Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Dec 21, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #10,021 of 12,592
Flat monitor sound + bass without needing amp. The headphone they most remind me of is Sennheiser HD25-1 ii, with more bass and slightly blunted treble in a few spots. Take some eq/bass boost as well. I am not a basshead, but in terms of bass quantity would rank them somewhere below ASG2.5 and amped/eq'd xb90ex which I have heard from the top ten.

I used daily for quite a while but sold eventually. IMO if like me you enjoy a somewhat raw live monitor sound with bass pressure they are a good look, but if you prefer warmth or smoother or more 'hi-fi' details & treble there are probably better choices.

A few others from this thread have commented if you do a thread-search and check out the G10 dedicated thread.

Thank you.How can ypu compare at mids and enstrument seperation with fx850,1100 or other similar iems?

Dec 21, 2016 at 4:21 PM Post #10,023 of 12,592
I've wrecked 4? sets of headphones listening to the Mekanik. Stuff is no joke. But IMO if a headphone can withstand a few days of the Mekanik, they're keepers. A lot can't make it through that kind of bass abuse.

Dec 21, 2016 at 6:19 PM Post #10,024 of 12,592
158b23b6115307fb8e74ec86955f69dc.jpg

Cayin C5 is finally here!

What shall I listen first?!

Very nice! I use the exact same setup at work. Try this track:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YoI1ts7FxZ8

Dec 21, 2016 at 11:50 PM Post #10,025 of 12,592
Thank you.How can ypu compare at mids and enstrument seperation with fx850,1100 or other similar iems?

Too long since I had the 850s and the G10, so I can't really comment directly on mids comparison or instrument seperation (which I find seperation has a lot to do with source also). 850 is a completely different type of sound being rather v-shaped with a midbass hump, and heavily vented so very open sounding. G10 like i said is flat, 'club monitor' style sound with low-end bass lift, so very direct 'in your face' presentation, though not congested sounding.

Hope that helps, sorry I can't remember better.

Dec 22, 2016 at 6:18 AM Post #10,026 of 12,592
Too long since I had the 850s and the G10, so I can't really comment directly on mids comparison or instrument seperation (which I find seperation has a lot to do with source also). 850 is a completely different type of sound being rather v-shaped with a midbass hump, and heavily vented so very open sounding. G10 like i said is flat, 'club monitor' style sound with low-end bass lift, so very direct 'in your face' presentation, though not congested sounding.

Hope that helps, sorry I can't remember better.

Thank you.I use sony xb90.Can it be upgrade on bass and mid after xb90?
i can find second hand g10 for 115 usd.

Dec 22, 2016 at 1:26 PM Post #10,027 of 12,592
Anything from emptyset, moderat, raime, Roly Porter, the haxan cloak. These are what I use for subass.

Really liking Moderat, but all their stuff sounds like vinyl rip with crackle/pop...is that normal?

Dec 22, 2016 at 2:04 PM Post #10,029 of 12,592
Received the Denon today. Built nice. Not crazy about the fit. Unfortunately, I'm in the car on a way to a meeting with my business partner. Only took a quick listen out of my V20... Don't sound good out of it at all. Hopefully much better out of cowon.

Dec 22, 2016 at 2:56 PM Post #10,030 of 12,592
Finally have definition of bass head which is using an amp, an amp that has more ohm output than you need, preferably with which has bass boost. lol I'm not a bass head at all according to definition. I consider myself bass head though, I use cayin n5, pm4 with purple filters bassy enough for me. n5 actually has 32/4 ohm amp that goes crazy loud I only use 30-40 percent volume.

I don't use eq cause I didn't have a single clean eq, there's no clean eq, even eq on n5 isn't clean. it has coax out can hook up an amp

Dec 22, 2016 at 11:24 PM Post #10,032 of 12,592
Finally have definition of bass head which is using an amp, an amp that has more ohm output than you need, preferably with which has bass boost. lol I'm not a bass head at all according to definition. I consider myself bass head though, I use cayin n5, pm4 with purple filters bassy enough for me. n5 actually has 32/4 ohm amp that goes crazy loud I only use 30-40 percent volume.

I don't use eq cause I didn't have a single clean eq, there's no clean eq, even eq on n5 isn't clean. it has coax out can hook up an amp

I have a set of Phantom Master 4 ( i think that's what PM4 means) on the way on loan from a fellow user and will maybe tour them to another user.
I will let you folks know.

Venture Electronics is a legit company. I will pay for the monks and adapters. All came in a few days.

Cost 5 bucks. Sound great. A Big Mac is more than 5 bucks in Japan.
That's crazy. The dope buds and the Big mac...cray cray

Dec 23, 2016 at 12:37 AM Post #10,035 of 12,592
Honestly, I have the PM4 with kombi tips, with silver undamlened filter, im a big fan. Basically, Trinity got ****ed over by some of their suppliers with workmanship issues etc and Bob who owns Trinity has taken a beating somewhat to his companies reputation.

I have the silver PM4, all negative impressions I've read are from gun metal and black versions. Honestly, the sound that comes out of my set are very clear and authorative with good detail retrieval to my ear.

His customer service is absolutely 1st rate, I've really felt sympathy to the guy for the **** he's had thrown at him. He totally re-worked the PM4 and gave his pm4 customers are pretty crazy deal to upgrade to the next version even if your set was perfectly working (No doubt most are).

Jackpot77 has had a preliminary listen to his reworked version, I suggest you read through both hus threads, the guy works flat out to make everyone happy.

Just my observations, I know your a big fan of customer service, so is Bob Trinity. One thing I do know, he prefers to answer people in the thread instead of individual PM's due to volume of daily messages. I've had messages back and forth, just a comment he made a few weeks back on the thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back