Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Apr 29, 2016 at 7:59 AM Post #6,873 of 12,592
How much are they where you are at?
I have been listening most of today and they are most similar to the AD01 but more powerful. The only ding on them is the cable but that's the only ding on the FLC8's too.
260 usd i love flc8s sub bass :smile:

Apr 29, 2016 at 11:32 AM Post #6,875 of 12,592
  On a totally unrelated note, is anyone else noticing lots of Bass IEM thread regulars were offered review samples of the Shozy Zero? Then again I don't venture far out of the few threads I stay in so far all I know everyone's been talking about the Zero for weeks.

I'm curious if they've got something up their sleeves for us addicted bassheads if these are beta units
biggrin.gif

So far I've only tried the Shozy Cygnus but found it to be incredbile. Only bested by an earbud twice its price, but I digress.

edit: Okay simply for the purposes of science, I listened to my ASG 2.5 directly out of my Xduoo X3. Took me a couple songs to realize the Cayin C5 wasn't hook up. I like this DAP.

I didn't get a set but I do hope they come out with something with us bassheads in mind.

Companies gotta realized there is a hole in this market to fill.

A basshead audiophile set.

Wait... is that a oxymoron? 
biggrin.gif

Any of my brothers or sisters want to lend me your Kickers?  I will be glad to let you listen to the U8.  

you must be in good standing with the thread or someone can vouch for you.

Apr 29, 2016 at 2:14 PM Post #6,878 of 12,592

I didn't get a set but I do hope they come out with something with us bassheads in mind.

Companies gotta realized there is a hole in this market to fill.

A basshead audiophile set.

Wait... is that a oxymoron? 
biggrin.gif

Any of my brothers or sisters want to lend me your Kickers?  I will be glad to let you listen to the U8.  

you must be in good standing with the thread or someone can vouch for you.

Sending you a PM

Apr 29, 2016 at 2:43 PM Post #6,879 of 12,592
  I should be receiving my HiFiSound Wooduo 2 soon, anything I should know before plugging them in? (Do they need driven at all, or better off straight up...?)

You do not need anything special. They are not power hungry but someone said that benefit from a little amplification.

I was using my old Fiio X3 ( 500mW ~ 16Ω) at low gain and I think it damages a driver. Headroom !!!

They have high sensitivity which requires some volume on your DAP.

Apr 29, 2016 at 6:54 PM Post #6,882 of 12,592
Custom AS-2.5 coming tomorrow from FedEx :) apparently they had a production issue with some materials that affected the Fender stuff as well. They're sending them overnight for free to make up for the additional time. The initial estimate was 4-6 weeks and today is exactly 8 weeks so it's not the end of the world.

Apr 29, 2016 at 10:35 PM Post #6,883 of 12,592
  As HawaiiBadBoy is still chatting here today, Im sure he will see your concern sometime soon :)

None of the list members I have have remotes but adding that next to the IEM's in the list seems like a totally 2016 reasonable modern society request
biggrin.gif

I shoulda thought of that myself but this is where the community comes in.

Custom AS-2.5 coming tomorrow from FedEx
smily_headphones1.gif
apparently they had a production issue with some materials that affected the Fender stuff as well. They're sending them overnight for free to make up for the additional time. The initial estimate was 4-6 weeks and today is exactly 8 weeks so it's not the end of the world.

Cool.
How much was the charge?

Club "16mm"

Onkyo for everything not named ex1000

800st....don't call it a comeback

Bass list will be broken into 2 impact lists:

1. AMP/EQ tweakers/Car audio folks  800st is the set for them ( I love the ex1000 personally but the 800st got 500mW input ability and it eats it well)
  2. Regular (2.5 are the kings of the regular market and 80%? of listeners)

Now about the Z5

Are they worth the money?

I'd buy the other 3 16mm from Sony 1st but if your not on a tight budget they do slam (though they can bloat) and the stage is good.
I sell some stuff before I even do reviews but these are keepers so they will get a review.

Apr 30, 2016 at 3:57 AM Post #6,884 of 12,592
I've been using my Elecom HH1000A a bit more lately, and I've come to the conclusion that they worthy of being discussed as a basshead IEM. I don't know where it'd rank with others, as I only have the VSonic GR07 Bass Edition to compare against, but it completely and utterly crushes the GR07 BE in both bass and overall sound quality.

Apr 30, 2016 at 4:06 AM Post #6,885 of 12,592
  I've been using my Elecom HH1000A a bit more lately, and I've come to the conclusion that they worthy of being discussed as a basshead IEM. I don't know where it'd rank with others, as I only have the VSonic GR07 Bass Edition to compare against, but it completely and utterly crushes the GR07 BE in both bass and overall sound quality.

I am gonna have to pick a set up. Elecom gear is everywhere here in Japan so it should be easy to grab

Users who are viewing this thread

Back