Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Oct 31, 2016 at 11:52 AM Post #9,587 of 12,592

new give away to budding bassheads my favorite bass iem

it's a present from jake at trinity

if you like this bass iem pm

it's sealed and new even didn't remove the seal sticker

thanks

Oct 31, 2016 at 11:55 AM Post #9,588 of 12,592
Has anyone here tried the new Fender line up? I'm getting my hands on what I think is the entire lineup this week, or early next.

I have the FXA7, I had the FXA2 but sold it. I thought the FXA7 was noticeably better and more refined so I really didn't spend too much time with the FXA2. FXA7 is really nice, not as bassy as you would expect but it does have great bass. The radius NHR21 has more bass and hits harder. The fenders bass is tighter. The FXA7 really open up with balanced cables. The mids really shine balanced. I spent time with them when I first purchased them but have since gone back to my radius. I may eventually sell the FXA7, along with my SW3, SE-CX8, 7550, and my SE846. I may keep my FLC8S.

Oct 31, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #9,589 of 12,592
Thrill of the hunt maybe, seems like not too many recent earphones calling out to this thread.

On that tip I grabbed the Panasonic HDE-10 dual-DD (actually a dual-coil single diapghragm which is kinda cool) rcently hoping they'd fit in but mostly just midbass punch. though they do take EQ pretty cleanly (some bleed, bit veiled, kinda need it anyway). enjoying them but can't get them into basshead level sadly.

Have you tried them balanced? the HDE-10 really open up with balanced mode out of a Sony PH3 or PONO player...remarkable technology!!!
bass goes lower, rumbles and growls..........the headphone version HD-10 has best synth impact of any headphone i own....like a buzzsaw
through your head on wicked EDM tracks...

Oct 31, 2016 at 12:13 PM Post #9,590 of 12,592

Have you tried them balanced? the HDE-10 really open up with balanced mode out of a Sony PH3 or PONO player...remarkable technology!!!
bass goes lower, rumbles and growls..........the headphone version HD-10 has best synth impact of any headphone i own....like a buzzsaw

I'm intrigued

PHA-3 balanced on bass tracks is a whole new happy world for me. I need some what kind of cables for those? mmcx?

Oct 31, 2016 at 2:15 PM Post #9,592 of 12,592
I used to own aurisonic asg 2.5
Today I received a shure se215 I had ordered for my girlfriend. I rooted her galaxy note 4 plugged my ibasso d14 in it, installed viper4android and listened. Well eq'ed I find it better overall sounding than the asg2.5

I m wondering why it s not in top 10.....(i am also owner of vmoda m100 and jvc ha sz2000)

Oct 31, 2016 at 3:05 PM Post #9,594 of 12,592
I used to own aurisonic asg 2.5
Today I received a shure se215 I had ordered for my girlfriend. I rooted her galaxy note 4 plugged my ibasso d14 in it, installed viper4android and listened. Well eq'ed I find it better overall sounding than the asg2.5

I m wondering why it s not in top 10.....(i am also owner of vmoda m100 and jvc ha sz2000)

The SE846 just barely makes it on here via the refined basshead list. What makes you say the SE215, being far inferior to it's totl brother, has a place among the top 10?

Oct 31, 2016 at 3:29 PM Post #9,595 of 12,592
The SE846 just barely makes it on here via the refined basshead list. What makes you say the SE215, being far inferior to it's totl brother, has a place among the top 10?

Maybe his ASG 2.5 was also being driven by a phone which would even have trouble driving a 64-ohm earbud?
The asg 2.5 is capable of some great stuff but i'm never getting any ASG again.

I bought the 2.5 and the ASG B several times to compare them, several times, and every time found the same result.

If they just kept making the B it would not have been a problem and most people coming in asking where to find a 2.5 should have saved alot of their money and just got a B.

But both are unobtanum now and as such ASGs will have to become the thing of legends. The legends with some questionable problem frequency zones, no apparent QC and a support team who couldn't care  less about if you spend ~$800 with them and directly led to the purchase of other people's ~$800 IEMs 
rolleyes.gif
'

They belong more as a benchmark to test future IEMs by and not something people should still be after.

Anyway to keep it on topic.... if you think the SE215 has more bass than the 2.5 all I can possibly imagine is you had a REALLY bad source or recording. Some IEMs like certain "bass heavy" KZ's don't actually hit that low but instead create air pressure that isn't any particular note, nor it is one-note farting, it's just not really sound. I can't describe it well so hopefully someone else who knows what i'm talking about regarding these KZ's can chime in.

(Disclaimer: I did hype up the KZ ATE at once point, with the stipulations you must EQ very hard and give it a lot of amping, I don't have those anymore and about 100 new ATE versions came out since then, so let's agree all KZ is garbage for basshead use until further notice.)

