Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Dec 15, 2015 at 11:31 AM Post #3,077 of 12,592
  damn i really can't wait to get my hands on the new EX800ST, might have my friend in japan go grab me a pair so i can wire him some money :)

Aren't the SZ2k on ears?

Yes...we were thinking out loud about the gap in the IEM game which is the ability to cover approx 1/3rd  of the side of the skull with head slapping sub bass. It can't be helped.  If you get used the the SZ2k everything else seems like a kind of compromise in the bass dept over ear or in ear. Just open thinking.
smily_headphones1.gif

I will do a video of the ex800st soon and a review.  16mm driver and a 500mW max with a pseudo adjustable vent does just what you think it might...slam.

Dec 15, 2015 at 12:48 PM Post #3,078 of 12,592
I hesitate to say these IEMs are for bassheads but I got the Echobox Finder X1 yesterday (I backed the project on IGG for the IEMs and because I want a DAP with android). They are great all around IEMs, made of titanium, super comfortable, and you can really turn the bass on with an amp or EQ. So far so good. They don't equal my FX850 in terms of low end and timbre but for a startup I'm impressed. They do come with 3 different acoustic filters but I left the default on for the most bass (and V shape/fun sound). I have really been wanting to pick up the Cayin c5...I think these could really shine with that amp.

Dec 15, 2015 at 3:13 PM Post #3,079 of 12,592
i bought ie800 on ebay.(seller is purveyor-of-peace) i and my friend tried with iphone 6s and computer cx 400-2 and ie8. we cant perceive different. even cx 400-2 has got better bass than ie800. cx 400-2 has got better deep bass. bass is unbelievable important for me. ie 800 has got unbelievable detail sound but bass is disappointment  i cant understand that how cx400-2 has got better bass. 

Dec 15, 2015 at 3:24 PM Post #3,080 of 12,592
i bought ie800 on ebay.(seller is [COLOR=0077D2]purveyor-of-peace) [/COLOR]i and my friend tried with iphone 6s and computer cx 400-2 and ie8. we cant perceive different. even cx 400-2 has got better bass than ie800. cx 400-2 has got better deep bass. bass is unbelievable important for me. ie 800 has got unbelievable detail sound but bass is disappointment  i cant understand that how cx400-2 has got better bass. 

That's because the IE800 and most other expensive headphones don't want to offend anyone and aim for flat, "neutral" (read: boring) sound to "accurately reproduce what the musician recorded." I don't buy it except for maybe classical music. That's why I ended up in these threads started by @hawaiibadboy after trying other "basshead" recommendations.

Dec 15, 2015 at 3:43 PM Post #3,081 of 12,592
i bought ie800 on ebay.(seller is [COLOR=0077D2]purveyor-of-peace) [/COLOR]i and my friend tried with iphone 6s and computer cx 400-2 and ie8. we cant perceive different. even cx 400-2 has got better bass than ie800. cx 400-2 has got better deep bass. bass is unbelievable important for me. ie 800 has got unbelievable detail sound but bass is disappointment  i cant understand that how cx400-2 has got better bass. 

Welcome!

Like the other poster said. The ie800 is not for bassheads. They are mainly ilused for referencing, so they have a neutral sound.

My experiencec with senns are. They dont have sub bass, they have a mid bass hump that make it seem like they are bassy. Whicj is fine for a lot people.

Around here. We like abundance of deep sub bass that vibrates your ear drums.

Either way, nice to have you, and take a look around. If bass is what your looking for. You came to the right place.

Dec 15, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #3,082 of 12,592
Welcome!

Like the other poster said. The ie800 is not for bassheads. They are mainly ilused for referencing, so they have a neutral sound.

My experiencec with senns are. They dont have sub bass, they have a mid bass hump that make it seem like they are bassy. Whicj is fine for a lot people.

Either way, nice to have you, and take a look around. If bass is what your looking for. You came to the right place.

Welcome!

i guest that ie800 ear is wrong choice for me. i wish that i could bought ie 80. ie 800 is disappointment fo me. cx400-2 is better than ie 800 for me.

