Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Jun 9, 2015 at 6:28 PM Post #826 of 12,591
Hey guys, been meaning to post for a while now that I've had my 2.5's for about a week, but finals are a killer.

BTW, got mine from Mike off Ebay in polished black and there was nothing I could find wrong with them, so it's a pretty great deal IMO, he's a great guy as well, so I don't think you'll have any problems jin 
beerchug.gif

and quick question, I'm currently running my 2.5's straight out of my LG G3 and they're quite the upgrade from my EPH-100's, but how beneficial do you guys think it would be to get something like the OPPO-HA2 or another dac/amp?

Jun 9, 2015 at 8:25 PM Post #827 of 12,591
Said screw It! Purchased a Cayin C5. Got it from CTCAUDIO. They were great to me in the past, so I'm glad I could give them more business.

That's the spirit!!
biggrin.gif

It's the amp of choice at Extreme Bass and it's a fine amp indeed. Good purchase for all your ampable items.

Hey guys, been meaning to post for a while now that I've had my 2.5's for about a week, but finals are a killer.

BTW, got mine from Mike off Ebay in polished black and there was nothing I could find wrong with them, so it's a pretty great deal IMO, he's a great guy as well, so I don't think you'll have any problems jin 
beerchug.gif

and quick question, I'm currently running my 2.5's straight out of my LG G3 and they're quite the upgrade from my EPH-100's, but how beneficial do you guys think it would be to get something like the OPPO-HA2 or another dac/amp?

Get a Cayin C5 like the guy above you and you're set for IEM or most anything else. The 2.5 clean-up very nicely and love amp.
They will go from good to awesome with some juice.

Jun 9, 2015 at 8:37 PM Post #828 of 12,591

beerchug.gif

Nice, did yours come with all the stuff like in the original package? Like extra tips and stuff? I wonder if you can't find anything wrong with it, how the hell can they make any profit for selling at $475?

Jun 9, 2015 at 9:08 PM Post #829 of 12,591
  Nice, did yours come with all the stuff like in the original package? Like extra tips and stuff? I wonder if you can't find anything wrong with it, how the hell can they make any profit for selling at $475?

Yep, came with the original packaging, tips, case, and everything. If the listing hadn't said refurbished, I don't think I would've been able to tell haha. No clue how he makes a profit either, because Mike also sent me a clamshell case to use instead of the tight original case, and a pair of extra bi-flange tips! Dude's gotta have a great connection or something

Get a Cayin C5 like the guy above you and you're set for IEM or most anything else. The 2.5 clean-up very nicely and love amp.
They will go from good to awesome with some juice.

Sweet, will do! thanks Hawaii for all the great work, you finally convinced me to get the ASG's after lurking for many months 
biggrin.gif

Jun 9, 2015 at 9:55 PM Post #831 of 12,591
  Yep, came with the original packaging, tips, case, and everything. If the listing hadn't said refurbished, I don't think I would've been able to tell haha. No clue how he makes a profit either, because Mike also sent me a clamshell case to use instead of the tight original case, and a pair of extra bi-flange tips! Dude's gotta have a great connection or something

Sweet, will do! thanks Hawaii for all the great work, you finally convinced me to get the ASG's after lurking for many months 
biggrin.gif

Damn, yea I don't know man. I just hope mine won't have any thing wrong with it.

Jun 9, 2015 at 10:12 PM Post #832 of 12,591

Damn, yea I don't know man. I just hope mine won't have any thing wrong with it.

I think it'll all work out dude. I dug through every single response that Mike had gotten on the refurbished 2.5's, and every single one of them indicated them being in good shape. And my thought going into it if there was any missing paint was, "I won't be able to see them in my ears anyways"  

Jun 9, 2015 at 10:14 PM Post #833 of 12,591
  I think it'll all work out dude. I dug through every single response that Mike had gotten on the refurbished 2.5's, and every single one of them indicated them being in good shape. And my thought going into it if there was any missing paint was, "I won't be able to see them in my ears anyways"  

Ya I just hope there won't be anything wrong with the drivers inside, the outside i don't realy care as long as it doesn't have like cracks.