This space is reserved for a shout out to @myemaildw
Never did business with him, never even had PM conversations with dude, but since I saw him enter the thread he has
  1. Designed his own push-pull IEM, which AFAIK he given away for free to a thread member and never reported on again.... shouldn't whoever got that post more than one sentence about it? Seems disrepectful to the homie @myemaildw don't you think?
  2. Posted hand drawn schematics & blueprints for said push pull IEM - can't find the pictures in the thread now though?
  3. Offers to give away free IEMs given to him as a gift to whoever wants them, I pray it's someone who respects the giveaway enough to actually post photos and a review upon receiving it
I had to add this because I don't feel like @myemaildw is getting his due respect. For a dude who makes his own creation, shares it here, gives it away for free, and is just told it didn't have enough balance! and not a word or picture after that! Can we get some DIY appreciation back in here? If you can't tell it peeves me to see stuff given away for free, and the people who jump right on it have no intention of reviewing, appreciating said item. I am sure @myemaildw is a much nicer guy than I am cause if I have someone something for free and they only posted one sentence about how it was just okay when prompted about it, I wouldn't keep my cool.

End rant

Oct 31, 2016 at 5:45 PM Post #9,596 of 12,592
vapman

I can review it, it's awesome being free, but it's like fine wine or shampaigne with lots of bass but I more like my ath m20x even thought it's 60 euro

I officially ditched zuperdac in huge favour of cayin n5 that also does balanced. just as well I ditched Hyperion as a bass head iem, good bass more favour to ath m20x even though it's flat it's way more refined and refined like a mofo no joke. the only thing I don't like to bring on the go cause cayin n5 and the ath m20x is too big, not the dap though.

I like bbbbbaaaiisssssss but ath m60x is ddsooopppeeeeeeese out of cayin n5 although flat it's rather rad my basshead friends hihi :D :grin:

Oct 31, 2016 at 8:08 PM Post #9,598 of 12,592

Actually was planning to do that since one of the two cables they came with has a bad jack, figured i'd reterminate it for my GOV2 balanced (though I'm not completely sold on BAL might as well try since GOV2 sounds much better that way). That is one nice feature of them in that the bass feels like it has a slower decay but everything else feels kinda quick.

I'm intrigued

PHA-3 balanced on bass tracks is a whole new happy world for me. I need some what kind of cables for those? mmcx?

For the IEM it's standard MMCX.

Oct 31, 2016 at 9:24 PM Post #9,599 of 12,592
@vapman

I can review it, it's awesome being free, but it's like fine wine or shampaigne with lots of bass but I more like my ath m20x even thought it's 60 euro

I officially ditched zuperdac in huge favour of cayin n5 that also does balanced. just as well I ditched Hyperion as a bass head iem, good bass more favour to ath m20x even though it's flat it's way more refined and refined like a mofo no joke. the only thing I don't like to bring on the go cause cayin n5 and the ath m20x is too big, not the dap though.

I like bbbbbaaaiisssssss but ath m60x is ddsooopppeeeeeeese out of cayin n5 although flat it's rather rad my basshead friends hihi
biggrin.gif
:grin:

Bro I know you can review and your reviews are good stuff, I enjoy reading your posts and I was so hype when you posted drawings of your plans for the push pull IEM and then you made it a reality.

What bothered me is I had a feeling the people who asked for it when you said you'd give it away wanted the free stuff more than they wanted to appreciate your creation. The one-line half review of your homemade IEM made me personally upset to see someone have that little regard for something you put your heart into.

I'd love to see that person either pay it forward, by giving it away to another member, or at the very least give it a proper review. We all know who accepted it from you, now let's see some paragraphs and photos.

I would tell that person who owns your homemade IEMs to check the Head-Fi reviews for an example of a good review but half the ones I click on have 1 paragraph at best of information. Seems like 2 paragraphs are a stretch. I can't even count how many on site reviews are a single sentence or two? When I write reviews they take at least 15 minutes to read. If a reviewer spent less time than that reviewing then what are they doing?

@myemaildw Just to be clear none of this is directed at you bro, except obviously for the praise in the 1st sentence to your work and effort.

Lastly I am glad to see Dr. Blue is posting favorable impressions of the Panny IEM. @drbluenewmexico and I were in PM discussions before he even ordered it, comparing off site reviews and he gave me many of his impressions, both out of the box and after more time listening. I truly appreciate your reviews Dr. Blue and am glad to see they're worthy of being posted in here. For those who don't know, Dr. Blue is one of the few people on this site who when they talk about good bass and natural sound I know they're not just throwing around buzzwords. Dr. Blue is one of the few people on this site whose words I can believe without any doubt in my mind. My man has been doing live sound & playing concerts longer than I have been alive. If I still messed with IEMs you better believe that I would own a pair of those Pannys by now.

Oct 31, 2016 at 10:36 PM Post #9,600 of 12,592
People on this site can get passionate about a particular i(t)em. I think it's important that we respect each other's passions and and importantly keep a spirit of helpfulness when someone asks for information. This thread has been consistently my favorite because we are likeminded in what we want, mostly. I haven't written what I consider a real review yet because i wasn't committed to this hobby past just buying the gear. My commitment had grown so I plan on writing reviews in the future. To me that's really contributing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back