and confused.
Apply EQ, start thinking about selling immediately.
Remember about taping the vents.
We're cool.

Just got mine in two days ago, IDK what I was expecting from them when I ordered them, but after listening with and without the tape mod, it's actually stupid how much sub bass they push with the tape.  Definitely the most bass i've ever heard in anything other than speaker systems.

Apr 16, 2017 at 9:11 PM Post #10,804 of 12,592
  I have a pair of SZ2000's along with a schiit magni 2 uber amp. I see videos upon videos of these headphones bass slamming 10 times harder but I'm just SO PARANOID about blowing these bitches. Anyone here know how much power I could put to these SZ2000's without needing to worry about blowing them? I have temptations to just turn the amp up full blast but my love for these headphones have stopped me from doing so. 

tape mod???

your in the iem basshead thread.

The SZ question would more fitting in this thread

http://www.head-fi.org/t/661129/jvc-ha-sz2000-1000-impressions-thread

Apr 17, 2017 at 1:50 AM Post #10,805 of 12,592
Going to upgrade to a new iem after enjoying my xb90 for a while. Narrowed it down to about 4 contenders based on all I've read:

Jvc fx850 or fx1100
Sony ex1000 or ex800

Would like some fresh perspective on which you'd go for and why. Not concerned about cost really. Won't be modding or amping. I'll mostly use them as a great portable set to relax with on backpacking trips.

Subbass and soundstage are of big importance to me. Don't care for mid bass much.

TIA! (thanks in advance)

Apr 17, 2017 at 2:58 AM Post #10,806 of 12,592
Going to upgrade to a new iem after enjoying my xb90 for a while. Narrowed it down to about 4 contenders based on all I've read:

Jvc fx850 or fx1100
Sony ex1000 or ex800

Would like some fresh perspective on which you'd go for and why. Not concerned about cost really. Won't be modding or amping. I'll mostly use them as a great portable set to relax with on backpacking trips.

Subbass and soundstage are of big importance to me. Don't care for mid bass much.

TIA! (thanks in advance)

The JVC 1100.

The Sony(s)  need amp  IMO

Apr 17, 2017 at 8:02 PM Post #10,808 of 12,592
I just picked up the Pioneer SE-CX-K IEMs. This is my first pair of bass head IEMs. I was under the impression that I would get decent performance without an amp. I've been using my Note 4 as a source with Neutron amp. Highs sound good but I'm not hearing any kind of bass!! I tried the bigger ear tips but no change. Does anyone know from experience if these IEMS require an amp to pump the bass out? Could it be that I need more expensive tips? Any help is appreciated.

Apr 17, 2017 at 8:14 PM Post #10,809 of 12,592
Post not available

Apr 17, 2017 at 8:45 PM Post #10,810 of 12,592
ASG 2 - best bass ever heard!!! with iBasso DX90

At the moment I own Cowon P1 and was missing my ASG so decided to buy brand new Fender FXA7 (knows as Aurisonic ASG 2.5. Fender bought Aurisonic) but they sound so bad compared to ASG 2 that I miss :frowning2:

IE80 second best bass earphones I ever owned! I would feel bad if I would have to go back to IE (on my way is Sony XBA Z5).

CX 980i suprised me to be honest

From "cheap" earphones I would choose A-Jasy (any 1-5), they sound so nice :) not best bass ever but have a lot of quality.

Apr 17, 2017 at 8:46 PM Post #10,811 of 12,592
I just picked up the Pioneer SE-CX-K IEMs. This is my first pair of bass head IEMs. I was under the impression that I would get decent performance without an amp. I've been using my Note 4 as a source with Neutron amp. Highs sound good but I'm not hearing any kind of bass!! I tried the bigger ear tips but no change. Does anyone know from experience if these IEMS require an amp to pump the bass out? Could it be that I need more expensive tips? Any help is appreciated.

The pioneer se-cx8? The k just stands for color black on those, ignore that part.. but definitely basshead as per page 1. I havent owned but im sure Hawaiibadboy has tried them.

Edit: (forgot to add..)Maybe he (or any of those who are familiar with them) can advise you how to get some decent bass out of them

Apr 17, 2017 at 8:50 PM Post #10,812 of 12,592
The pioneer se-cx8? The k just stands for color black on those, ignore that part.. but definitely basshead as per page 1. I havent owned but im sure Hawaiibadboy has tried them.

Thanks for confirming these are bass head IEMs. That other reply had me wondering. I've read many people say they hit really hard. Just wondering if I got a bunk pair. I will continue to let them burn in.

Apr 17, 2017 at 8:56 PM Post #10,814 of 12,592
Gunk

I mix up earphones. Sorry, my bad!

Apr 17, 2017 at 9:10 PM Post #10,815 of 12,592
http://www.basshead.club/pioneer-se-cx8-review/

Luckbad there says u need high volumes to get bass.

Yea, his review was one of the reasons I bought these. I can feel the exciter kick in when volume gets over 80%. It's just not quaking like I was expecting from what people like Luckbad wrote about em. Maybe my ear canals are a bit big and I need foam tips to make a better seal. Do you use foam tips?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back