Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Dec 24, 2016 at 12:13 AM Post #10,051 of 12,592
Finally have definition of bass head which is using an amp, an amp that has more ohm output than you need, preferably with which has bass boost. lol I'm not a bass head at all according to definition. I consider myself bass head though, I use cayin n5, pm4 with purple filters bassy enough for me. n5 actually has 32/4 ohm amp that goes crazy loud I only use 30-40 percent volume.

I don't use eq cause I didn't have a single clean eq, there's no clean eq, even eq on n5 isn't clean. it has coax out can hook up an amp

I have a set of Phantom Master 4 ( i think that's what PM4 means) on the way on loan from a fellow user and will maybe tour them to another user.
I will let you folks know.

Venture Electronics is a legit company. I will pay for the monks and adapters. All came in a few days.

Cost 5 bucks. Sound great. A Big Mac is more than 5 bucks in Japan.
That's crazy. The dope buds and the Big mac...cray cray

I hope you gonna like Phantom Master 4 and I'm perfectly fine with touring the set as long as it is worth being heard of.

Dec 24, 2016 at 12:29 AM Post #10,052 of 12,592
Honestly, I have the PM4 with kombi tips, with silver undamlened filter, im a big fan. Basically, Trinity got ****ed over by some of their suppliers with workmanship issues etc and Bob who owns Trinity has taken a beating somewhat to his companies reputation.

I have the silver PM4, all negative impressions I've read are from gun metal and black versions. Honestly, the sound that comes out of my set are very clear and authorative with good detail retrieval to my ear.

His customer service is absolutely 1st rate, I've really felt sympathy to the guy for the **** he's had thrown at him. He totally re-worked the PM4 and gave his pm4 customers are pretty crazy deal to upgrade to the next version even if your set was perfectly working (No doubt most are).

Jackpot77 has had a preliminary listen to his reworked version, I suggest you read through both hus threads, the guy works flat out to make everyone happy.

Just my observations, I know your a big fan of customer service, so is Bob Trinity. One thing I do know, he prefers to answer people in the thread instead of individual PM's due to volume of daily messages. I've had messages back and forth, just a comment he made a few weeks back on the thread.

Thanks for the background. It does make a difference.
beerchug.gif

Life happens.
I am still happy to do a vid for the PM4 .

My pair arrived without any issues. However, there was definitely a pool of users that weren't so lucky. It's worth remembering, though, that they are the most vocal ones, while happy campers are listening to their IEMs.

I agree on customer service. They seems to be very responsive.

As for the new Master, I think it was meant to happen no matter how PM4 would have been received in the public. New Master is in production already. I can't imagine Trinity Audio being able to fix PM4 so quickly and starting the production. Originally PM4 was delayed for many months. New Master is only an upgrade, but it's very unlikely that they're releasing a new set because of the problems with PM4. They seem to upgrade their IEMs rapidly anyway. Look how many versions of Delta there are.

By the way, that 'trade in' code could be used by anyone - you have PM4 or not. Essentially it's preorder price as the new Master is not available yet. It's just dressed as trade in deal.

I won't be upgrading, though. I've a feeling it will be 90% of PM4 with minor improvements. Even though the price seems to be attractive, basically one gonna end up with two sets of the same for more money.

Dec 24, 2016 at 6:25 AM Post #10,055 of 12,592
My pair arrived without any issues. However, there was definitely a pool of users that weren't so lucky. It's worth remembering, though, that they are the most vocal ones, while happy campers are listening to their IEMs.

I agree on customer service. They seems to be very responsive.

As for the new Master, I think it was meant to happen no matter how PM4 would have been received in the public. New Master is in production already. I can't imagine Trinity Audio being able to fix PM4 so quickly and starting the production. Originally PM4 was delayed for many months. New Master is only an upgrade, but it's very unlikely that they're releasing a new set because of the problems with PM4. They seem to upgrade their IEMs rapidly anyway. Look how many versions of Delta there are.

By the way, that 'trade in' code could be used by anyone - you have PM4 or not. Essentially it's preorder price as the new Master is not available yet. It's just dressed as trade in deal.

I won't be upgrading, though. I've a feeling it will be 90% of PM4 with minor improvements. Even though the price seems to be attractive, basically one gonna end up with two sets of the same for more money.
possibly ye it may end up like that. Myself though, at that price, I will have two sets of IEM's I really enjoy listening to. Should something go wrong with one pair I'll be safe with the other. I think they are a really nice IEM overall, package is really nice with the accessories and customer service is top notch.

Their PM6 and Hunter customers will be very happy i think, im not in on thise though, jumped at PM4 as last minute gamble. Sound great through my mojo with silver UD filters

Dec 24, 2016 at 12:50 PM Post #10,060 of 12,592
no Catholic Christmas yet here in Ireland. I'm Russian I don't celebrate Catholic Christmas couldn't care for the holiday, Russian santa comes on new year with presents under tree on new year, our Christmas is mashed into new year just the way Christmas was abolished and reintroduced by government. Biggest holiday of year is new year for us hihi
very few people celebrate Christmas 7 January mostly religious Russians. The holidays did start yesterday evening though
Enjoy it though my Catholic protestant friends

Dec 25, 2016 at 10:57 PM Post #10,065 of 12,592
Funny story everyone; 

Today over my parents my mom showed me her new desktop stereo system, some cheap cd player with cheap speakers and a radio. She likes listening to her gospel radio stations and am talk radio. I asked her if she liked it and she said she's taking it back. I asked her why and she said, and I quote, "It doesn't have the BASS in it." I looked at my wife and laughed and said, my mom is a basshead! 70 something years old. I told her to take it back, I'd hook her up. Bass must be in my dna. Now to find a retro-ish desktop system with cd, cassette (my mom's old school), and radio, with good sound and of course, good bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back