Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Oct 30, 2016 at 4:44 PM Post #9,572 of 12,592
The model I'm interested in is the nhr31. It looks like the NHR21 but with removable cable. The NHR21 is really good, about the only thing I wished it had was a removable cable. I plan on getting the nhr31 as soon as I see it available. I wish there was someone here who represented Radius. I'd love to talk to them.

They were at RMAF I think, would be interesting if they are hoping to get western distributors.

why do you need removable cables? companies aren't interested in talking with customers, they just sell gear

:blink: Quite a few companies have people in the forums here and regularly talk to customers, oftentimes even the founders/owners....

Oct 30, 2016 at 7:26 PM Post #9,574 of 12,592
The model I'm interested in is the nhr31. It looks like the NHR21 but with removable cable. The NHR21 is really good, about the only thing I wished it had was a removable cable. I plan on getting the nhr31 as soon as I see it available. I wish there was someone here who represented Radius. I'd love to talk to them.

I can't seem to find this NHR-31 you speak of, where is the site for it? Checked their site but found nothing...

Oct 30, 2016 at 7:48 PM Post #9,575 of 12,592
Think they mean TWF-31 :)

Oct 30, 2016 at 8:47 PM Post #9,577 of 12,592
I think it's new. It's not on the website but it's on the video that Tyl made. They show the box. I hope it's real

Well, I read some Japanese comments on them roughly via Google Translate, it seems that the build quality of their removable cable versions are kinda lacking. Only read 2-3 comments that mentioned that so I don't know if it's the norm.

Oct 30, 2016 at 10:38 PM Post #9,578 of 12,592
I think it's new. It's not on the website but it's on the video that Tyl made. They show the box. I hope it's real

Think Tyll's video was about the two flagships TWF31 and TWF41, I think one or two people here have mentioned them as good midbassy- came out earlier this year, Musica Acoustics sells them internationally.

Oct 31, 2016 at 12:31 AM Post #9,579 of 12,592
I spent a bit of time with the 2 new models yesterday.

At no point was I going to buy it. Totally baffled as to why they are getting traction in this thread? Bass washes out the early mids. Looking forward to the tour Talan set up and the feedback. They don't hold a candle to balanced EX.

I listened to "Vato" by DJ Mustard and "On the Run" by Pink Floyd.
Still think the older model was better but they didn't have them at the shop

Oct 31, 2016 at 1:04 AM Post #9,580 of 12,592
At no point was I going to buy it. Totally baffled as to why they are getting traction in this thread?

Thrill of the hunt maybe, seems like not too many recent earphones calling out to this thread.

On that tip I grabbed the Panasonic HDE-10 dual-DD (actually a dual-coil single diapghragm which is kinda cool) rcently hoping they'd fit in but mostly just midbass punch. though they do take EQ pretty cleanly (some bleed, bit veiled, kinda need it anyway). enjoying them but can't get them into basshead level sadly.

Oct 31, 2016 at 1:56 AM Post #9,582 of 12,592
If you want bass plus good mids and highs I recommend the radius NHR21. The mids are not light but are good and the treble is one of the smoothest I've heard for treble that extends. Also, if you're on the go with just the phone and don't have eq, the radius is the right choice. It doesn't need eq. Twiceboss has em now. I've never heard xb90. Twiceboss, have you compared them to xb90? Someone did, and said it had better mids and highs than xb90. I do have 7550. They are only good when you're pumping a lot of juice in them and eq'ing them (also the need to be taped). The radius is a smooth, bassy earphone. I've never heard one more fun, but they also have audiophile quality sound.

Just checking, is the Radius suitable for metal music? Just easy stuff like Blind Guardian, Within Temptation, stuff like that.

Oct 31, 2016 at 2:46 AM Post #9,584 of 12,592
I am not familiar with metal but I would assume so. Everything sounds good with the radius

Damn. Have you tried their other 2 more expensive models before? HP-TWF41 or HP-TWF31? I'm not sure if I will have enough time to try all 3 of them. I would like to expand my options too, I want something that I can drive with my LG V20 and still boomy enough for metal music. My benchmark is something like Sleek SA-6, but I no longer want to buy from them as their support is getting kinda lacking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back