Also, Mike just emailed me saying that he also added a shell box or something and extra flange tips like you said.  He's a nice guy. he said I should get it on Thursday, which is 2 more days.

Jun 10, 2015 at 4:33 AM Post #834 of 12,591
I'll probably also get another pair of XB90ex IF I like the overall signature. Can't wait for the 1st pair to arrive next week.. fingers crossed

Regards,

Jun 10, 2015 at 4:57 AM Post #835 of 12,591
Does anyone have experience with the new Unique Melody Maverick hybrid with a combination of BA and Dynamic for the low frequencies? It seems like an interesting IEM to me on paper.

But there`s a pretty significant difference between the Maverick and the Merlin. They are both dynamic + quadBA, however . . .

Maverick`s configuration is 2x high BA + 1x mid BA + 2x low (1x BA + 1x Dynamic)

Merlin`s configuration is 2x high BA + 2x mid BA + 1x low Dynamic

Balanced armature bass and dynamic bass. Which, I guess, is why I hear such a pleasant amount of bass detail. . . .

I`m struggling not to buy the Maverick tomorrow. . .

Unfortunately, there is another difference between the Maverick and Merlin: the former is a lot more expensive !

Jun 10, 2015 at 7:13 AM Post #836 of 12,591
Hi Bass Club,

I'm currently using the Xiaomi Piston 2.1 IEM as a tough everyday phone. On the other end I have a pair of Tralucent 1plus2 for quality listening. I'm looking for something in between that I can use on a daily basis for to replace my Xiaomi. It should be fairly durable, cable down capable, and well fitting so it doesn't fall out when working out. I'm thinking under $300 or so.

One IEM I owned and really liked in this range was the Dunu DN1000. I loved the bass and sub bass. I wish it wasn't quite as sibilant at the top end, and it also sounded kinda muddy sometimes. Is there anything better nowadays?

Right now I'm considering the DN2000J but it has less bass and still has a treble peak.

Any others I should look at? I'm not necessarily looking for basshead levels but something similar to the DN1000 in that respect.

Thanks!

Jun 10, 2015 at 11:08 AM Post #837 of 12,591
  Hi Bass Club,

I'm currently using the Xiaomi Piston 2.1 IEM as a tough everyday phone. On the other end I have a pair of Tralucent 1plus2 for quality listening. I'm looking for something in between that I can use on a daily basis for to replace my Xiaomi. It should be fairly durable, cable down capable, and well fitting so it doesn't fall out when working out. I'm thinking under $300 or so.

One IEM I owned and really liked in this range was the Dunu DN1000. I loved the bass and sub bass. I wish it wasn't quite as sibilant at the top end, and it also sounded kinda muddy sometimes. Is there anything better nowadays?

Right now I'm considering the DN2000J but it has less bass and still has a treble peak.

Any others I should look at? I'm not necessarily looking for basshead levels but something similar to the DN1000 in that respect.

Thanks!

Sony XBA-A2  is 12mm Dynamic and 2 BA (3 way)
Fits your price range and is very well tuned. . Only IEM I own that sound great with a flat EQ on my X5. I raise the bass because
I am a basshead but it sounds great with guitar...rock/ fast or acoustic/long resonating string pulls.
Fits your price range

Jun 10, 2015 at 11:16 AM Post #838 of 12,591

That's the spirit!!
biggrin.gif

It's the amp of choice at Extreme Bass and it's a fine amp indeed. Good purchase for all your ampable items.

Money came out of the checking account, as I don't have a CC, and I said "Oh, screw!"  Don't have the cash for the amp right now, so it's gotta go back.  Maybe in a month or two.

Jun 10, 2015 at 11:45 AM Post #839 of 12,591

Hi Bass Club,

Thanks!

Sony XBA-A2  is 12mm Dynamic and 2 BA (3 way)
Fits your price range and is very well tuned. . Only IEM I own that sound great with a flat EQ on my X5. I raise the bass because
I am a basshead but it sounds great with guitar...rock/ fast or acoustic/long resonating string pulls.
Fits your price range

Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back