Dec 15, 2015 at 9:29 PM Post #3,084 of 12,592
ie800 is not basshead, its good for what it is but for bass haha no
you can eq it and use bass amp but that you can do with any iem, earphones etc

Dec 15, 2015 at 10:26 PM Post #3,085 of 12,592
I did 2 videos of me strolling through giant Japanese headphone shops with anything I want at my fingertips and yet i still got the SZ...folks don't seem to wonder why?
I just bought a Mojo but I already got an iFi iCAN nano and iDSD nano and an iDSD micro and they are awesome. I think the Mojo will be too and my money will go to awesome stuff.

I don't own any high end headphones because they do not do what i want which is what you want. Impact...forceful head bumping impact and good detail (I know big bass will have side effects) but I'd like better clarity than SZ but until that gets done I ain't budging.

The ex800st get my IEM head time. So far as punch goes my 2.5 are the best but my set could be special and unit to unit QC can be huge with a small company. I like the BIG  bass from the ex or xb on an amp but I got to keep the list real and it pains me sometimes to know folks will buy it.

The SZ2k with an iFi micro is ******* awesome......just wish it could be epic:xf_eek:  

I paid 800 for my 2.5 so your deal is a steal for a lucky person.

For sheer bass power the 500mW max input shows it's face on the ex800st. cover that vent and it's old school boom. That Bass Mekanik track was awesome on them.

The ex,xb and 2.5 are so close that price would /should guide most to the Sony as they are better with stage and clarity in the ex's case which is insane since the 2.5 has 2 BA drivers. I think the BA detail getting angle is waaaay overstated. My ex pick up more detail than 2.5 no matter the eq

In your video I thought you said the 2.5 doesn't need an amp or eq. I'm counting in it.

Dec 16, 2015 at 12:05 AM Post #3,087 of 12,592
In your video I thought you said the 2.5 doesn't need an amp or eq. I'm counting in it.

It doesn't. I am apparently an extreme basshead and pretty rare. The 5TX was very underwhelming and EVERYTHING I use gets an amp because it makes everything sound more powerful.

So for clarity's sake I'll say the 2.5 do not need an amp but I do. Everything I touch  besides the AD01 gets the amp.

I'm an extremeophile. I sometimes say that but maybe it goes in my sig soon.

Dec 16, 2015 at 12:59 AM Post #3,088 of 12,592
  Need an amp recommendation for my 2.5's

Budget is $200 ish.

Looking at Fiio E18, Cayin C5, JDS Labs C5 or Ifi Ican Nano.

Amp needs to have a bass boost switch.

makes me feel better. ill be with them next week.

It doesn't. I am apparently an extreme basshead and pretty rare. The 5TX was very underwhelming and EVERYTHING I use gets an amp because it makes everything sound more powerful.

So for clarity's sake I'll say the 2.5 do not need an amp but I do. Everything I touch  besides the AD01 gets the amp.

I'm an extremeophile. I sometimes say that but maybe it goes in my sig soon.

I started as a basshead, but now what i want is strong quality bass, without sacrificing everything else. Some gear can provide only some parts of the equation, or the build/fit gets to me. For comfort and quality bass the d600 do very well, while the ma900 are great as an open can (needs EQ to feel bass). the Onkyo ES-HF300 sound great, highly recommend on a lower, or any budget, but fit/build is iffy. 

im still on the lookout for the iem that hits the spot... maybe ill try the ad01 at some point, but im in no rush with all that is going on (ISIS and world hunger).

Dec 16, 2015 at 2:28 AM Post #3,089 of 12,592

i guest that ie800 ear is wrong choice for me. i wish that i could bought ie 80. ie 800 is disappointment fo me. cx400-2 is better than ie 800 for me.

actually...  hold on.

you might still like them.

Do you have an amp?  Those badboys need POWER.

Try it with an amp and some eq'ing.  You might like it afterwards.  If not, sell them and take it as lesson learned.

Dec 16, 2015 at 3:23 AM Post #3,090 of 12,592
I listen reasonably loud to my BA earplugs and didn't feel they are hurting my audio after all these years. With the 2.5 bass port wide open, I can actually feel it. Not sure if I am going to use it as often as my Layla or SE846. But when I need listen to trance or electronic music I'd definitely go for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back