Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Mar 3, 2017 at 4:48 PM Post #10,561 of 12,596

​what type of music do  you listen to?

You plan on using an amp?

Sound signature preference?

good isolation, poor isolation?

All of these would be good info to help us help you

Good Evening!

As mentioned (I hope) it will be electronic based music with everything from EDM, Drum and Bass, Trip Hop, Drum and Bass, Vocal Based Drum and Bass..Lovely female vocalists, even on Dubstep, Euphoric, Breaks, Trance, House and on and on. I have a love of all music, but am happy to have a couple pairs of IEMs that are suited to different needs.

I have a portable amp which needs upgrading so any excuse. I have no issue with a high impedance pair of IEMs if they satisfy my need amigo!

As mentioned several times, I am very new in this World, hence why I asked for help. The sound signature I am looking for is what would work best with my choice of music. Shameless bass, but am hoping that with spending more, the bass, sub bass can still be controlled with minimal bleed, bloat and tightness through to mids, trebles and the highs. 

Good Isolation - Any knowledge on tips to buy to try would be great! :)

I hope that helps some more. Thanks for taking the time to help - It is appreciated.

Mar 3, 2017 at 5:11 PM Post #10,562 of 12,596
Good Evening!

As mentioned (I hope) it will be electronic based music with everything from EDM, Drum and Bass, Trip Hop, Drum and Bass, Vocal Based Drum and Bass..Lovely female vocalists, even on Dubstep, Euphoric, Breaks, Trance, House and on and on. I have a love of all music, but am happy to have a couple pairs of IEMs that are suited to different needs.

I have a portable amp which needs upgrading so any excuse. I have no issue with a high impedance pair of IEMs if they satisfy my need amigo!

As mentioned several times, I am very new in this World, hence why I asked for help. The sound signature I am looking for is what would work best with my choice of music. Shameless bass, but am hoping that with spending more, the bass, sub bass can still be controlled with minimal bleed, bloat and tightness through to mids, trebles and the highs. 

Good Isolation - Any knowledge on tips to buy to try would be great! :)

I hope that helps some more. Thanks for taking the time to help - It is appreciated.

budget? Well I only reccommend pm4 I didn't use many other iems bassheads on here use though. List is long these days. Just pick the first on hb list lol

Mar 4, 2017 at 2:09 AM Post #10,563 of 12,596
Android player PSA

Onkyo HF player works but that doesn't mean it's perfect either... I found a free app with a parametric eq. It's a mess. But it's free!

aDSP Player

The screenshots show just how janky the UI is but the feature set is great. If you dont know your way around a para EQ this will scare you. If you can it works surprisingly well and the DSP isn't so bad at all!

Mar 4, 2017 at 7:05 AM Post #10,564 of 12,596
Android player PSA

Onkyo HF player works but that doesn't mean it's perfect either... I found a free app with a parametric eq. It's a mess. But it's free!

aDSP Player

The screenshots show just how janky the UI is but the feature set is great. If you dont know your way around a para EQ this will scare you. If you can it works surprisingly well and the DSP isn't so bad at all!

its global?

Mar 4, 2017 at 11:44 AM Post #10,565 of 12,596
I ordered the Rose Aurora. I'm quite satisfied with what I have, but sure enough I wanted something new. It also means I should take the time to update my profile here..

I am honestly quite satisfied with these: http://www.project-extreme.com/headphones/sx550-titanium-headphones.php

They are, for better or worse, capable with the right amount of EQ. Vanilla, they're kind of meh, but when EQ is there, they shine a bit more.

Mar 4, 2017 at 12:21 PM Post #10,566 of 12,596
budget? Well I only reccommend pm4 I didn't use many other iems bassheads on here use though. List is long these days. Just pick the first on hb list lol

Budget would be around $300

If a dream pair for my Electronic Music, EDM, Drum and Bass etc etc would be a little more, then I can save a little more.

Based in the UK so IEMs in Europe would be great, but am happy to import. These IEMs will be listened to every day so really want to get it right!

PLEASE contribute to suggestions on what to purchase good people!

It would be really appreciated so I hope you can spare some time to give your suggestions of IEMs.

Cheers

Mar 4, 2017 at 12:21 PM Post #10,567 of 12,596
Just after some advice on this thread. 

I had an Xduoo X3 and a set of Yamaha EPH100s that both died in the last few months.  Been using a sansa clip and crappy in ears. 

