Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Dec 6, 2016 at 11:51 AM Post #9,861 of 12,597
  Of all the IEM I've audtioned or owned no others reproduce bass impact quite like Aurisonics ASG-2. While its not completely sub-bass focused ASG-2's like being struck by a world-class boxer behind the forehead. We're talking extreme (over emphasised) impact which strikes you behind the forehead with authority. It also has bass tuning ports which must be adjusted lightly in small increments or you can ruin the presentation. Not even XB1000 from my testing could accomplish what ASG-2 can, and from a tiny IEM.

One of the best things about ASG-2 is due to the adjustable bass ports "you decide" what you want in quantity. And with some fine tuning and sensible approaches they can cater for many peoples preferences due to the bass tuning system.

it looks nice, I wonder how they sound compared to W40?

Dec 6, 2016 at 11:58 AM Post #9,862 of 12,597
From what I've read there, I'm not sure if these will be basshead IEMS. Time, and Chris, will tell obviously.

" The Series 1 has only a mild boost across the bass to low-mids, while the Series 3 and 5 both feature quite a large deep bass boost that you will definitely feel in your head."

I had the 5's rec'd to me a few times. I EQ and amp everything so I will make up any difference or just try the 3 as well but I was told to grab the 5 if i had to choose 1
Hell, anything with a bass chamber is worth some attention.
biggrin.gif

Dec 7, 2016 at 8:57 AM Post #9,867 of 12,597

OT ALERT!!

Got the Santa up and correctly lighted. The other balloons will go up next week. Does anyone celebrate Christmas round here?

Once I have my full display up I will review my PHA-3 like the Mojo review last year. Lets folks see the person spouting off like some smash the King kid
biggrin.gif

I did a vid and will post a Head-Fi review for the RHA amp/dac which is very dope. Like it a lot. Old School rotary knobs work great.

Show me your Christmas when it comes.

Dec 7, 2016 at 12:23 PM Post #9,868 of 12,597
It's been brought up a few times but I gotta reiterate how perfect Yamaha's EPH-100 is for a basshead. It's got kick, solid musical separation and clear mids and distinct but not piercing highs. A buddy recommended these after I asked for an IEM version of the V-Moda M100 and I've been in love with them ever since trying them on. They satisfy my bass love while not compromising other areas of the audio spectrum.

I just play them out of my iphone, unamped and I couldn't be happier. Such a fun and high quality sounding pair of IEMs. I was coming from the Klipsch Image S4 and now am damn near disgusted with their sound in comparison to the Yamahas.

There is an issue with fakes, so be sure to buy from an authorized dealer. If buying from amazon, make sure it's listed as actually being sold by Amazon.com and not a third party. Audioaffair in the UK is where I got mine, and for a few bucks cheaper even with overseas shipping:

http://www.audioaffair.co.uk/yamaha-eph100-earphones/

Dec 7, 2016 at 12:31 PM Post #9,869 of 12,597
It's been brought up a few times but I gotta reiterate how perfect Yamaha's EPH-100 is for a basshead. It's got kick, solid musical separation and clear mids and distinct but not piercing highs. A buddy recommended these after I asked for an IEM version of the V-Moda M100 and I've been in love with them ever since trying them on. They satisfy my bass love while not compromising other areas of the audio spectrum.

I just play them out of my iphone, unamped and I couldn't be happier. Such a fun and high quality sounding pair of IEMs. I was coming from the Klipsch Image S4 and now am damn near disgusted with their sound in comparison to the Yamahas.

There is an issue with fakes, so be sure to buy from an authorized dealer. If buying from amazon, make sure it's listed as actually being sold by Amazon.com and not a third party. Audioaffair in the UK is where I got mine, and for a few bucks cheaper even with overseas shipping:

http://www.audioaffair.co.uk/yamaha-eph100-earphones/

I agree that the EPH100 has good quality bass but disagree that it is basshead level. My Sony EX800/MDR7550s are on a different level completely. I have to rest my ears from a basshead workout with the Sonys. The Yamahas were pretty flat/neutral to me. Different kind of sound but not basshead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back