Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Dec 20, 2016 at 12:53 PM Post #10,007 of 12,592
Guys Could you make a comment about Futuresonics G10?

Flat monitor sound + bass without needing amp. The headphone they most remind me of is Sennheiser HD25-1 ii, with more bass and slightly blunted treble in a few spots. Take some eq/bass boost as well. I am not a basshead, but in terms of bass quantity would rank them somewhere below ASG2.5 and amped/eq'd xb90ex which I have heard from the top ten.

I used daily for quite a while but sold eventually. IMO if like me you enjoy a somewhat raw live monitor sound with bass pressure they are a good look, but if you prefer warmth or smoother or more 'hi-fi' details & treble there are probably better choices.

A few others from this thread have commented if you do a thread-search and check out the G10 dedicated thread.

Dec 20, 2016 at 1:44 PM Post #10,008 of 12,592
New company, but has anyone heard of Rose?   http://penonaudio.com/Rose-Technology-all-models/Rose-Margaret-Dual-Dynamic-Earphone
Probably the only design/color scheme I like in their lineup. Do dual dynamics have a good rep when it comes to bass?

Dec 20, 2016 at 7:30 PM Post #10,009 of 12,592
  New company, but has anyone heard of Rose?   http://penonaudio.com/Rose-Technology-all-models/Rose-Margaret-Dual-Dynamic-Earphone
Probably the only design/color scheme I like in their lineup. Do dual dynamics have a good rep when it comes to bass?

the ATH push pull ones last year were terrible but a dual DD always peaks my interest. Like subs in a car.....MOAR is better
biggrin.gif

Dec 20, 2016 at 7:30 PM Post #10,010 of 12,592
I'm looking at the new Denon AH-C820 with its dual 11.5 mm drivers and 250 mw handling, the Sony ex800st, or the cardas A8 as my nexty. Has anyone heard the new denon or the cardas A8? The cardas get great reviews especially for its bass. The denon are too new. We already know what the Sony can do.

Dec 20, 2016 at 7:38 PM Post #10,011 of 12,592
I'm looking at the new Denon AH-C820 with its dual 11.5 mm drivers and 250 mw handling, the Sony ex800st, or the cardas A8 as my nexty. Has anyone heard the new denon or the cardas A8? The cardas get great reviews especially for its bass. The denon are too new. We already know what the Sony can do.
got my 800's delivered today, getting them taped up tomoz... canrt wait, basstopia...

Dec 20, 2016 at 7:43 PM Post #10,013 of 12,592

I've read about the Denons, but no known bassheads reviewed them. I think they have potential. Can't go wrong with the Sonys obviously, but maybe the others are good. I'm going to check the Denons out again now. Maybe I'll take one for the team.

I ordered the Denons... I'll have Thursday. That's it for me. I need a break... Again. Lol

Dec 20, 2016 at 9:37 PM Post #10,015 of 12,592
I've read about the Denons, but no known bassheads reviewed them. I think they have potential. Can't go wrong with the Sonys obviously, but maybe the others are good. I'm going to check the Denons out again now. Maybe I'll take one for the team.

I ordered the Denons... I'll have Thursday. That's it for me. I need a break... Again. Lol

Thank you! Those denons were calling me. Now I can wait to hear what you think. Have you heard the Cardas A8?

Dec 20, 2016 at 9:43 PM Post #10,016 of 12,592
forget the denons...kz zs3 is wheres its at

So I've read. I'll probably pick up a pair of them as well. I wanted to hear the Denons, not much out there on them. Plus, I have a soft spot for Denon... Brings back great memories of my Dad and I. I got the music, electronics, and audiophile bug from him.

talan7 No, unfortunately I haven't. I want to say someone here has... But I could be wrong.

Dec 21, 2016 at 5:17 AM Post #10,017 of 12,592
They only gone and put me as a cabin squatter watching over an empty yard for the day, pure coincidence I happen to had my wiz khalifa black n yellow special edition ex800's to keep me company lol

Dec 21, 2016 at 8:08 AM Post #10,020 of 12,592
They only gone and put me as a cabin squatter watching over an empty yard for the day, pure coincidence I happen to had my wiz khalifa black n yellow special edition ex800's to keep me company lol

That is the combo that ****ed up my right ear from a BASS Mekaniks track. You can **** up your ears with a little eq and that pair and do it under 60Hz .
Good times.....not really but full throttle bass...you got it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back