I was actually in Japan a few weeks ago and tried to find the XB90EXs but apparently they are out of production and not carried anymore. 

Would like suggestions for both a portable player and headphones.  Want to keep the total budget below 300 USD. 

I like defined bass and soft treble.  (Absolutely hate sibilance)   I loved the Yamaha EPH100s because they had bass (needed eq still though) and were not too muddy and had nice warm treble with no sibilance. 

I am in Canada currently. 

Mar 4, 2017 at 12:42 PM Post #10,568 of 12,596
  Oh totally, if i still had my kicker i'd probably keep the aurora and sell the kicker.

Hmm...Well now you've given me something to consider, lol.

Quote:

Never so much as seen a TFZ 5s, but, after hbb put them on his  list, i wanna give them a try some day.

Yeah, I have the TFZ 5S and I definitely agree with its placement on the list and its numerical position. It delivers some really satisfying bass performance. And I hear the original version, the Series 5, was even more of a monster than this one is. 

Mar 4, 2017 at 2:06 PM Post #10,570 of 12,596
  Not sure? I found it in the normal play store (USA) with that weird name (parametric equalizer, surround) but once it's installed it shows up as aDSP player

should have been more specific.

by global, i mean a global application within android.  meaning it would work for all apps and sound coming out of a android device

Mar 4, 2017 at 3:29 PM Post #10,573 of 12,596
Ohhh duh. My mistake
No not global in that sense. Its not like an EQ app that works on the system, its a self contained player.

Are there any eq apps that work on the entire android platform? What I love about the zx2 is it's eq. It affects the whole system. That's how I'm able to double up on the bass, i.e. Zx2 bass boost, app with eq. I can get even more bass with a amp with bass boost, thus tripling my bass boost.

Mar 4, 2017 at 3:39 PM Post #10,574 of 12,596
Are there any eq apps that work on the entire android platform? What I love about the zx2 is it's eq. It affects the whole system. That's how I'm able to double up on the bass, i.e. Zx2 bass boost, app with eq. I can get even more bass with a amp with bass boost, thus tripling my bass boost.

only one i know of is viper4android but you will need to root your device for it to work.

Mar 4, 2017 at 3:58 PM Post #10,575 of 12,596
As i have several posts scattered with different information for the IEMs I am looking for and the information you ladies & gents need to give you much appreciated advice. I have shrunk it down, but hope the below is enough for the advice that is really required as in I will order the IEMs this weekend as my old pair died on me!

‘Quote:

Originally Posted by myemaildw 

budget? Well I only reccommend pm4 I didn't use many other iems bassheads on here use though. List is long these days. Just pick the first on hb list lol’

Budget would be around $300

If a dream pair for my Electronic Music, EDM, Drum and Bass etc etc would be a little more, then I can save a little more.

Based in the UK so IEMs in Europe would be great, but am happy to import. These IEMs will be listened to every day so really want to get it right!

‘Quote:

Originally Posted by chillaxing 

what type of music do  you listen to?

You plan on using an amp?

Sound signature preference?

good isolation, poor isolation?

All of these would be good info to help us help you’

Good Evening!

The music will be electronic based music with everything from EDM, Drum and Bass, Trip Hop, Drum and Bass, Vocal Based Drum and Bass..Lovely female vocalists, even on Dubstep, Euphoric, Breaks, Trance, House, Orbital, Chicane, Prodigy and on and on. I have a love of all music, but am happy to have a couple pairs of IEMs that are suited to different needs.

I have a portable amp, AudioQuest DragonFly used on my mobile OTG, on the laptop but am looking to get the JOT for my desktop setup to power my hungry cans. I have no issue with a high impedance pair of IEMs if they satisfy my need amigo!

As mentioned several times, I am very new in this World, hence why I asked for help. The sound signature I am looking for is what would work best with my choice of music. Shameless bass, but am hoping that with spending more, the bass, sub bass can still be controlled with minimal bleed, bloat and with control and enjoyable through to mids, upper mids and highs. Trebles and the Highs for the vocals throughout the Electronic music genres.

Good Isolation Please - Any knowledge on tips to buy to try, experiment would be great! :)

I hope the above helps in the questions you may have for advice on which IEMs to check out. If I have missed anything, let me know.

Cannot thank you all enough.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back